Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Live TV Exorcism – the Danger of Mass Demonic Transference

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Live TV Exorcism – the Danger of Mass Demonic Transference Empty
PostSubject: Live TV Exorcism – the Danger of Mass Demonic Transference   Live TV Exorcism – the Danger of Mass Demonic Transference I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 am

Published a day ago by Cris Putnam

Live TV Exorcism – the Danger of Mass Demonic Transference The-exorcist

Another milestone along the paranormal paradigm shift i.e. “The paranormal is the new normal” is now an understatement. (hat tip Gonz Shimura)

As if ghost hunting and mediums on primetime TV weren’t enough, let’s be entertained by the exorcism of demons from a devastated human being. Of course, it may or may not be a genuine exorcism but I suspect the dark side is taking full advantage of this opportunity to be beamed into millions of homes on Halloween.

Quote :
(Los Angeles, CA) – Destination America announces it will host the first LIVE televised exorcism in U.S. history, EXORCISM: LIVE! on Friday, Oct. 30 at 9/8c. The network dedicated to all-American entertainment will revisit the story and the frightening house that inspired the iconic movie The Exorcist on its 66th anniversary this October. The live event will take place at the original Exorcist House in the suburbs of St. Louis where the infamous ritual was performed on Roland Doe in 1949. No one has ever attempted to rid the lurking spirits and demons that inhabit this home, until now. EXORCISM: LIVE! airs on Destination America on Friday, Oct. 30 at 9/8c. 
http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/exorcism-live/

I’m not a fear monger. I wrote about this sort of thing years ago as a purely theoretical issue, so this is not an uninformed knee jerk reaction. According to some of the theologians I have read (at least 3-4 out of around 25 academic level demonology/deliverance texts), watching this “exorcism” for entertainment (motives and intent do matter) can open the door for a demonic transference. The following is an excerpt from my book The Supernatural Worldview which discusses demonic transference and other seldom discussed topics.

Quote :
A scholar I respect, Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, warns that demonic transference can occur “even when one has never directly practiced the occult, simply having contact with it by observing it or merely being present as it is practiced can result in demonic transference.”[i] cogently points out that Paul argues that one can easily become partaker of the demonic merely by experimentation or being present in non-Christian religious contexts:

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. (1 Corinthians 10:20–21)

This could occur while visiting a Buddhist temple as a tourist, or perhaps by simply observing an Islamic prayer service. This has real application, because in a multicultural society it is nearly impossible to avoid coming into contact with pagan worship practices. Dr. Sydney Page writes:

It seems that Paul believed the worship of pagan gods put one in contact with maleficent forces and Christians were not immune to the baneful influences of such forces. He does not indicate what might happen to Christians who disobeyed his warnings, but he evidently believed that they would be exposed to some sort of danger.[ii]

This text seems more applicable because it is about people and religions we still face today. It seems fair to argue that paranormal investigations might fall within this category as well. In truth, everyone faces these situations at one time or another. What about a military or prison chaplain whose job description forces him to address all faiths?

I wonder if millions of people can be demonized by watching an “exorcism” live on TV. There’s more discussion, from a biblical theology perspective, of the transference issue in the book.

[i]Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Demonology: the Doctrine of Demons (Ariel Ministries Digital Press, date) www.ariel.org/mbstoc/mbs082t.pdf) 35–36.

[ii] Sydney H. T. Page, Powers of Evil: A Biblical Study of Satan and Demons (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 1995) 225.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1