Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jumpstart

jumpstart

Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer Empty
PostSubject: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 11:36 am

My men's Bible study group hashed this out the other evening; thought it worthwhile for the forum. Examine 1 Tm 5:21 and Galatians 3:19.

J
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Tell us the conclusions, don't just refer to Scripture. What did you decide? And why?
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Was not meant as a tease; just as a way to have all think on the sovereign choices of the Lord in all instances.

God sovereignly chooses throughout the Bible. He chose Abraham to be the father of many nations; He chose Israelites to be His special people ; He chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus; He chose the twelve apostles to live with the Lord Jesus for three years and learn from Him; and He chose Paul to bring the gospel to many people, both personally and through his writings. He has and is electing people “out of every tribe and language and people and nation” Rv 5:9 to come to faith in Christ. Those whom He chooses will come to Him, and He will never cast them out.
The passage in 1 Tm demonstrates his election of those angels that will not fall or turn away in the same way that He elects all of the above.
The Galatians passage codifies His choice in that angels; well beyond the point of the fall of Lucifer, were trustworthy to "represent" God in the mediation of the Law with Moses who was chosen to "represent" the Israelites. Beings that remained capable of corruption or rebellion could not be trustworthy in such a capacity as to carry out the will of an all knowing and Holy and perfect God.

Just as we that are elect cannot fall away, scripture appears to support the same premise regarding the angels of Heaven.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks for explaining. But I'd question the part about not being able to fall away, otherwise why would Revelation 3:5 say, "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels?"

Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:20 pm

The short answer to me: the person and work of Jesus Christ, that Christ is the Overcomer, that is, the ultimate source and means of victory.

The overcoming is the work of our Savior as displayed in each of the elect as overcomers.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:48 pm

What do you do with the part about not blotting his name out of the book of life then? And if you read all of the letters to the churches, a number of times the Lord says, to him who overcomes, I will (or will not) etc.
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 9:08 pm

I believe these are our Savior's affirmation of the things that follow to those that He saves which the Father elects before time. For me, these are absolutes, He is saying if you are mine (overcomer) as objects of grace through no merit of your own; I stand before the Father and plead your case so that you are not blotted out though you deserved to be blotted out and you are now reconciled in my image, white and pure, no longer the old self but the new creation.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 9:21 pm

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree since that makes no sense to me.  If we couldn't be blotted out, he wouldn't have mentioned it.  I know people who once served Christ but who have found it too hard and walked away.  I don't buy the once saved, always saved line. There's no incentive for those who are weak ever to struggle against sin, or to walk the narrow road - any many don't. I don't believe they'll be rewarded by hearing, "Well done" from the Lord.  We have responsibility too - it isn't all up to Him.  I assume you're not an Oswald Chambers fan.
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 pm

I see the opposite, He is stating what He will do to all others but will never do to these overcomers. A promise, even more a certainty. I too know many that have left- 1 Jn  2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us.
Once saved always saved does apply to overcomers as in John 10:28ff, "and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand" , again not because of their merit or works, granted they should evidence works but not due to works.
But we have gone down another trail from the original thread.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 am

it was luci, and 200 others, according to enoch, demons r ded nephilim, whom r disembodied cus they are not made by God.

the angels made their choice the 1 time, luci and his buddies made the wrong choice...thus the lake of fire
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 8:23 am

jumpstart, no one can snatch them out of His hand, but they can get out by their own choice. I also believe that there may be many who are saved (as through fire as it says in 1 Corinthians 3:15) "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

I don't believe they are overcomers or entitled to the promises in Revelation, though they may ultimately be saved.  Look at the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins - all are virgins (saved) but not all are prepared and watching for the Lord's return (overcomers).
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 am

I P, I miss your old Avatar with the tin foil hat Wink.

I am not a scholar so I just try and think through scripture. I have no special word or credentials.

But when I read- Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:4-5)
It appears that this means all that are born again; I do agree that there will be lots of demarcation or distinction for works, witness, etc.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 am

matt25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

so were the foolish virgins saved?? He left them behind 4 judgment...now they will die 4 His name..or take the mark, we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 am

I still suppose we'll have to agree to disagree - BTW, that wasn't a tinfoil hat.  It was my dog, Zoe, dressed as a medieval princess for the Halloween party at the library where she worked with kids as a therapy dog.  She's since gone on to wait for me with Jesus.

Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer Zoeprincess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: angels who sinned after...   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 5:36 pm

*... i think it has already happened, once before...  

*... the 'watcher' class of angels (... 200 of them i do believe) who copulated with the daughters of men producing the nephilim (Gen. 6), were not the same angels, who, during a much earlier earth-age era, fell with lucifer, who became satan, as a result of his initial multi-angelic civilizational rebellion against God during the pre-adamic ages (... 1/3 of them all in total i've heard.  oh well, long story there; perhaps more detail at some way later date).  

*... imho, the angels as described in the book of Enoch (...again, 200 of the watchers) were able to emerge back and forth, from heaven to earth, and from earth to heaven, according to the purposes and dictates of the will and command of Yahweh God.  once they mortally sinned by having sex with human women, they were no longer able to emerge and re-emerge to and from the heavenly realms to earth, and visa/versa.  having thus stranded themselves here, the physical, anthropomorphic bodies they constructed [shape-shifted] for themselves quickly aged and perished.  (...their immortal spirits await final judgement, as they are currently chained and confined in various inter-dimensional compartments of hell. see Jude 6-7, & 2nd Peter 2: 4)  ...cern anyone?   Shocked  

*... obtw, the exploits we see as part of the much suppressed, ancient archaeological record concerning the giants were these angelic hybrid nephilimic offspring and such... (again, see the bible for more specific details...   searching )

ps... i think it boils down to this:  you had some real horny angels there, who disobeyed God to keep themselves pure and undefiled, and stick to the plan at hand, which was to 'watch' and assist mankind as God pre-determined.  in short, they couldn't help themselves.  them pretty earth gals were just too irresistible. but, the 'on-point' topic assumes that the only time the angels who sinned were those who sinned initially with satan, and that they and they alone sinned and there would be no others. the account of the nephilim proves there was indeed a secondary rebellion by these 'watcher' class of angels. 

*... theological implications most definitely do apply here!

Cool

Last edited by Psychedelic Cat on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic clarification)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i got some 'splainin' to do...   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 5:42 pm

*... er ah, sorry 'bout the long off the beat and cuff rabbit trail there, but it was hmmmmmm.... fun!   cheers  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm

*... oh yeah, i don't believe in once saved always saved either, but i do believe the grace [unmerited favor] of God is the only thing that keeps us.  we appropriate that grace by faith, and faith alone.   Smile
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 8:10 pm

psy cat- the possible cross breeding is interesting; much written about that but the majority is not in the canon of scripture.
From our human perspective it is hard to accept once saved, always saved because we do not know the beginning to the end; but we know our Lord does and from his perspective, knowing who He began a good work within and is saved, it is once saved always saved. Otherwise He is somewhere less than supreme. Phil 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Good discussion and appreciated on my end.
Back to top Go down
ScaRZ
Elite
ScaRZ

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:13 pm

What is apostasy?.......abandonment, desertion, forsaking, the act of giving something up,relinquishing.

If it's not possible for a "Believer" to abandon or relinquish his/her faith then there can be no apostasy (falling away,forsaking,desertion). If we read what scripture says,then a believer and follower of Jesus Christ can desert their faith in Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

that day ......."The day of Christ (The Lord Jesus Christ) is the day"

falling away......."apostasia", "apostasy"

revealed......."apokalupto" = to unveil so as to be visible to the eye.

Scripture is very clear that the coming of Jesus Christ will not occur until first apostasy and the man of sin is unveiled.

Some will say......."Well they never really were a "Believer",they never had him,they were not a believer or follower of Jesus Christ."

How can it be apostasy......."If it isn't apostasy"?

How can we fall away from something we never had?

You must have something in order to (fall from it,abandon it,forsake it). 

Just as I believe a person can be an unbeliever and become a "Believer". I believe a person can "Believe" and give up,abandon,fall away from the "Truth" and become an unbeliever again.

I believe I as a "Believer" can be the one to leave and forsake Jesus Christ. I believe I can turn my back on him and walk away. I also believe I can be deceived into believing a lie as a "Believer" and believe and follow a false christ (An instead of,a replacement) and fall away into unbelief of The Way,The Truth,and The Life (The Lord Jesus Christ).

Here is something below that Dr. Michael Heiser wrote a while back that is very good in my opinion.

In light of all this, someone will surely ask, “Do you believe someone can lose their salvation?” or “Are believers eternally secure?” I really don’t like the way the question is framed since, for me, it does not capture what Scripture teaches. By way of response, I’d rather ask the asker which one of these propositions they would deny:

Everyone who believes the gospel will be saved, by grace and not by any merit of their own.

Everyone who believes the gospel will be eternally secure.

Everyone who does not believe the gospel (rejects it) will not be saved, regardless of works.

Everyone who does not believe the gospel will not be eternally secure.

Someone might ask, “Can someone who believed stop believing — and if they did, what would that mean?”

Same response: Which one of these propositions would they deny:

Everyone who believes the gospel will be saved, by grace and not by any merit of their own.

Everyone who believes the gospel will be eternally secure.

Everyone who does not believe the gospel (rejects it) will not be saved, regardless of works.

Everyone who does not believe the gospel will not be eternally secure.
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Scarz, Excellent point(s). That Th 2 passage to some scholars, deals with those in the professing church that were never saved but renounce and turn from God's truth for deception and/ or antichrist; to others it has been proposed that this is in fact the rapture that then permits the antichrist to be revealed. I personally do think it is people that turn and renounce, but it was never theirs to renounce; they only thought it was.
The only point I would stress is that only God knows who He has saved and they will remain saved and from His perspective, it is once saved always saved.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 10:47 pm

jumpstart, you're a true Calvinist... facepalm
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:23 pm

By any name, I do believe in the fact that there is total depravity of humankind, unmerited election without condition, definite atonement, efficacious grace and perseverance of the born again.
Many in the Calvanista camp are over the top; so I do not consider myself as a 5 pointer. I just trust in His sovereignty of all things otherwise, what are we playing at?
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:36 pm

I hope no one is playing when it comes to their eternal salvation and walk with the Lord... if I've offended you somehow, I'm sorry.  That was not my intention. honor
Back to top Go down
jumpstart

jumpstart

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks IP, no worries, was not aiming anything said to anyone in particular; but for me, when I say playing, this is what I mean:
 As Paul writes- If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 1 Corinthians 15:19. So playing would be to trust and rest in a deity that is less than what Jehovah is in His promises, nature, character and essence. All of the Omni things. Wink

I have no theology behind this next thought, but, to me assurance and once saved comes down to, in my heart, do I get excited at the prospect of passing and going to be with Him or by virtue of His eminent return and long for it or am I fearful. If its the later then something is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 7:36 pm

You know jumpstart (or anyone else who has an idea about this) I have something that I've been trying to work through for the last couple of years, and it's very personal.  So I apologize if it causes anyone discomfort, but here goes...

I was adopted as an infant, and two years ago my natural father turned up for the first time - I'd never even known his name.  I'd never sought any information about him because I loved my family and couldn't have cared less about where I came from.  But my (adopted) parents have been dead for many years (1982 & 1997) so when my father contacted me out of the blue, I began corresponding.  Eventually I learned that I'm descended from William Bradford, the Pilgrim father who was on the Mayflower.  I began wondering whether his prayers for his descendants hadn't shaped my destiny, and the fact that I was adopted, because my (adopted) grandmother
was a Scottish Presbyterian who taught me about Jesus and prayed for me through all of my adolescent rebellion - and no one I now know in my natural family has any interest in Jesus.  Without her, I doubt I would know Christ today.

In addition, I found that I'm the product of a famous family, known for writing... an avocation that has consumed me now - and the way I've been making a living.  That didn't come from my adopted family, but obviously there's a connection with my genetic heritage.  There's much more that I won't relate here, about my interests as a child and even my major in college that are almost unbelievable, once I've discovered my true roots.  I now believe that the old debate about nature versus nurture has been settled in my case, and it's nature that is controlling.

So when you speak of predestination, or of the Lord pulling us in and making sure that we make it, I have to wonder ... was it really that, or was it the prayers of William Bradford that brought me to where I am today, as a child of the Kingdom and a follower of Christ?  I suppose it isn't possible to know any of these things until I face the Lord and ask him... but it's had me thinking and praying on these subjects for a long time.  Yet I also see other descendants who should have come to Christ who did not and wonder why this man's prayers weren't enough to bring them in - men like Ambrose Bierce, a hardened atheist. 

Maybe no one can answer this but the Lord, but it's definitely shaped my beliefs since learning so much about my past, and discovering that I'm not who I thought I was for so many decades... confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer   Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why additional angels will not fall into sin and rebel as did Lucifer
Page 1 of 1