Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down Empty
PostSubject: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 8:46 am

More Undoing '0' ... maybe!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-26/chaos-still-reigns-senate-gop-health-care-plan-rejected
Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down

Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down Picture-5
by Tyler Durden
Jul 26, 2017 7:57 AM

If this is what passes for a legislative victory in the Trump administration, the president may be in trouble.
Less than a day after the Senate GOP leadership mustered the minimum number of Republican votes necessary to begin debate on a bill to repeal Obamacare (and even then thanks only to a tiebreaking vote by Vice President Mike Pence), the Republican campaign to kill the legislation remains in chaos.
Just six hours after the successful vote to proceed, the Senate overwhelmingly rejected a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, voting 43-57 against with 9 Republicans joining Democrats in the process. That plan requires 60 votes to pass because of its impact on the budget deficit, and without support from Democrats, that bill has a 0% chance of survival. The failed vote has dashed Republican hopes of replacing Obamacare with another plan.
Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down 2017.07.26mcconnell_0
Although Trump celebrated the motion to proceed at a rally in Youngstown, where he proclaimed that the US is now "one step closer to liberating our citizens from this Obamacare nightmare", the president’s hopeful remarks ignore that Senate Republicans are still in chaos, especially after John McCain's fiesty speech in the Senate on Tuesday. As Reuters and a handful of other media outlets have reported, despite the success of the vote, the Senate GOP doesn't have enough support to pass any of its plans to repeal, or repeal and replace, Obamacare, as many moderates remain wary of cuts to Medicaid in the GOP plan that could curtail coverage for millions of poor Americans, as Reuters explains.
Quote :
“The outcome was a huge relief for President Donald Trump, who had pushed his fellow Republicans hard in recent days to live up to the party's campaign promises to repeal the 2010 Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare. Minutes after the vote, Trump called it "a big step."

But the narrow victory on a simple procedural matter raised questions about whether Republicans can muster the votes necessary to pass any of the various approaches to repeal.

Moderates are worried repeal will cost millions of low-income Americans their insurance and conservatives are angry the proposed bills do not go far enough to gut Obamacare, which they consider government overreach.”
Conservatives continue to oppose the GOP Obamacare alternative, despite the leadership’s attempt to woo them by adding an amendment that would allow insurers to offer lower-cost plans.
Quote :
“Nine Republicans, ranging from moderates such as Susan Collins of Maine to conservatives such as Rand Paul of Kentucky, voted against the bill, which would have made deep cuts to Medicaid, the health insurance program for the poor, and reduced Obamacare subsidies to lower-income people to help them defray the cost of health insurance."
Regardless of which Republican plan makes it out of the Senate - and it's likely none of them will, at least not any time soon - the Senate and House would then need to draft a compromise bill, which would require another round of votes in each chamber. As we explained yesterday, the only Republican option that has some hope of passing is the leadership’s “skinny” repeal plan, which hasn’t been brought to vote yet.
If passed, the bill would eliminate only the most controversial elements of Obamacare: the individual and employer mandates, and the medical device tax. We’ll likely know more about the skinny budget soon, as Republicans are expected to hold many more votes in the coming days.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 1:28 pm

They "no votes" keep claiming they won't vote to repeal Obamacare because the "can't vote to cut Medicaid." This is one of the things I find so disgusting about politics, because they are making claims that they know aren't true. This, in turn, scares much of the populace, and gets them angry when people vote for it. The bill doesn't cut Medicaid, it cut's how quickly Medicaid will grow. We can't afford rapid expansion of Medicaid, as it is barley staying afloat as is, and our budget and deficit are already blown.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 4:51 pm

From Article wrote:
Republican hopes of replacing Obamacare with another plan.

And there lies the problem! Nobody wanted Clinton care in the 1990's and nobody wanted Obama care in the 2000's! That's a fact, Jack! It was forced on us anyway, damn what we wanted, America just bent over and took it in the backside because we were forced too.

BOHICA! (Bend over here it comes again)

Republican hopes of replacing Obamacare with another plan . . . NO . . . let me fix this for them:

Completely repeal it, gut it, de-fund it, get rid of it altogether. Let the free market work. There, fixed it!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 am

researcher wrote:
From Article wrote:
Republican hopes of replacing Obamacare with another plan.

And there lies the problem! Nobody wanted Clinton care in the 1990's and nobody wanted Obama care in the 2000's! That's a fact, Jack! It was forced on us anyway, damn what we wanted, America just bent over and took it in the backside because we were forced too.

BOHICA! (Bend over here it comes again)

Republican hopes of replacing Obamacare with another plan . . . NO . . . let me fix this for them:

Completely repeal it, gut it, de-fund it, get rid of it altogether. Let the free market work. There, fixed it!
Annnnnnnnd the repeal failed....go figure!

Now the "skinny repeal" (which would basically just get rid of the mandates) is up next. I guess we'll see if they will at least put an end to these laws, and allow people to stop having to pay for insurance they don't want or need, or being taxed for not buying the insurance. I don't have much hope that this will pass either :/
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:12 pm

my wife has the best solution for washington....today,at approximately 11 am, she was watching the proceedings and her assessment was that the best way to fix things in this country was to take every damned one of those**************s and line them up and shoot them.....gestapo style solution....she is more animated and less forgiving than me, but i think her idea would work....think about it, we are nothing more than affluent serfs in a modern ,middle ages-like style setting.....orwells 1984 is playing out in front of us...our lives are dictated by bullshit faceypalm
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 am

Mike, something needs to be done! We are very close to the point of being straight up ruled instead of governed.  Perfect example is John McCain, who worked last night to block the repeal of the mandates in Obamacare. There are many like him in our national politics that think they are just so much smarter than we are, and that they know what we should want and what is better for us, better than we do. And I doubt many of them even remember how to tie their shoes.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

McCain for the win!!!! for Democrats and Obamacare, that is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down   Senate Chaos Returns: Six Hours After Major GOP Victory, "Repeal And Replace" Is Voted Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1