Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing Empty
PostSubject: Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing   Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 am

Posted on April 23, 2013 by The Extinction Protocol

Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing _65680824_chunxiao_gas_464x386v2

April 23, 2013 – TOKYO - Japan would respond with force if any attempt is made to land on disputed islands, PM Shinzo Abe has warned. His comments came as eight Chinese government ships sailed near East China Sea islands that both nations claim. A flotilla of 10 fishing boats carrying Japanese activists was also reported to be in the area, as well as the Japanese coastguard. Mr. Abe was speaking in parliament hours after dozens of lawmakers visited a controversial war-linked shrine. a total of 168 lawmakers paid their respects at the Yasukuni Shrine, which commemorates Japan’s war dead, including war criminals, in a move likely to anger regional neighbors who say the shrine is a reminder of Japan’s military past. The warning came as eight Chinese ships sailed around the islands – called Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China. The Japanese coast guard said it was the highest number of Chinese boats in the area since Tokyo nationalised part of the island chain in September 2012. China said its ships had been monitoring Japanese vessels. The State Oceanic Administration issued a statement saying three of its ships had “found” several Japanese ships around the islands and “immediately ordered another five ships in the East China Sea to meet the three ships.” Ten Japanese boats carrying around 80 activists arrived in the area early on Tuesday, Reuters news agency reported, monitored by Japanese Coast Guard vessels. Public broadcaster NHK said the boats were carrying “regional lawmakers and members of the foreign media.” Japan’s top government spokesman said the “intrusion into territorial waters” was “extremely regrettable.” Japan also summoned the Chinese ambassador to protest, reports said. The territorial row has been rumbling for years but was reignited last year when Japan bought three of the islands from their private Japanese owner. China claims the island chain, which is controlled by Japan. Taiwan also claims the islands, which offer rich fishing grounds and lie in a strategically important area. Visits to Yasukuni Shrine by lawmakers anger Japan’s neighbors. The dispute has led to serious diplomatic tension between China and Japan, most recently in January when Japan said a Chinese frigate locked weapons-controlling radar on one of its navy ships near the islands – something China disputes. –BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22260140
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing   Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Weird. For some reason, the above link asks me to verify to BBC.co.uk using my certificate even though I have not clicked on the link. I am not using any "pre-fetch" setting/plugin/addon either.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing   Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Japan scrambles jets after China plane flies by southern islands

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/japan-scrambles-jets-china-plane-flies-southern-islands-110905491.html

China's economy is imploding. Too much too fast. Their military needs a conflict of sorts to remain in power.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing   Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm

hint hint.....

Dawn Blitz: U.S. and Japanese storm island

About 5,000 troops are training during Dawn Blitz, which began Tuesday and finishes June 28. For the first time since the annual exercises were launched in 2010, Japan sent maritime, aviation and naval forces to participate. Personnel from Canada and New Zealand also joined in, and seven other countries sent observers.
The 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade and troops from three foreign nations are slated to storm Red Beach at Camp Pendleton June 24, in what the Marine Corps says is the largest multilateral amphibious landing in base history.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jun/17/dawn-blitz-san-clemente-island-japanese-marines/

4,000 were Japanese I remember reading in another article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing   Japan PM Abe warns China of force over islands landing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1