Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ Empty
PostSubject: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 9:37 am

This documentary of the Shroud is YouTube titled, "Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ" and I believe that's an accurate claim - it is tremendous and removes virtually any doubt about it being what it claims.

Back to top Go down

Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ Empty
PostSubject: It's questionable    Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Well, I have a problem with the shroud's supposed authenticity. One only needs to look at the latter part of the 19th chapter of the Gospel of John to see a serious discrepancy with this 'shroud' theory.

JOHN 19: 37-42 NKJV

37 And again another Scripture says, "They shall look on Him whom they pierced." 38 After this, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. So he came and took the body of Jesus. 39 And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. 40 Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury. 41 Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid. 42 So there they laid Jesus, because of the Jews' Preparation Day, for the tomb was nearby.

Jesus was wrapped up like a mummy according to this Scripture. With the application of the myrrh and other spices and substances, Jesus was entombed in a gummy shellac shell of a cocoon. Something is not quite right with the shroud as the purported burial cloth of Jesus. It just doesn't jibe with the Scriptures.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:56 pm

I understand your concern. But I'd want to see an interlinear Bible or translation like the Septuagint before concluding that the Shroud was not authentic, when so much scientific evidence is mounting, especially when it is strengthening faith or bringing to faith those who didn't believe earlier. They've used a number of words in phrases and translations over the centuries that detracted from the real meaning, and that could be the case with this one line. 

Thinking back, I watched two very good documentaries that day on the Shroud, and though the one I originally posted was the best, the other complimented it, so I'm placing it below.

I find it thrilling that no mater how unbelieving scientists try to discount it, God raises up someone (like the ordinary people who found the reweaving) to overcome all of their criticisms.
Back to top Go down
wakeupcall1111

wakeupcall1111

PostSubject: Re: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Well, I think Jesus was bound with the strips of cloth, AND covered in the shroud.  The shroud was placed on the rock he was laid on, then the body was put on it and covered in the strips of cloth and then the top layer of the shroud was lightly draped over the top - I would imagine as a covering to hide the body - after all, they didn't have closed caskets in those days.  The shroud is just one long piece of material that looks like a covering only - not a burial cloth.  Makes sense that He had both strips of cloth and then was covered in the shroud.  My 2 cents - I have not watched either video yet.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Makes sense to me wakeupcall!
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 pm

i agree with 2 coverings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ   Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesus and the Shroud of Turin [BEST FILM ON SHROUD EVER PRODUCED] The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1