Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blasphemous Merchandisers Using the Words and Holy Name of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jrcole

Blasphemous Merchandisers Using the Words and Holy Name of God  Empty
PostSubject: Blasphemous Merchandisers Using the Words and Holy Name of God    Blasphemous Merchandisers Using the Words and Holy Name of God  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:21 pm

https://trackingmeroz.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/blasphemous-merchandisers-using-the-words-and-name-of-god/

“And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:  whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.”  2 Peter 2:3
The other day I was privileged to examine the documentation of a transaction which transpired about three years ago involving the purchase of silver coins from Renaissance Precious Metals. The purchaser, a Christian female senior citizen,  had been an avid listener of Steve Quayle, and had been persuaded by his “dire predictions of currency failure and bank closures by December of 2012 if not sooner,” to take her savings and convert them into silver coins and some long-term storage food items. She received a large box of coins, but discovered that she had been shorted 100 ounces valued at $3100.  When she called the company, somehow she ended up offering to give a large portion of the missing coins to two “ministries” associated with Steve Quayle. And in hindsight, it would appear that this transaction had not been a wise move, as her investment has since lost value, and she had to take out a loan to pay the real estate taxes on her home.
Recently, this same Christian felt moved to file a complaint with the Montana Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division regarding her experience.  About the same time,   I heard from another source that there was  a similar story involving yet another senior citizen who had also purchased metals from Steve Quayle, and had been shorted on their order.  I do not know how this matter will end, as the Consumer Protection Division must ascertain first what the facts are from both sides of the transaction. However, I was moved by these two incidents to write a letter to the Montana Attorney General encouraging them to take these complaints seriously.
The following words represent the body of the letter I wrote on July 27, 2015, and posted in the mail box the next morning. The letter is addressed to three parties connected with the Montana Department of Justice, Office of Consumer Protection, in Helena, Montana.  In the letter I make reference to the specific complaint numbers filed on July 16th and 17th against Renaissance Precious Metals.
“Dear Sirs and Madam:  I am writing this letter to encourage your department to take seriously the complaints filed by ___ against Stephen R. Quayle and his online gold and silver business.  I am acquainted with Ms. ___ through internet correspondence dating back to March 2015, when she became aware of an online article which I wrote against the bullying tactics of Steve Quayle and Doug Hagmann.
I am presently retired, but once was a bank officer at the Seattle-First National Bank (now Bank of America), where I held positions in both the Trust Auditing and the Bond Trustee departments.  Later I moved to Texas where I was the Trust Department Operations and Systems Manager at Amarillo National Bank.  I have owned a gift/furniture store, and worked for H & R Block as a tax preparer.  Because of my past experience, I was troubled by the details of the transaction between Ms. ___ and Steve Quayle.
As an ex-auditor, a red flag went up when I saw that Ms. ___ did not receive a proper receipt for her transaction, plus she  had been shorted a significant amount of silver.  When she  generously donated some of these missing coins to Steve Quayle’s personal “prayer warrior”, and to Doug Hagmann, no receipts were sent to her to officially document these actions. Please note that Ms. ___ was not well at the time, and under duress; the details of which she had candidly expressed to Steve Quayle.  Apart from the obvious question of the intent to defraud, there is also the question of under documenting a transaction as a means of hiding taxable income from the IRS.  When I had heard that a similar thing existed in another transaction with another senior citizen, I began to wonder if this was the standard practice of Steve Quayle.
A couple of years ago I began to listen to the Hagmann and Hagmann blogtalk radio program, out of curiosity.  I am a Christian, and had heard of Steve Quayle and his end times talk which he had coupled with his gold and silver business, going back at least 20 years.  In fact, many years ago I wrote him and others to complain that their merchandising practices were contrary to Biblical doctrine. I never received a reply, but due to the volume of correspondence Mr. Quayle receives, I did not really expect an explanation.
Steve Quayle has been on the radio for years on various platforms, most notably Coast to Coast AM, Genesis Radio, Hagmann and Hagmann, Alex Jones, Dave Hodges, and others.  Renaissance Precious Metals advertising is found on his own website, Steve Quayle.com, where he combines it with a daily updating of news reports on the downfall of America’s government and financial institutions.  I have seen his ads on Hagmann and Hagmann, and also on Dave Hodge’s The Commonsense Show;  both hosts promote the same theme of the imminent doom of America.  Quayle also was a large backer of V, the Guerilla Economist, and W the Intelligence Insider, and of Hawk whose audio fear mongering is found on SteveQuayle.com.  In the case of these men with false names, the listener is told to trust their qualifications solely based on the hosts’ “say-so”.
The high pressure sales tactics used in these shows is unconscionable.  The listener is advised not to trust their local banks, and it is suggested that they should remove their money now or the government will steal it.  Also it has been recommended that any money in IRA’s, stocks and bonds should be converted to gold, silver and “prepper” survival supplies.  The Hawk comes right out and tells his audience to buy from Steve Quayle.
The target audience of these shows are Christians who are not well versed in sound Biblical doctrine, but who know just enough of the coming prophetic judgments to fear them.  What Steve Quayle and his fellow radio hosts push on the listener, time after time, is that they are sent as Watchmen from God to tell the listener when they should act.  With regard to Steve Quayle, if anyone disagrees with him, he reacts as a bully to intimidate the person into retreating.  He can be heard on air using the ad hominem argument against his critics, rather than addressing the issue at hand.  It is possible that persons who were not happy with their transactions at Renaissance Precious Metals were also intimidated into backing off from making a complaint.
The main point I am trying to illustrate is that the high pressure sales tactics are not found in Quayle’s written advertising; they are found in the radio shows which Quayle either sponsors, or where he is an invited guest speaker.  These shows consistently create a climate of fear and uncertainty for persons who are of the lower to middle-income range, or retired on Social Security, and therefore are vulnerable to a fear based marketing ploy.
If you need an example of the hubris displayed by Steve Quayle, and his friend Douglas Hagmann, go to the website hagmannand hagmann.com, on February 10, 2015 where they have posted an article called, Joint Response Addressing the Character Assassinations Underway.  While this article does not pertain to the  ___ complaint against Renaissance Precious Metals, it does illustrate the technique which Quayle uses to counter valid factual complaints which have been lodged against them.  Also on this same date, they threatened on air, anyone who sided with their critics.
In conclusion, I believe that Steve Quayle’s actions, as owner of Renaissance Precious Metals, represent the type of unconscionable business practices which should be withstood by the Attorney General’s division of Consumer Protection. Sincerely, Jacquelyn Weaver”
The writing of the above letter was prompted, not only by the filing of the complaints with the Montana Attorney General, but events which followed after that, which I do not have the liberty to disclose here.
Just as a matter of curiosity, on July 30th,  someone sent me a screen shot of Renaissance Precious Metals, showing that they are redoing their webpage.  I do not know if this is pure coincidence, and that this corporation had  made the decision to rework the page at an earlier date, or if this is a result of the phone call from the Consumer Complaint division to Steve Quayle. You ask, how do I know that they had called Mr. Quayle?  Well, in response,  he called the complainant at her home, and told her that he had been contacted.
This is a  serious issue on several levels, besides just  consumer protection.  Along with all those other radio and television hosts who sell metals and survival food, Steve Quayle is usurping a God appointed position of authority, in order to profit from the fearful prophecies and judgments  of God in the Bible,  by selling his merchandise at  high markups.  These acts  cause the holy name of God to be blasphemed by unbelievers, many of whom are of better character than these “Christian”  merchandisers.Blasphemous Merchandisers Using the Words and Holy Name of God  Steve-quayle-730-2015
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: