Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' Empty
PostSubject: This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'   This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:54 am

December 26th, 2014
Christmas 2014 finds the world reeling in confusion. ISIS, ebola, Russian aggression, the "collapse" of the global oil market, New York, Ferguson, Staten Island, Iran, Cuba, industrial cyberwarfare, the horrific persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the Middle East, and the list goes on. 

Even among the various denominations and groups in the Christian world, debate rages over core issues that were once thought inviolable for followers of Christ. 

Today, the Jews and the nation of Israel face threats that much of the world thought they would never face again. Not only existential physical threats from Iran and other Islamic nations, but intense and growing antisemitism throughout Europe and the world. Protestant denominations are turning their backs on Israel and groups in Europe are trying to establish entire zones where no products from Israel may be sold. 

Major pastors and televangelists seem to have forgotten what preaching Christ and Him crucified is all about and apparently think following Jesus is all about personal self-esteem. 

As 2015 bears down upon us, many Christians are becoming more and more confused about what's important, or even what's true. At the same time, more unbelievers than ever are uneasy about what they see happening in the world. They know that things aren't right and they're feeling a sense of impending doom. 

So where do they turn? 

The only sure place to find answers is the Bible. In fact, the Apostle Peter said that the truth we get from the Bible is more certain than the testimony of an eyewitness. 

The world is fascinated by the "prophecies" of modern "prophets" like Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, or Joseph Smith. But their predictions have invariably proven to be vague, at best, and completely erroneous at worst. And they are always "discovered" after the fact. Unlike the prophecies of the ancient Bible prophets who named names and dates centuries in advance and have never been wrong. 

As the world hurtles toward the end of this Age, we have the plan already laid out for us. And it's written -- straight from God Himself -- with unmistakable clarity and detail. As Peter described it, "...we have the prophetic word made more sure (than the testimony of an eyewitness) to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place...." (2 Peter 1:19, NASB) 

Bible prophecy is built on the certainty of God's foreknowledge of what evil men will choose in the circumstances and events He places before them. This is why only God's prophecies given through His chosen prophets are 100% accurate. 

So don't despair about events you see unfolding around you. It's going to get rough, but our Father has provided ample warning for us through His prophets and His Word. He's also given us "instructions" on how to prepare ourselves for these days. 

More importantly, He's given us this promise: "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:20, NKJV) No matter what happens in our near future, we can count on every word of that promise. 

And this one: "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5, NKJV) 

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Please check your local listings. 

I want to wish all of you a happy, blessed, and prosperous new year!

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: