Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock Empty
PostSubject: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 am

What the What Is This Shiny Metal Protrusion Sticking Out of a Martian Rock?
Curiosity has found something weird. It’s shiny, probably made of metal, and is sticking straight out of a rock like a hand. Has NASA just found signs of intelligent life on Mars? Is it a tool of some kind? Or maybe the metallic foot of a long-dead robot Martian?
NASA doesn’t actually know. The current thinking is that it’s made of some sort of metal, as it’s shiny, and the fact that it’s not covered in dust means it’s probably easily cleaned by the wind, and therefore not rough. It could just be a bit of the rock that’s more resistant to erosion, or some sort of substance that’s actually growing on the rock. Who knows?
Of course, alien hunters are going nuts over this, but I’m sure it’s something explainable. Probably. Either that or it’s a piece of a Cylon Centurion that crash-landed on Mars after an epic interstellar battle. [Universe Today]
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/02/what-the-hell-is-this-shiny-metal-protrusion-sticking-out-of-a-martian-rock/
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/07/mars-rover-spots-metallic-arm_n_2637990.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Robot Arm?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm

It looks like a gearshift, We had a similar one on our dunebuggy. Or it could be some of that funny blue rock that's all over the place there. I wonder what mineral creates blue rock?
Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock Curiosity-metal-object
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm curious as to why its a "non-starter" in American media at the moment. (at least that I've seen) I'm not saying its anything earth shattering, but anything the least bit anomalous on Mars usually generates a lot of press. scratch
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I only watch "wretched" "survivor" and the "Big bang theory" so, I haven't seen the MSM in months, and that was just the weather. Smile It will probably take about a week before the administration tells them of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am

BAZINGA! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am

onlyoneimage wrote:
BAZINGA! LOL.

That show is so funny! enjoy the show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock   Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mars Rover Spots Metallic 'Arm' Sticking Out Of A Rock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: