Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Neosporin : Natural Replacement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Neosporin : Natural Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:46 am

How to make an all natural antibiotic ointment aka natural Neosporin
Wednesday, March 04, 2015 by: Alex Du Toit, Earthie Mama
Tags: ointment recipe, natural antibiotic, Neosporin

http://www.naturalnews.com/048858_ointment_recipe_natural_antibiotic_Neosporin.html

(NaturalNews) Neosporin is the automatic go to for the majority of people when they get scrapes, cuts and any other skin injuries. Neosporin is an antibacterial topical ointment that promotes healing. Although most of us have used this ointment for years, one quick read over the ingredients list and we might want to question what we are putting on our skin.

Ingredients include Neomycin Sulfate Polymxin B, Bacitracin Zinc, Pramoxine and more all mixed in petroleum jelly. There are many side effects associated with these ingredients such as allergic reactions, muscle twitching, convulsions, hearing loss, fetal harm, rashes, hives, tightness in the chest, and the list goes on. Neosporin costs about $10 an ounce with all of these unknown ingredients in it. Yet Mother Nature provides us with a bounty of ingredients that are just as healing and beneficial without the side effects. Should there be a breakdown in basic civil services, for whatever reason, you should know how to make an all natural, yet potent, topical antibacterial solution.

In the recipe below, each ingredient contains many healing properties. The base is a combination of oils that are anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-fungal. The herbs have various medicinal properties as well. Beeswax is a skin protectant, keeping irritants off the skin while allowing air circulation into the injured area. Witch Hazel helps to clean and disinfect wounds while speeding up the healing process. These are just some of the incredible benefits of this natural antibiotic ointment.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. almond oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil
1/2 c. healing herbs of your choice (chamomile, calendula, comfrey, lavender, plantain leaves)
4 Tbsp beeswax
2 tsp witch hazel
15 drops lavender or tea tree essential oils (optional)
Directions:
Put herbs in a glass jar and pour oil over herbs. Make sure they are submerged.
Put glass jar into a saucepan half filled with water. Heat on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir often.
Strain the herbs from the oil with a coffee filter, cheesecloth, t-shirt, etc.
Place strained oil in the jar back into the saucepan with water.
Add the beeswax. Stir well.
Take off the heat once it is fully melted
Add witch hazel and mix
Once cooled, put into a container of choice.

* Apply to scrapes, cuts, burns, diaper rash, dry skin, athlete's foot, etc.
** This ointment should be kept in a cool, dark place. Good for up to a year.

About the author:
Alex is a TRUE Earthie Mama, helping others tune into their most natural state while bringing harmony and balance into all areas of their lives in order to THRIVE. Alex has a well known blog on health, wellness, conscious parenting, green living and getting off the grid to self sustainability. www.earthiemama.com

Please check out her website at www.earthiemama.com
She sells all natural products and her Ebooks on Natural Body Care Products and 10 Superfoods and Recipes for Babies and Toddlers.

find Earthie Mama on facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Earthie-Mama/34217203...
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 am

Love neosporin and it's antibacterial properties.  Never had any problems with it or using it on my kids.  I've had cuts and abrasions that were slow to heal but after applying neosporin, the minor wounds healed quickly and eliminated all signs of potential infection.

Never had any convulsions, rashes, hives, twitches, or any problems at all. I truly believe a number of times the infections from minor cuts would have gotten much worst and eventually developed into something more serious had I not applied neosporin and a clean bandaid.  

I certainly have no problems with concocting a natural healing remedy, but unfortunately my cabinets are usually short on beeswax, coconut oil, witch hazel, and grape seed oil.   

I think I'll just stick with my handy all-in-one neosporin for most of our minor topical medical needs.

Neosporin : Natural Replacement Neo_original_ointment
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Please see this blog post I wrote on the benefits of coconut oil. It's so beneficial, that I even give it to my dog Audie every day:

Do The Elderly Need “Protected” From Coconut Oil & Natural Supplements? Big Pharma Wants Us To Think So
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Nicely written Internet Pilgrim. It's good to hear a little truth once in a while. Smile
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 am

Thanks, Lovisa. I swear by the stuff for myself & my dog. We both take it every day & it's great for cooking too. Chicken fried in coconut oil actually is good for you & the coconut flavor gives it a great taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neosporin : Natural Replacement   Neosporin : Natural Replacement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neosporin : Natural Replacement
Page 1 of 1