Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

economic data: stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

economic data: stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008. Empty
PostSubject: economic data: stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008.   economic data: stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 am

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=1680

Steve, just wanted to drop a line to confirm the economic data you have posted as being spot on.
As you know I'm in the transportation industry as a owner of a small fleet. I can tell you for sure that I have seen a stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008. The recent dallas fed numbers in your latest article match what I'm seeing, as Texas is one of my largest freight lanes.
Many of my friends in the business are telling me they are seeing the same thing. This is in all types of freight. Dry van, flats, heavy haul. Monday, one of my biggest accounts released an available loads list, (one of the largest trailer manufacture in america) the entire list was gone in 7 minutes. This was only the third list this year, normally I get one every other day from this customer.
Bottom line is I have begun to park all unnecessary equipment, and minimize all I can to prepare to ride out the storm.
From what I can see, it's gonna get real ugly this year. I hope all your readers take heed and get ready, if transport collapses, the nation collapses. 
If you got it, a truck brought it.
God bless and keep you.
Ken

Jan 29, 2016
Back to top Go down

economic data: stunning drop in the freight base. In my case, about 37% off from a year ago. In fact the closest margin in my record show a parallel to 2008.
Page 1 of 1