Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jrcole

Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus   Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

Mark A. Flynn

In an effort to keep from detracting from the joyful spirit that many enjoy during the Christmas season, I’ve decided to delay posting this article until now.   Also be advised that there are many spoilers here for the 2012 Ridley Scott movie, “Prometheus.”
The beginning of Prometheus includes a sly clue that helps in deciphering hidden meaning.
The first thing Janek (played by Idris Elba) did as the ship’s captain after awakening from cryosleep was to raise and decorate a Christmas tree while declaring, “it’s Christmas!”
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Prometheustree
“What the hell is that?” “It’s Christmas!”
The Christmas tree is an effigy of the sleeping Attis – (See: Roman festival of Cybele and Attis)
Just as the meaning of the tree inside the Temple of Cybele was accentuated by attaching a puppet-like effigy of Attis, modern Christmas trees sometimes include an elf, complete with red Phrygian cap.   Attis, (who later was equated with the god Mithra) is the sleeping god, and like Prometheus, was punished for giving men the fire of knowledge.
In the often misunderstood opening scene of Prometheus, an alien scarifies himself to give the planet living creatures who would evolve with the intellectual propensity to eventually challenge their creators. This was apparently not a normal act but one that his race sought to avoid.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus PrometheusNachash

The Greek king of the Seleucid Empire from 175 – 164 BC   known as Mithradates,  “given by the god Mithra” later became Antiochus Epiphanes, “god manifest.”   As a foreshadowing “type” of the anti Christ, Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated the Jewish Temple in 167BC by building an altar to Zeus and sacrificing pigs.     At the time that the Jews successfully revolted in 165, there was only enough oil to keep the menorah lit for one day after the Temple had been cleansed and rededicated.   Miraculously, the oil lasted eight days – the time that it took to prepare a new fresh supply sealed by the Kohen Gadol or High Priest.   See: “Given by the deity Mithra.”
In 321AD, the Roman emperor Constantine decreed that the important commemorative Christian dates should be superimposed over the Roman feast days.   Constantine instructed that Christians and non-Christians should be united in observing the venerable day of the sun, or Sunday. When Constantine dedicated his new capital of Constantinople, he did so wearing the Apollonian sun-rayed crown. Significantly, Christ’s birthday was made to coexist with the birthday of Sol Invictus, Mithra and the Feast of Saturnalia.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Gutatue
Constantine as Apollo at the top of his column.
My belief is that Jesus was born at the Jewish feast of Tabernacles or “booths” (Sukkot – celebrated in fall month of Tishrei), which celebrates God’s command:
Quote :
Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a Sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a Sabbath.  And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.   And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.   Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:  That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.   Lev 23:39-43
The feast of Tabernacles reminds man that their fleshly bodies are merely temporary dwelling places on earth. During this time, Israelites were commanded to perform a pilgrimage to the Temple.   (“there was no room at the inn” – too many people in town at the time.)    When Jesus was born he became Emmanuel. Truly, the Word became flesh and dwelt among us -literally “God was with us.“
Of course, as Apollo Constantine also was the same as Horus the child – Harpocrates, the serpent egg hatching, Attis reborn, and Sol Invictus reborn, the rising sun.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Tarchkild2
Stanley Kubrick’s “Star child” from “2001 A Space Odyssey.”
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Harpo
The Roman depiction of the “Star Child.” Horus the child or “Harpocrates.”
Constantine dictating that Jesus’ birthday was the same as the resurrection day of Attis was – in the same fashion as what Antiochus did to the Temple – a desecration, the interjection of the profane into the holy.
Indeed it was during Christmas when the crew of the Prometheus awakened a sleeping god, although in a sly reversal of the illuminated meaning of the Christmas tree.  The one who would awake did not represent the resurrection of Prometheus,  but the god who wished to extinguish all of mankind before the threat fully manifested –  the creation of David.  The android David (played by Michael Fassbender)  represented the newly awakened Attis.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus GodmanifestDavid
Michael Fassbender plays the android David in Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. He is the “Star Child.”
David (Hebrew “beloved”) is the ultimate expression of the gift of fire.     Ridley Scott makes a point of showing his “savior quality” as he washes his master’s feet.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus 20151230_195158
In this sense, David was not necessarily the savior of men specifically, but represented the next stage of man.   The biological template that expresses mankind is insufficient to achieve godhood; it is a mere catalyst to the human/android/god destiny.
David appreciated the 1962 movie, “Lawrence of Arabia”, and was shown dyeing his synthetic hair in an effort to more closely resemble his hero, T.E. Lawrence.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus 20151230_195525
David watching “Lawrence of Arabia.”
He later offers an enigmatic quote from the movie:

Quote :
The film conveys the enigmatic, complex life and exploits of an eccentric, rebellious, desert-loving, messianic, Oxford-bred British Army officer cartographer (repeatedly referred to as an “Englishman”), who unites the desert-dwelling Arabian Bedouins against the oppressive Turks (allies of Germany) during World War I. His extraordinary knowledge of the politics and culture of the Mideast allows him to organize the various, willful Arab tribes to repel enemies of the British.
The reference to Lawrence of Arabia clarifies the identity of David as the savior of man (in the illuminated perspective.) He admires the great blond unifier of the various Arabian tribes who share a common Islamic faith, T.E Lawrence, a representative type of the coming Antichrist.
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus Larwan
Peter O’Toole as Lawrence of Arabia — with Alexander the Great.
David was the ultimate manifestation of the stolen fire that the gods so desperately wished to destroy even to the point of endangering themselves with their own weapons. What David represented was equality to the creator gods. This is the lie that the Nachash specifically told Eve:
Quote :
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.  Gen 3:4-5
Peter Weyland, (played by Guy Pearce) the billionaire founder and CEO of Weyland Corp, (whose company logo is a stylized phoenix)
Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus WeylandoLogo-300x122
introduced David as:
“… the closest thing I will ever have to a son.”  It wasn’t that he really wanted a son over a daughter, (which he had and rejected as his successor)  David was an achievement that proved him worthy for godhood. In reality, David represented the next stage, the “savior” of humanity because he would be the first in a line that would become equal to the creator gods.
It was David who represents Attis resurrected, Mithra rising from the rock, brought about through the fire of Prometheus. He was the complete manifestation of the stolen fire, returning to challenge the gods that created him. David’s potential existence was the reason for the biological warfare weapons research and development depot, whose sole purpose was the destruction of the humans on earth before the fire manifested in a creature that would be like them.
In Prometheus, the awakening scene is a reverse parody of the meaning behind hatching egg of Harpocrates.   The creator god awakens to confront the resurrected Prometheus/Attis/Mithra/Harpocrates.

It is no wonder that the awakened god so violently attempted to destroy the android. David represented the ultimate stage of humanity, the one who would finally and truly manifest the fire given by Prometheus (Nachash).
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus   Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Nachash wants us destroyed, to put a finger in God's eye, what will happen when nimrod wakes up, i dont know, i truly dont think satan knew the depth of his fall, but pride came before it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus   Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Great article! And great timing too! i was just looking for more information about Attis earlier today. 

Quote :
In the film, “David” - eccentric rebellious, desert-loving, messianic, Oxford-bred British Army officer cartographer (repeatedly referred to as an Englishman), who unites the desert-dwelling Arabian Bedouins against the oppressive Turks (allies of Germany) during World War I. His extraordinary knowledge allows him to organize the various, willful Arab tribes to repel enemies of the British.

i wonder if this may be prophetic. Question As in what was before will be again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus   Why Do You Want To Kill Us? Christmas and Prometheus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1