Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 6:04 am

Published on Feb 26, 2016
www.undergroundworldnews.com
The deep sea is a forbidding place, inhabited by strange, monstrous creatures that haunt its pitch-black waters. Now researchers have discovered an eerie new attribute of this little-known region: a subtle low humming sound that emanates from its depths every day around dawn and dusk.

“It’s not that loud, it sounds like a buzzing or humming, and that goes on for an hour to two hours, depending on the day,” said Simone Baumann-Pickering, co-author of the study, in a statement.
The source of the hum remains a mystery, to say the least. Researchers suspect that it may be coming from an organism, or perhaps many organisms chanting in unison, but no known marine creature could be matched to the noise. It might be coming from a species yet to be identified, or it might be evidence of a new capability of an already-known creature. Then again, it might be coming from a non-living source too.

There's one clue, however. The sound comes from the ocean's mesopelagic zone, a region between 660 to 3,300 feet below the surface that's too dark for photosynthesis to occur. Since food is scarce there, many of the bizarre organisms that call this region home must migrate up and down the water column en masse on a daily basis to feed. These migrations typically happen at dawn and dusk, which coincides with the weird humming sound.

Learn More:
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wild...

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Leviathan, dreaming about the end of the world and starting to awaken....... hide
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:20 pm

Probably ocean Cicada's. Wink
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:09 am

rawblues wrote:

You're probably right rawblues but don't you mean, Seacada's? lol!
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 am

Delfi wrote:
rawblues wrote:

You're probably right rawblues but don't you mean, Seacada's? 

My bad!  Good One Delfi!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean   Weird Humming Sound Detected in the Dark Depths of the Ocean I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: