Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nuclear weapon 'hunting' in CO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Nuclear weapon 'hunting' in CO Empty
PostSubject: Nuclear weapon 'hunting' in CO   Nuclear weapon 'hunting' in CO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:35 am

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_27120237/bullet-looking-missile-thing-turns-heads-along-highway

I'm about 9X% certain that is a portable neutron scatter camera in the article. Their only purpose is hunting nuclear devices or reading radiation. Its up on a bluff west of Denver 'looking' north in the picture. Oriented East or Southeast and it would be picking up traffic on I-70. Very possibly just a simple test or calibration, but a darn strange place for testing. It MIGHT also be monitoring Fukushima radiation. Denver and Boulder are getting some of the worst numbers in the US because of the rain out from the Rocky Mountain Range. The continental divide is only a few miles from where they're set up. Thought I'd pass it along for forum readers.

Back to top Go down

Nuclear weapon 'hunting' in CO
Page 1 of 1