Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

problems signing on / question about text color

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aria

problems signing on / question about text color Empty
PostSubject: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:55 pm

I had some log in problems and wanted to share what happened in case it helps others. I was a member at the old board but had not visited in a while. I tried to sign on for the first time here at the new board, recd message: You
have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an
invalid password.

I know I was putting in the correct name and password
because it worked on the old board today. So I figured I needed to
register. When I tried to, got this:
Sorry, but this username has already been taken.

Tried to figure out how to send message to moderators (as a guest). Could not figure out how to send a message. (Edited to add: there is a link at bottom of the page called "contact us" but when I clicked I could not tell for sure who message was going to. Since the other links next to it seemed to be related to the forum software company, I could not tell if the message was going to the people who created the forum software or the forum moderators.)

As a last resort, I clicked on forgotten password, it sent me a new password so that I could log in. But I don't know why it would not take my old password. Also, when I try to post messages, the default ink color for text is black and I can not see what I am typing at all. I finally found the font color button at the top and changed it to yellow but this has to be clicked every single time I type a message.

Would it be possible to to have the default text color be something else or show me how to make the background not black? Thanks!

P.S. I am reviewing this (preview) before I post and the word wrap is messed up, I am typing to the end of the line but the system is breaking up lines of text in weird places in the middle of sentences. etc. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Aria on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm

I also had a similar experience.

Apparently I had signed up for this forum originally but forgot my password. Tried to get new password but it didn't recognize any email address I gave it (but it must have been 1 of the 3 I tried). Tried to re-register under 'Jay' but said the username was already taken. Ended up creating a new acct under 'Jay2' - but I'd rather stick with my original username.

Moderators:
1. Is there any way to go with 'Jay' username instead?
2. What's the easiest way to transfer my posts over here, other than transferring BB code of individual posts?

-Jay2
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Jay, you should be able to change your username in your profile, I have it enabled. I will do it for you if you can't.

The other forum doesn't allow anything other than copy paste. If you can bb it then that may be easiest, I'm sorry, I had to copy paste every one of David's posts too. I would have transferred yours because they are so good but I didn't want my name to show up on them instead of yours. I'll go ahead and fix your name since it souinds like you have enough to do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: text prob   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Aria, Just click the the A button beside the close tags button, it changes the editor and will fix your text problem. Some people have had trouble with the passwords and some haven't, maybe it's because the forum sat idle for so long.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 am

My -post video button-is missing in action. searching
Disappeared yesterday...isn't back yet. ??

Heh, heh. I have a "JUSTIFY" button. Sweet. Wonder what that does?

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 am

what in the world?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 am

I wish I had more time Dovie, but I have to leave for work. The quick reply doesn't have a video button, but does your full editor?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 am

Oh and Justify, moves the text body around like similar to center.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am

You got it Delfi! I'm telling ya...I have no excuse! dur. I didn't realize this box was a
'quick response' box. Scary, isn't it? chuckle
I can still tie my shoes, though.... I think.....

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Thank God! I had no idea how to fix that... Yet. Wink don't scare me like that! : Shocked I love you heehee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problems signing on / question about text color   problems signing on / question about text color I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problems signing on / question about text color
Page 1 of 1