Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun Empty
PostSubject: Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun   Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:01 am

Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun 1427848481346

It’s been described as the image that broke the internet’s heart.

When a photographer pointed his camera lens at a young girl in Syria, the child mistook it for a gun and raised her tiny hands above her head, as if to surrender.

The haunting image of the child, with fear in her eyes and her lips pursed, was tweeted last week by Nadia Abu Shaban, a photojournalist based in Gaza, and has been shared nearly 20,000 times since then.

Shaban did not take the photo herself, and did not know who had. Little was known of the image’s origins or the circumstances of the child.

This led some to speculate that the image had been staged; that the child was in fact a boy; and that the photograph was taken in 2012.

Read Full Article

Read more at http://www.trunews.com/syrian-girl-surrenders-the-story-of-the-child-who-mistook-a-camera-for-a-gun/#bryTD9Uj0TXq8uuQ.99
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun   Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Would it really matter whether it was a girl or boy? And what year? If it happened, the fear that must have been in the child's heart!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun   Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:22 am

Yes Yaddy.  Whether this picture was real or not, it portrays a heart breaking reality that's just too cruel to comprehend.  Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun   Syrian girl ‘surrenders': The story of the child who mistook a camera for a gun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1