AuthorMessage
ColonelZ
Super Elite

PostSubject: Prophecy By Parallel    Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

Prophecy By Parallel
Prophecy - Signs  
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Wendy Wippel 

One of my favorite Bible scholars explains the format of our Scriptures like this:  The Old is, in the New, revealed; the New is, in the Old concealed. 

Jesus Himself confirmed the second half when He told a couple of disciples on the Emmaus road that everything in their existing scriptures spoke of Him! In the current  “every verse of the Bible has to be about me” culture, however, we don’t really look at the two testaments as integrally connected. Our loss.

The Old fashion word for the numerous individual connections between the two testaments is “types”, and – meeting and even exceeding the testimony of two witnesses principal, the Scriptures tell us that types are employed in Scripture several times.

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.

Quote :
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away.  Hebrews 10:2-4
Quote :
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:14-15
Quote :
By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, of whom it was said, “In Isaac your seed shall be called,” concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense. (in KJV: “Type”) Hebrews 11:17-19

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this one also have something to offer.

Quote :
For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. Hebrews 8:4-6
Quote :
let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16

You get the idea. And maybe already had it. I mean, we’re all pretty familiar with the Old Testament passage about the Brazen Serpent on which the Children of Israel could look upon to be saved. (Numbers 21:5-7). But here’s the thing. It really goes much deeper than we really think. And it’s a pretty fun thing to dig into.

Today’s example: one that all of us should be familiar with. But probably not as attuned to the prophetic aspects as we think:

• Isaac as a shadow of Christ.
  • Neither should have been born (Sarah was barren, and Mary was still a virgin.)
  • Both were only sons (Gen 22:2, Matt 1:18-20.)
  • Both of them endured persecution from their own families. (Genesis 21:9; Gal 4:28-29 ; Matt 27-29)
  • Both were blameless according to the law when they were offered (Gen 22: Mat 27:24)
  • They both went willingly to their sacrifice (Gen 22:29; John 10:17)
  • At that moment, both were apparently forsaken by their father. (Gen 22: 9)
  • Both carried their own wood. (Gen 22:6, John 10:17)
  • Both were resurrected after their “deaths”.
  • A servant (Eliezer, meaning God that helps) was sent to get a bride for Isaac AFTER he was offered up. The holy spirit (The God that helps) was sent to procure a bride for Christ until AFTER He was offered up.
  • Eliezer spoke only of his Master, as does the Holy Spirit.
  • Eliezer accompanied the Bride to meet her Husband.
  • Rebecca yielded to Eliezer’s wishes, so the church yields to the Holy Spirit.
  • Eliezer reveals her bridegroom to Rebecca while she’s waiting  to meet him. The Holy spirit reveals our bridegroom to us. 
  • Rebecca was a Gentile Bride (Jews are not defined by descent from Abraham, but from Judah).
  • And one more. A Prophetic one. Rebecca was living securely, safe and sound, till she went to meet her bridegroom.

OK. Lied. One more prophetic one, and this one kind of clinches the supernatural design of these “prophecies by parallel" to me.

If you look at the passage in which Abraham actually does not sacrifice Isaac it is a little more than strange: Isaac spoke to Abraham, his father, and said, “My father!”

And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”

Quote :
And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together. Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” So he said, “Here I am.” And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me."  Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”  Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven,  and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”  So Abraham returned to his young men, and they rose and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba. Genesis 22:8-19

Look at that last sentence.

Here’s my question: What happened to Isaac?  Did he decide he’d had always wanted to see Jericho?

One thing we do know: the next place Isaac shows up in Scripture is to get married! (Genesis 24:62-67)

Coincidence?

Not in my book. I think we know better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Prophecy By Parallel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1