Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The elusive picture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

The elusive picture Empty
PostSubject: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 3:50 am

Seems like when someone wants it they can't ever find it. 
You'd think the head would fall forward.   Real or hoax?  The picture's been
around for a long time-probably b4 hoaxes were very sophisticated.

The elusive picture 601b81551b

The elusive picture 601b81551b

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Last edited by Dove on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 8:21 am

??????

What picture? Nothing there & no link to it either.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:28 am

I told you, you can't find it.    LOL.

Just kidding... I can see it in the post tho, so  I'll try to figure out how you can see it too.
I'll send U the link I have and maybe you can make it post.

First I'll try 'insert image'.  And I'll pm source to you.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:55 am

OK, I can see it now. I also went to the source page you PM'ed to me. Source photo linked below in case the dang thing disappears again.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/601b81551b.jpg

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 am

I just get a  "forbidden" notice even with the link.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 am

OK, lets settle this thing once and for all. I saved it, renamed it, and posted it below from my own computer. Lets' see THAT ONE not show up.

The elusive picture Thunde10

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 11:04 am

That is very interesting Dove! Where did you run across that?
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Wow...I echo Josephus ! Thank you Dove and Researcher .
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Just looks like two dogs and a big ugly bird to me.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 2:48 pm

rawblues wrote:
Just looks like two dogs and a big ugly bird to me.

A big ugly FAKE bird (bat) if you asked me. And guns . . . look at all the guns. Photo obviously taken before guns became associated with the right wing conspiracy theory Bible thumping 2nd amendment gun-toting rights whack-o's.

< sarcasm off >

Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Yeah, something sorta smells here IMO.....

The elusive picture 200

Before those cowboys shot that big ole bat with those pea shooters, I bet they had  been out earlier that day hunting Jackalopes.

The elusive picture Serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Well, I do have an old, really old  b&w picture  showing a grasshopper holding up the front of a locomotive.I need to find that  and learn how to post it from my computer file.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 am

Believe it~or not.  Heheheh.  Ya'll are funny!

I first saw it here on forum probably nine or so years ago.  Then it came up again, but the picture was impossible to find, so I grabbed it when I saw it yesterday.

And here is the only backstory I've ever seen about it:
http://www.prairieghosts.com/tbirdaz.html

Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for bringing it back Dove.  It IS a good picture.  I like stuff like that.  But after further analysis, I believe the black dog on the right is fake too!  The cowboys forgot to turn him around to face the camera. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 10:30 am

rawblues wrote:
Rawblues said, Thanks for bringing it back Dove.  It IS a good picture.  I like stuff like that.  But after further analysis, I believe the black dog on the right is fake too!  The cowboys forgot to turn him around to face the camera. Smile
    chuckle    Oh yeah!  You're a keeper sweetheart!      thanks

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 11:50 am

The article I will post below is written by a cryptozoologist. He tracked down the picture, and the man that created it.

http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2015/11/shooting-down-pterodactylian.html

There is even a link, within the contained article, to the creator's Flickr page where the picture can be seen among some of the creator's other works.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks Josephus. Mystery solved.

The elusive picture Firstprize

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 12:58 pm

The elusive picture Pteradactyl3_1_-543x369
 And on the Arizona picture:
"One of the great mysteries of modern times has its roots in Arizona. This mystery involves a photograph of a
mysterious creature that was said to have been captured near the town of Tombstone.

September 1963 issue of Fate magazine, a writer named H.M Cranmer would state that not only was the story
true, but the photo was published and had appeared in newspapers all over America.

Eminent Fortean researcher Ivan T. Sanderson also remembered seeing the photo and in fact, even claimed
to have once had a photocopy of it that he loaned to two associates, who lost it.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:07 pm

The 2nd picture (civil war) came from http://www.burlingtonnews.net/thunderbird.html
a link that is 10 times scarier than any creature, so be forewarned.
I couldn't post anymore above once I cc'd from her site.

From Josephus' link  "It turns out that the photo is not a hoax but rather an affectionate homage in pastiche form to the original missing thunderbird photograph, and once you know where to look online it is openly identified as having been created by highly-acclaimed digital illustration artist Chris Smith from Croydon in London, England,

Pastiche form:
Unlike parody, pastiche celebrates, rather than mocks, the work it imitates. ...

sooo...are you sure it's been explained???  bwaaa-haa-haaa.
~~~~~~~\
And one more from the comments section:
"Count me in as one who has, in days past, believed to have seen the photo. Always saw it with a giant, black bird, nailed to the side of barn, outstretched, with the cowboys (handle bar mustaches and all) in front. Then I would catch myself and realize that no, I have never seen such a photo. What a phenomenon."

Now, do you think you saw a pic with it ON the barn too?  I feel like I remember seeing that!

Last edited by Dove on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Just one more...for Bordercollie

The elusive picture Giant%2Bgrasshopper%2Bof%2BWisconsin%2Bwith%2BAL%2BButts%252C%2Bhoax

http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2017/02/the-giant-grasshopper-of-wisconsin.html

Okay, I'll stop now. Laughing

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Dove . . . did you miss this one? This one is for bordercollie.  lol!

The elusive picture Giant_10

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 2:27 pm

That's why you get paid the big bucks, Researcher! 

The elusive picture Big-buck-pictures-of-the-day

chuckle

Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Ha ! THANK YOU  Researcher!!! That's it !  An old postcard I believe ?    bordercollie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The elusive picture   The elusive picture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The elusive picture
Page 1 of 1