Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf in Pope’s Clothing

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wolf in Pope’s Clothing  Empty
PostSubject: Wolf in Pope’s Clothing    Wolf in Pope’s Clothing  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 am

Wolf in Pope’s Clothing 
Globalism - Ecumenism 
Tuesday, August 04, 2015 
Wendy Wippel 

The “Ecumenical Movement”, formed 100 years ago “to promote understanding and cooperation among faiths” (and ultimately, religious unity),” is gaining steam in our 21stcentury world. It could eliminate religious wars. It could make the whole world, finally, (all drinking coke, of course) sing in perfect harmony.  It could be the overture of the rise of the Beast. 

As technology both shrinks our home planet and increases the risk of its (and our) demise, strategies for global harmony increase. The end of the First World War prompted the eventual creation of the UN for just that purpose.

It hasn’t been as effective as was hoped.

So the search goes on.  Economic equality. More dialogue. John Hagelin, Quantum Physicist and president of the Global Union of Scientists for Peace (along with the Brahmananda Saraswati Foundation and Trust) says transcendental meditation would do it.

They guarantee it, in fact. 

But how about the cause of constant war?  What makes us incapable of getting along? When the human family feud problem arises, and the reason for the perpetual propensity for the planet’s peoples to preclude peace is pondered, what does the survey say? The survey says….

Faith. Religion. World peace would be easy if we could all just agree on a religion...

We’ve actually been hearing that our whole lives. Starting with, as far as I remember, John Lennon.  Without heaven, hell, and religion, there would be nothing to kill or die for, and everyone could live their life in peace.

And Nixon, who said that in the long term we can hope that religion will change the nature of man and reduce conflict. But history is not encouraging in this respect. The bloodiest wars in history have been religious wars.

And scientist Richard Dawkins, who said that, 'Religion causes wars by generating certainty.'

And many others. Notably, as of now, the current pope. Francis.

Francis, who has abandoned talking about opposition to abortion, but spends a lot of time condemning social injustice and solving poverty.

Francis, who has sought out dialogue with offshoots of Catholism (like Greek Orthodoxy) as well as Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims. Francis, who has had meetings with the likes of Kenneth Copeland, James Robison, Joel Osteen, John and Carol Arnott of Catch the Fire Toronto, and Geoff Tunnicliffe, head of the Worldwide Evangelical Alliance.

Francis, who last year, sent a video message to Pentecostal Pastor Kenneth Copeland urging reconciliation between Catholics and Charismatics, a move cheered by Copeland’s audience. The video’s introduction was delivered by a friend of Francis, Anglican Episcopal Bishop Tony Palmer who told Copeland’s audience that “Catholic and Charismatic Renewal is the hope of the Church.

Which Copeland’s audience cheered for again.  Palmer then informed this charismatic audience that Luther’s protest was officially overat, which Copeland declared that heaven was thrilled with that.

Maybe the reformation has, in fact been undone.

And now world comes that His Eminence has apparently laid all of his cards on the table, making a literal plea for a union of world faiths in the pursuit of peace.  In a recent address, Pope Francis said:

Quote :
Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept, which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each other’s beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God. "It is my hope that this meeting will mark the beginning of a new journey where we seek the things that unite, so as to overcome the things that divide. ….

Oh no he didn’t.

He didn’t just say that merging all faiths is the key to achieving world peace, did he?

Yes, he did. And the really sad thing is that a lot of the protestant Churches are on board, despite the fact that the Bible is very clear what our mandate is. To live at peace where possible, but not at the expense of truth:

The truth is that the gods of this world are demons, and we are not to worship them. (I Corinthians 1:20, Psalm 96:5) but to give our worship only to the God Most High. Matthew 4:10.

And to hold out truth in the midst of lies:

Quote :
Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who deny the only Lord God  (Jude 1:3-4)
Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.  1 Corinthians 16:13, KJV

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
Galatians 5:1, KJV
Quote :
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works. 2 John 1:9-11
Quote :
For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe I Thessalonians 2:13
It is only truth that sets us free, and it is only those who know Him who is truth who can preserve truth in the face of falsehood.

If anyone comes with another doctrine, do not receive him....for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds (2 John 10,11).

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions..... (2 Timothy 4.3) 

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. (Ephesians 5:11)

Notice there’s no escape clause. We’re to do that even when the unfruitful works of darkness come from the world’s most prominent “Christian”.

According the Daniel 9, the tribulation begins with a treaty signed between Israel and the antichrist, an individual that is also described in Revelation as the head of a one-world and one religion government.

And the treaty that inaugurates the tribulation would appear to be a peace treaty, since the Bible makes it clear that the world’s nations at that time all consider Israel, particularly Jerusalem, a problem.

Which makes it very interesting that  in addition, to lobbying for a one-world church, Pope Francis has also been busy behind the scenes in brokering peace treaties. He was apparently instrumental in the recent Cuba deal, among others, and other political pundits argue that only Pope Francis can navigate peace between Iran and Israel. 

Which is why the Drudge Report this week asked, could Francis be the antichrist?
As tensions grown in the Middle East,  Fancis. (already courting favor with Muslim nations) would be the go-to guy, ostensibly, ready to step in.

Francis, intriguingly, has also said that he wants to decentralize, apparently meaning set up other “vaticans” in other place. Franchise, I guess, kind of like subway. So that everyone will have hometown access to the religion we are all going to share.

Which makes a curious little verse in Zechariah 5 all the more interesting.

Quote :
5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.”
6 I asked, “What is it?”
He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquity[b] of the people throughout the land.”
7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.
9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.
10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.
11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia[c] to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

The Whore of Revelation—the false church of the tribulation—installed in Babylon.

And people think the Bible is boring….
Back to top Go down

Wolf in Pope’s Clothing
Page 1 of 1