Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises Empty
PostSubject: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=94708&page=1#.UXXVZKWf_0c

Preparing for Major Terrorism Exercises Three Cities
By David Ruppe
May 2

The federal government has begun preparing three U.S. cities for large-scale, 10-day terrorism-response exercises scheduled this month.

Beginning sometime between May 7 and May 29, local, state and top level federal authorities will respond to simulated weapons of mass destruction attacks in three cities — Denver, Portsmouth, N.H., and the Washington, D.C.-area.

Denver or Portsmouth will face either a simulated biological or a chemical weapons attack. The D.C. metropolitan area will respond to a radiological attack drill — which could range from simply an exposed container of radioactive material to a small nuclear detonation.

MORE@LINK
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 am

Interesting. Current capital, rumoured future capital, and the home of our navy's killer/hunter submarine yard...
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

quietobserver wrote:
Interesting. Current capital, rumoured future capital, and the home of our navy's killer/hunter submarine yard...

Agree..... that is interesting.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm

10 days is, I believe, the FDA standard timetable for thyroid flooding post-rad event. Dunno about bio, zombie, or chem response.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:17 am

I clicked the link this morning, after I fwded the info to my brother.

This article is dated May 2, 2004

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Dove wrote:
I clicked the link this morning, after I fwded the info to my brother.

This article is dated May 2, 2004

Are you sure about that? Abcnews still says 4/23 at 9:xx pm.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 pm

This from the comments section below the article on page #2.

Quote :
This is old news, it's describing an event that occurred in 2000. Thus the mention of the Clinton administration officials. The article mentions in paragraph #10 that the exercises are called "TOPOFF": "Congress has provided $3.5 million for the Denver and Portsmouth exercises, which are called 'TOPOFF'..."A search for "TOPOFF Denver" (one of the cities involved) yields a webpage (www.globalsecurity.org/security/ops/index_topoff1.htm) which states that the events in Portsmouth, Denver, and DC (latter called NCR 2000) ran concurrently from May 17-24 of 2000.

This from the link given in the quote above.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/ops/index_topoff1.htm wrote:

TOPOFF 1
TOPOFF 2000 was a single, full-scale exercise conducted over 10 days in three venues:

Denver, CO: Bioterrorism attack (Plague).
Portsmouth, NH: Chemical attack (Sulfur Mustard).
National Capital Region: NCR 2000, concurrent but separate exercise (Radiological Dispersal Device).

Exercise TOPOFF (Top Officials) 2000 was a Congressionally mandated, "no-notice" national exercise held in May 2000. It was designed to assess the nation's crisis and consequence management capability by exercising the plans, policies, procedures, systems, and facilities through local, state, and Federal responses to geographically-dispersed terrorist threats and acts. The exercise was co-sponsored by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which were designated as the lead agencies for the exercise by the Senate Appropriations Committee in Senate Report 105-235. The exercise was the largest peacetime terrorism exercise ever sponsored by DOJ or FEMA.

Exercise TOPOFF was a multi-component, multi-site exercise incorporating command post exercises, full-scale training exercises, tactical exercises, and several large-scale "subexercises." The Exercise incorporated design input from crisis and consequence managers across the nation. An important aim of the Exercise was to examine the interfaces and relationships between the participating agencies and their top officials to identify any seams, gaps, and redundancy in responsibilities that affect decision-making and subsequent actions directed to resolve the scope of consequences resulting from the simulated attacks

The Exercise scenario involved simultaneous incidents occurring in both Region I (Portsmouth, New Hampshire) and Region VIII (Denver, Colorado). STARTEX for Exercise TOPOFF occurred on Wednesday, May 17, 2000, with the terrorist-motivated release of a biological agent in the Denver metropolitan area. However, because the released agent, later identified as pneumonic plague, had a two to three day incubation period, active play did not begin until Saturday, May 20, 2000. As an influx of patients exhibiting flu-like symptoms began to rapidly overwhelm the Denver area hospitals by early Saturday morning, a van exploded at the Port Authority dock in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, causing numerous injuries and fatalities. The chemical agent released in the van explosion was subsequently determined to be mustard gas. Active play continued at both venues through the weekend and the following week, ending on Wednesday, May 24, 2000. An interagency hotwash followed on Thursday, May 25th.

Planning for Exercise TOPOFF, as well as the National Capital Region 2000 Exercise, involved several "trusted agents" from EPA and USCG, as well as regional offices in RRTs I, III, and VIII. Through this process, EPA and USCG also cooperated closely with other National Response System (NRS) departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and FEMA.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Preparing for Major Terrorism Exercises Three Cities

More Sharing ServicesShare
Share on emailEmail
12 Comments
Print
Single Page
Text Size
- / +

By David Ruppe
May 2, 2004

The federal government has begun preparing three U.S. cities for large-scale, 10-day terrorism-response exercises scheduled this month.

Beginning sometime between May 7 and May 29, local, state and top level federal authorities will respond to simulated weapons of mass destruction attacks in three cities — Denver, Portsmouth, N.H., and the Washington, D.C.-area.

Denver or Portsmouth will face either a simulated biological or a chemical weapons attack. The D.C. metropolitan area will respond to a radiological attack drill — which could range from simply an exposed container of radioactive material to a small nuclear detonation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the article Spring posted. Even his original post says
May 2.

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 pm

My apologies dove/researcher I wasn't questioning "you", just very curious about info. Tried to post google "FEMA CAPSTONE LEVEL EVENT"
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Anyone who believes Christ came in the flesh to facilitate our salvation will find a bit of irony in the capstone term.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 pm

quietobserver wrote:
Anyone who believes Christ came in the flesh to facilitate our salvation will find a bit of irony in the capstone term.

With you there!
I even heard a nut job equate the 'all seeing eye' as the God of the
Bible using Jesus' words of "if thine eye be single...."

Satan has wrapped his lies so tightly around everything in an attempt
to usurp God, and our finding Him.....incredible.

And it's why I advocate 'turning' away from the world, rather than
digging through it, to try to uncover God.

The view changes once we step outside the snare altogether. thanks

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

quietobserver wrote:

Yeah that, and what Dove said too. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises   Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Between May 7 and May 29 three U.S. cities 10-day terrorism-response exercises
Page 1 of 1