Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

problem with protect and serve? update May30

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

problem with protect and serve? update May30 Empty
PostSubject: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Rochester, NY Police officers Assault Disabled Man in Motorized Wheelchair

problem with protect and serve? update May30 Pf-button-both
At one point in the video an RPD officers grab Warr, lifting him off his wheelchair, and throwing him onto the sidewalk.

problem with protect and serve? update May30 Police_brutality01-Copy-300x168
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

by Davy V.
Cop Block
May 9, 2013

Just when I think the Rochester, NY Police department can’t sink any lower, they manage outdo themselves!

A video recently posted on YouTube shows a very disturbing incident.

Two Rochester, NY Police officers are seen assaulting Benny Warr, a
disabled man in a motorized wheelchair, who was waiting for the bus near
the intersection of Jefferson Ave. and Bartlett St. on Wednesday May
1st.

Although the video is shot in an upright position, limiting the shot
to 1/3, and is not the best quality, it’s clear that Warr did nothing to
warrant this use of force.

At one point in the video an RPD officers grab Warr, lifting him off his wheelchair, and throwing him onto the sidewalk.

The woman who recorded the video, Shakur Muhammed, can then be heard
saying “Stop, why is you kicking him?”, as a third Rochester Police
officer arrives on scene.

At another point in the video, an RPD officer is seen pushing Warr’s
wheelchair out of the way, and then placing his body weight on Warr’s
arms as he appears to be pushing down on the disabled man.

In another part of the video, Muhammed makes a comment that one of
the RPD officers assaulting the disabled man has been harassing
neighborhood residents and is mad because he was punched in the face
earlier.

Last edited by spring2 on Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:24 pm

We do not have the full story on this. Any time I see Farrakhan's name pop up on anything I'm immediately suspicious and his name does pop up in the captions. Also that nation of islam cry that pops up gives me reason to pause. Now as to the woman with the camera describing what she sees I have trouble with objectivity when every other word that comes out of her mouth is the f-bomb. Also we don't see or hear what preceded this man being arrested. We don't see if he had a weapon that caused the cops reaction.

We really don't know anything about this.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:36 am

The police aren't what they once were. They're no longer there "to protect and to serve" as they were when we were young. Even if that incident isn't what it appears to be, there are plenty that are like that. This commentary by Molotov Mitchell gives a good picture of "how the wheels of justice turn in Durham, North Carolina." He begins with a critique of the liberal position in the Trayvon Martin case, that we should always wait for police rather than do anything to protect ourselves, then transitions to a personal incident illustrating what happens when we rely on that idea. If you've never seen any of his commentaries (on a variety of subjects) you're missing something very good. cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:56 am

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x568091070/Dad-who-died-during-arrest-begged-for-his-life-cops-take-witness-video

Thursday, May 09 2013 07:07 PM

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized
BY LAURA LIERA AND JASON KOTOWSKI Californian staff writers lliera@bakersfield.com; jkotowski@bakersfield.com

Blood stains are still visible on the sidewalk at the corner of Flower Street and Palm Drive, where a Bakersfield man struggled with as many as nine officers and later died this week.

David Sal Silva, 33 and the father of four young children, died early Wednesday morning after deputies say he fought with them and CHP officers who'd responded to a report of a possibly intoxicated man outside Kern Medical Center.
Related Photos

By Henry A. Barrios / The Californian

Chris Silva speaks about his brother David Silva, 33, who died while being arrested by Kern County Sheriff's Deputies early Wednesday morning. The incident happened across from Kern Medical Center at the corner of Flower Street and Palm Drive. Family members are questioning how David Silva died.

Ruben Ceballos, 19, who lives a few houses from where David Silva and the KCSD had an encounter resulting in the death of Silva early Wednesday morning, said he was a witness to the incident.

Family members of David Silva speak to area residents at Flower Street and Palm Drive concerning an incident between Silva and the Kern County Sheriff's Department that ended early Wednesday morning with the death of Silva. A memorial of flowers and candles has been set up near where Silva died.

The Kern County Sheriff's Office says Silva resisted, a canine was deployed, more law enforcement arrived, batons were used and the man later had trouble breathing. He was taken to KMC, where he died. An autopsy was slated for Thursday, but no results have been released.

Some witnesses apparently took cellphone video of the incident but deputies moved quickly to seize the phones. The Sheriff's Office, after releasing a statement Wednesday and naming its officers Thursday, declined all further comment.

People who say they witnessed the incident as well as Silva's family members described a scene in which deputies essentially were beating a helpless man to death. They were indignant that cellphone video had been taken away by deputies.

"My brother spent the last eight minutes of his life pleading, begging for his life," said Christopher Silva, 31, brother of the dead man. He said he's talked to witnesses but did not see the incident himself.

At about midnight, Ruben Ceballos, 19,was awakened by screams and loud banging noises outside his home. He said he ran to the left side of his house to find out who was causing the ruckus.

"When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head," Ceballos said.

Silva was on the ground screaming for help, but officers continued to beat him, Ceballos said.

After several minutes, Ceballos said, Silva stopped screaming and was no longer responsive.

"His body was just lying on the street and before the ambulance arrived one of the officers performed CPR on him and another one used a flashlight on his eyes but I'm sure he was already dead," Ceballos said.

Other relatives demanded to know more.

David Silva's mother, Merri Silva, 54, said, "If I don't do anything about my son's death then it will just be pushed to the side and I don't want this to happen to another person."

Sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt said a KMC security officer called deputies at about 11:55 p.m. Tuesday to report that there was a man in the area who was possibly intoxicated. A deputy with a canine found Silva at the southeast corner of the intersection and contacted him. It was then that Silva resisted and fought the deputy while the deputy tried to take him into custody, Pruitt said. More deputies and two California High Patrol officers arrived to help, Pruitt said.

Asked to respond to the family and witness allegations, Pruitt said no one from the Sheriff's Office will comment or release information regarding the case until the investigation is over.

The office did identify the officers involved in the arrest as Sgt. Douglas Sword and deputies Ryan Greer, Tanner Miller, Jeffrey Kelly, Luis Almanza, Brian Brock and David Stephens.

The CHP hasn't released the names of its officers at the scene.

On Thursday afternoon, Christopher Silva said the family had not yet been able to see his brother's body, but had learned about different witnesses who had taken video footage of the incident.

"The true evidence is in those phones witnesses have that apparently the sheriff deputies already took," Silva said. "But I know the truth will come out and my brother's voice will be heard."

John Tello, a criminal law attorney, is representing two witnesses who took video footage and five other witnesses to the incident. He said his clients are still shaken by what they saw.

"When I arrived to the home of one of the witnesses that had video footage, she was with her family sitting down on the couch, surrounded by three deputies," Tello said.

Tello said the witness was not allowed to go anywhere with her phone and was being quarantined inside her home.

When Tello tried to talk to the witness in private and with the phone, one of the deputies stopped him and told him he couldn't take the phone anywhere because it was evidence to the investigation, the attorney said.

"This was not a crime scene where the evidence was going to be destroyed," Tello said. "These were concerned citizens who were basically doing a civic duty of preserving the evidence, not destroying it as they (sheriff deputies) tried to make it seem."

A search warrant wasn't presented to either of the witnesses until after Tello arrived, he said, adding that one phone was seized before the warrant was produced.

Tello said the phone of the first witness was taken after the deputies told him he was either going to give up the phone the easy way or the hard way.
MORE @ LINK
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Seems like we're already under martial law in some places. Spring, that's the worst example of police misconduct I've heard of yet. This one got my ire up, but yours, where they actually beat a man to death, is incredible. That should be front page news all across the country. I assume everyone's seen this incident with C.J. Grisham by now. It's happening everywhere, if even Texas isn't safe from power-mad "law-enforcement":

Back to top Go down
wakeupcall1111

wakeupcall1111

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:21 am

Internet Pilgrim, thanks for posting about CJ Grisham. That is truly unbelievable. Makes me sick to my stomach. I went to youtube and watched the Alex Jones program that he was on - what a story. Truly frightening.

We all know what is coming, after all - it is prophecied, but it just seems like it's coming on faster and stronger all of a sudden. I suspect we will see some major prophecy being fulfilled here VERY soon.
problem with protect and serve? update May30 4117895259

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: More on Bakersfield Beating..   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

911 Caller Says 8 Police Bludgeoned A Man To Death – One Eye Witness Arrested (VIDEO)
by Leslie Salzillo • May 12, 2013
Photo: Crime Scene - 'Sheriff Line Do Not Cross' (Youtube Screenshot)

Photo: Crime Scene – ‘Sheriff Line Do Not Cross’ (KBAK Youtube Screenshot)

“He asked for help. He was yelling for help. He was begging for help. No one came cause the people that were supposes to help him were the ones killing him.”

Photo: Christopher Silva (Victim's Brother)

Photo: Christopher Silva (Victim’s Brother)

Those were the words of Christopher Silva, the distraught brother of David Silva, a man who was beaten and bludgeoned to death by police officers in Bakersfield, California, Tuesday night. The victim, David Silva, was apparently intoxicated when he as apprehended by the police.

Several witnesses videotaped the death. One 911 caller said there were eight Kern Country police officers involved. She said she saw, and taped, everything, from the time sheriffs arrived, until the time Silva was left dead on the street.

The 911 call:

“You have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 sheriffs. The guy was laying on the floor and 8 sheriffs ran up and started beating him up with sticks. The man is dead right here right now. I got everything on video tape. This man was doing nothing. These cops had no reason to do this to this man.

A few hours after, the police went to witness’s homes to confiscate the videos. One witness, Melissa Quair, said:

“We told him we weren’t going to give ‘em our phone, and they told us that is was evidence, and pretty much my house was a crime scene because we had the evidence.” They eventually got a search warrant and confiscated the phone. She wants the phone and video back. Quair wants it to be available, and she told that to the officers.

(Screenshot: Melissa Quair - Eyewitness)

Screenshot: Melissa Quair – Eyewitness

Jason Land, was another person at the scene, and described what he saw:

“Animals. That’s what they portrayed to be to me, because that’s what they acted like. The just out reached for their…bats, poles, whatever you wanna to call it – beat that man ’til they killed him.

Screenshot: Jason Land

Screenshot: Jason Land

Land who called Eyewitness News KBAK, spoke up about what he saw, and was arrested, he thinks in retaliaton. Jason Land was on probation and says police responded to his eyewitness report by claiming he was high on PCP and arrested him without any proof.

Here is the KBAK news video:

Screenshot: David Silva

David Silva

David Silva is the father of four children ranging from ages two to ten. This story is all too familiar to another in which a Mexican immigrant was beaten to death by border patrol, a beating that lasted for 30 minutes while he screamed out for help. That crime was also videotaped by witnesses. Sometimes we complain about modern technology, yet it’s clear crimes like these would never be exposed without the use of cell phones and video cameras.

The author, Leslie Salzillo, is an activist, political commentator, diarist and visual artist. Salzillo often writes diaries in Daily Kos, and began contributing to AddictingInfo.org in March 2013.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:58 pm

911 call by witness who video taped death by beating with batons.

http://patdollard.com/2013/05/shock-witnesses-say-california-sheriffs-murder-man-detain-threaten-witnesses-steal-witnesses-video-cameras/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:02 pm

David Silva
Handcuffed and beaten to death

problem with protect and serve? update May30 David1-700x393
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Suspect In Police Custody Dies After Female Cop Hits Him With Baton 10 Times   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:22 pm

http://www.blacklistednews.com/VIDEO%3A_Suspect_In_Police_Custody_Dies_After_Female_Cop_Hits_Him_With_Baton_10_Times/26254/0/38/38/Y/M.html

VIDEO: Suspect In Police Custody Dies After Female Cop Hits Him With Baton 10 Times

May 26, 2013

VIDEO AT LINK

Source: CBS

A man taken into custody by the Sacramento Police Department has died, according to the police department.

Video obtained by CBS13 of the arrest on the 8300 block of Folsom
Boulevard shows a suspect being restrained by a male officer’s legs,
while a female officer strikes him 10 times with a baton.

According a statement from Sacramento Police Department,
a man in his early 40s entered the Metro PCS store and made
unintelligible statements to a female employee. She called 911 fearing
for her safety. The man left the store, but went back in when officers
arrived and attempted to barricade himself inside by trying to secure
the front door.

Read More...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:31 pm

http://www.blacklistedradio.com/?p=2217

To “Protect & Serve”; Assault rifles, grenade launchers, .50 caliber machine guns Blackhawk helicopters.
May 26, 2013 by admin

Among items transfered to local law enforcement agencies have been assault rifles and grenade launchers, even Blackhawk helicopters and .50 caliber machine guns ; In fiscal year 2011 alone, the Pentagon transferred almost $500 million worth of materials to domestic law enforcement — near double the previous year’s total.

@TheRealNews
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Police Shoot & Kill Grandfather While Responding To Burglary Call   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:43 pm

I do not search these stories out but rather come across them in looking at the news. It is very apparent that police have been trained to use the " I felt threatened or I feared for my life" in these incidences.

It is very sorrowful to see how often these events happen. Yes this man was armed but on own property and I am sure there should have been some sort of Q & A and the attitude or gestures could have been read and the death avoided! What a shame... and remember that even small town police have had some sort of online training per DHS. The system is broke and does not work in our best interest so be careful!!!!
As a gun owner these things disturb me and you should listen very carefully and comply right away or the consequences could be devestating to family.
I do also hold law enforcement responsible for knowing their laws for state and county, but do not expect them to respond responsibly!

And in this case do not go to neighbors home with a fire arm.
------------------

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/police-shoot-kill-grandfather-while-responding-to-burglary-call/

Police Shoot & Kill Grandfather While Responding To Burglary Call
May 28, 2013 4:59 PM
Driver’s license photo of Jerry Wayne Waller, who was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer on May 28, 2013.
(credit: Texas Department of Public Safety)

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A grandfather checking on his neighbor is shot and killed by Fort Worth police. The shots rang out early Tuesday morning near Woodhaven Country Club, in east Fort Worth.

Those close to the family say the victim lived nearby and heard his neighbor’s burglar alarm. Neighbor Jerry Wayne Waller then apparently went outside to see what was going on.

The 72-year-old man didn’t even make it to the house across the street before he was shot. He died on his own property.

The neighbors in the Woodhaven Country Club area and generally know each other pretty well. Becky Haskin, a former Fort Worth City Councilmember, lives in the area and said she believes Waller, “…was doing what neighbors do probably checking on the neighbor that the alarm went off.”

The elderly man, who was armed at the time, was shot and killed in his own driveway by police responding to a burglary call. “We heard five shots,” Haskin recalled. They were just rapid fire one after the other.”

Speaking on the incident Fort Worth police Cpl. Tracey Knight said, “Officers felt threatened by the man with the handgun and he was shot.”

After the shooting Haskin said, “The police officers were sobbing uncontrollably and very distraught.”

For the normally quiet and quant neighborhood, Waller’s death is devastating. Neighbors say he and his family have always been very involved in the community. “They are just a nice retired couple, that loved working in their yard, having family over, and grandkids,” Haskin said.

CBS 11 News has been trying to get more answers from Fort Worth police. The official response has primarily been that the shooting is “an ongoing investigation.”

CBS 11 has learned that the two officers involved were not hurt and have been placed on administrative leave.

Fort Worth Police Chief Jeff Halstead released the following statement regarding the shooting:

“The events that took place the early morning hours on May 28th will require a significant amount of investigative effort; however, we remain committed to working with our residents and making this process efficient and transparent.

I ask for your patience, your understanding, and most importantly, your prayers for all involved.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Costco Pizza Sampler Shot to Death by Police   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Costco Pizza Sampler Shot to Death by Police After Taser ‘did not work’

http://www.prisonplanet.com/costco-pizza-sampler-shot-to-death-after-taser-did-not-work.html

Worker was upset because she was handing out samples of a product the store didn’t have in stock

Adan Salazar
Prison Planet.com
May 30, 2013

A woman handing out samples of pizza at a Costco Wholesale store in Virginia was first Tasered then shot to death by police after she allegedly rushed officers wielding a knife and scissors.

Store employees said 38-year-old Mhai Scott, a worker for Costco contractor Club Demonstration Services, was “acting oddly” and “started saying crazy things,” frightening her boss and co-workers.

“Witnesses said she seemed upset about the pizza she was handing out and was waving a knife and scissors, threatening employees,” reported NBC Washington. “Deputies were called to the store to handle the disturbance.”

When police arrived around 3 p.m., Scott ran at them carrying a knife and scissors, to which they responded by shocking her with a Taser, but that apparently “did not work.”

“One officer tried to use a stun gun on Scott, but [Loudoun County Sheriff Mike] Chapman said the stun gun ‘did not work’ and one of the deputies fatally shot her,” reports NBC.

After hearing five shots from the food court, store employee Nora Lateef said she heard police saying, “everybody out of the store! Out of the store!”

A sheriff’s deputy was also wounded in the leg during the one-sided altercation, but police are refusing to say exactly how that happened. The deceased attacker reportedly did not have a gun, leading to speculation that his injury was the result of a bullet ricochet.

One of the store’s manager says Scott was reportedly, “making strange comments about the pizza she was serving,” but Lateef says Scott was upset because she was handing out samples of a product the store didn’t have in stock.

NBC reporter Shomari Stone correctly summarized two questions needing to be asked at this point: Why didn’t the Taser “work”? And, most importantly, why were the officers firing guns in a crowded store?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Family Calls 911 for Help for His Depression Killing not a cure for depression   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:06 am

http://www.alternet.org/cops-taser-then-shoot-man-death-after-family-calls-911-help-his-depression

Cops Taser Then Shoot Man to Death After Family Calls 911 for Help for His Depression
Killing not a cure for depression, family says.

Photo Credit: mikeledray/Shutterstock.com
May 29, 2013 |

A California sheriff's deputy needlessly Tasered and then shot a man to death after his father called 911 seeking help for his son's depression, the family claims in court.
Parents and two brothers of the late George I. Ramirez sued Stanislaus County, its sheriff's department, Sheriff Adam Christianson, and Deputy Art Parra Jr. in Federal Court.
George Ramirez, the father, says he called 911 on April 16, 2012, seeking help for his son. Ramirez says in the complaint that he told the 911 operator that his son was depressed, but never said that the family was in danger or that a crime was in progress.
Deputy Parra responded, finding the father changing a headlight and the mother indoors doing housework. The family says Parra asked about the son's whereabouts, but did not ask for details regarding his condition or why the family called 911.
Parra found Ramirez on the couch watching television, unaware that his family had called 911. Parra confirmed his identity and placed him under arrest by ordering him to stand up and turn around, according to the complaint.
"In the process of standing up and complying with orders, Ramirez asked Parra why he was under arrest and if he could see his credentials," the complaint states.
"Parra refused to respond and again ordered Ramirez to turn around, demanding Ramirez put his hands behind his back.
"Ramirez complied with the orders of Parra.
"Parra then demanded Ramirez to put his hands closer together behind his back.
"Ramirez turned around and asked Parra in a calm, non-threatening manner to identify himself.
"At this time, and without providing any warning, Parra withdrew his Taser gun from his holster and deployed two darts into Ramirez's chest and activated the Taser. Ramirez fell to the floor.
"Ramirez fell to the floor."
Ramirez stood up after being Tasered, dazed and confused, but still non-violent, the family says in the complaint. Parra warned Ramirez that he could shoot him, the complaint states.
"Ramirez raised his arms and said 'Shoot me.'
"At this time, Parra withdrew his firearm from his holster and shot four bullets at Ramirez.
"Parra was approximately eight feet away at the time he fired four shots at Ramirez, and three bullets struck Ramirez.
"Ramirez was approximately 5' 11" but weighed only about 120 pounds.
"Plaintiffs believe that Parra was physically much stronger than Ramirez.
"At no time was Ramirez armed or in the vicinity of a weapon. Ramirez did not threaten Parra's safety or engage in any conduct that would cause a reasonable person to believe that Ramirez intended to threaten or harm Parra or anyone else, or to flee or otherwise attempt to avoid Parra. Ramirez did not commit any crime in Parra's presence."
While Ramirez lay bleeding out on the living room floor, Parra did nothing to help him, the family says. In fact, he prevented the family from going to him.
"Approximately five minutes after the shooting, George and Mercedes Ramirez were held at gunpoint in the living room by an unknown deputy sheriff who arrived on scene. They had not threatened anyone, and there was no basis whatsoever to point a loaded weapon at them or to prevent them from helping their son.
"Other sheriff's deputies arrived on scene, none of whom rendered any first aid to Ramirez. Plaintiffs are informed and believe that Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department has a policy to not render aid if it appears that an individual, shot by a member of its department, will likely die without aid," the complaint states.
An ambulance arrived nearly 40 minutes later and took Ramirez to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Meanwhile, deputies had arrested the rest of the family and interrogated them at department headquarters while officers ransacked the home, according to the complaint.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department told the Modesto Bee that Parra went to the Ramirez home after a report of a family fight, but has declined further comment on the shooting. The family filed a $61 million claim against the county in October 2012, which officials rejected.
"Anything that results in death or bodily harm is a tragic event," Stanislaus County Counsel John Doering told the Bee. "We are investigating to make sure the county did everything it could to make sure the safety of the public was addressed."
Doering told the Bee the $61 million claim - $15 million for damages and $10 million to $12 million for four surviving family members - was excessive.
"When you are talking about a $15 million claim, it's hard to imagine there is any reality in that number," Doering said.
The Ramirez family calls Parra's actions, and the lack of action from other Stanislaus County deputies, "completely uncalled for and an abuse of power."
"We called law enforcement to see if we could get help for him and we didn't get it," Ramirez's father told the Turlock Journal. "Instead, he shot him."
The family is represented by Michael S. Warda of Turlock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawsuit: SWAT Officers, Pittsburg   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 pm

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Lawsuit%3A_SWAT_Officers_Dragged_10-Year-Old_from_Bathtub%2C_Made_Him_Stand_Naked_Next_to_4-Year-Old_Sister%2C_Terrorized_Family/27659/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Lawsuit: SWAT Officers Dragged 10-Year-Old from Bathtub, Made Him Stand Naked Next to 4-Year-Old Sister, Terrorized Family
July 26, 2013
Print Version

Source: AlterNet

14 police officers with helmets and facemasks and assault rifles stormed in, family says.

Pittsburgh SWAT officers must face claims that they raided a family's home, violently dragged a child from the bathtub, and "terrorized" them at gunpoint, a federal judge ruled.

Georgeia Moreno and her family sued Pittsburgh, its police chief and 14 police officers in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.

The events unfolded as Georgeia, her husband, William; and her stepfather, Mark Staymates were watching television in their living room as Georgia's sick mother, Darlene, slept upstairs at 7 p.m. on Dec. 7, 2010. They suddenly heard a loud explosion and saw bright lights, "as if grenades were going off," the complaint states.

Pittsburgh Police SWAT officers wearing helmets and facemasks then broke and "stormed through" the front and back doors of the home, according to the complaint.

Those officers allegedly never identified themselves, pointed assault rifles at the family, shouted obscenities and destroyed their property.

Although the team purportedly sought to arrest William for quarreling with a drunk, off-duty police officer at a local veterans club early that morning, the family says that their "terrorization" continued for another 45 minutes after William was apprehended.

The officers threw to the floor, kicked and handcuffed Georgeia, her stepfather and her adult son Billy. They also injured Mark's shoulder and forced Billy to lie face down in broken glass, according to the complaint.

When Georgeia pleaded repeatedly that she had young children in the house, at least one officer allegedly stated, "You think you can get one of ours, and we won't get one of yours?"

The family says the police proceeded to drag Georgeia's 10-year-old son Trentino violently from the bathtub, injuring his ankles. They allegedly then made the boy stand naked at gunpoint next to his 4-year-old sister Briseis.

Officers have continued to harass and threaten the family since the raid, telling them "that's how we do things here" and that they should move out of Pittsburgh, the complaint states.

The family asserts claims for violations of their Fourth and 14th amendment rights and seeks $50,000 in damages.

U.S. District Judge Nora Barry Fischer refused to dismiss the case Monday, holding that the plaintiffs' claims are not time-barred, and the officers knew or should have known that the action would be brought against them.

She noted discrepancies with claims from the SWAT defendants that they were not notified of the action within 120 days, i.e. by Sept. 9, 2012.

This claims is belied by Officer Michael Reddy's answer, which was filed on July 11, 2012, and "contained specific facts about the Dec. 7, 2010, raid of which defendant Reddy later testified he had no personal knowledge," Fischer wrote (emphasis in original).

"Reddy's answer contains other statements regarding facts that would have been only known to the SWAT team members involved in the initial raid," the judge added. "Yet, his answer also avers that in response to certain SWAT team allegations, 'after reasonable investigation,' he was without sufficient knowledge to answer. Given these details, it appears that defense counsel may have secured information from other sources, likely the SWAT officers involved in the raid, to craft defendant Reddy's answer."

Fischer also tossed aside Officer Carl Morosetti's claim that he solely arrested William and did not participate in the actual raid.

Read More...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Owner’s Surveillance Cameras Seem to Catch Undercover Police Agent Planting the Crack   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 pm

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=283281

Shock Video: Business Owner’s Surveillance Cameras Seem to Catch Undercover Police Agent Planting the Crack That Landed Him in Jail

Unbelievable video captured by a New York business owner’s surveillance cameras appear to show an undercover police informant (not a police officer) planting and photographing crack cocaine, which ultimately led to the man’s
arrest.

Scotia and Schenectady County Police reportedly became suspicious of Donald Andrews, Jr., who owns a smoke shop on Mohawk Avenue in Scotia, N.Y., and decided to send the undercover informant to gather some information. He was sent to Andrews’ place of business twice, according to WNYT-TV.

It was during the informant’s second trip to the smoke shop that he was caught on camera planting and photographing what appears to be cocaine.

More here: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/25/shock-undercover-police-agent-caught-on-tape-seemingly-planting-drugs-on-ny-business-owner/

https://youtu.be/hMA1Otuat2U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem with protect and serve? update May30   problem with protect and serve? update May30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem with protect and serve? update May30
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: