Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas Empty
PostSubject: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 8:10 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 am

Looks fishy.. outside explosion? No roof damage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4838840/Texas-chemical-plant-poised-explode-amid-Harvey-flood.html
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 am

spring2 wrote:
Looks fishy.. outside explosion? No roof damage.

Remember the media is going to hype their stories and use hyperbole to draw more readers. They use the word "explosion" but the people that work with the stuff said they "pop," which sounds more like a pressure release valve. Which goes along with what they talked about later in the article. We also don't know the size of the containers, but if they aren't very big and they have already released most of their pressure then it would make sense that their could be little to no roof damage. There was also nothing, that I saw saying anything about where these tanks were kept, but for cooling purposes I assume they were inside and not outside.

The fire damage also appears to be from the inside when I look at the marks left from the flames....the way the flames seemed to have reached out from under the doors and over the top of the roof. There may be something I am missing, but I don't see anything fishy about this one. Just my .02 worth.
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:26 am

A person we know of lives 2 miles from there and he said that the  chemical's cooling lines were compromised from the water  .   http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-30/arkema-ceo-no-way-prevent-imminent-explosion-flooded-texas-chemical-plant
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Will add this quote from him  known as (Double B) on a garden forum :

The first small explosion has happened at the plant down the road. One of my neighbors took pictures from his house and is being interviewed by phone form a local news station. He describes it as popping sounds and seeing flames above the tree line. Officials with the chemical company have expected this and we are all hoping the water will go down so they can contain what's left of it.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:35 am

I hope your friend is safe Judy! And hope they have no problems from the fumes!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Arkema Plant Hit by Multiple Blasts   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 am

Arkema Plant Hit by Multiple Blasts

We have word this morning that 21 people are being treated after multiple blasts hit the Arkema Plant in Texas.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Two explosions at flooded Texas chemical plant:   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 11:19 am

Two explosions at flooded Texas chemical plant: Fifteen police officers hospitalized after blast at facility that will get MORE dangerous as the water rises.SQ:ONCE AGAIN BETTER COVERAGE AND PHOTOS WITH MORE INFO THAN IN THE U.S. PRESS DAILY MAIL NO ISSUE
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 11:30 am

No toxins? Even house and regular plant fires have toxins...much less a chemical plant fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Raging fire breaks out at Texas chemical plant after Houston-area location had two explosions following Harvey power outages   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 am

Raging fire breaks out at Texas chemical plant after Houston-area location had two explosions following Harvey power outages

• Another fire has broken out at a Houston-area chemical plant on Friday evening
  • Flames and smoke could be seen coming from the Arkema plant in Crosby, Texas
  • One trailer believed to be on fire is filled with organic peroxides
  • The plant saw two explosions previously on Thursday that resulted in a fire
  • A spokeswoman for the chemical plant had said up to eight more containers could burn and explode

By Cheyenne Roundtree For Dailymail.com
Published: 18:49 EDT, 1 September 2017 | Updated: 01:50 EDT, 2 September 2017

A raging fire has broken out at a Texas chemical plant after the Houston-area location had two explosions on Thursday due to Harvey power outages.

Flames and dark plumes of smoke could be seen coming from the Arkema plant in Crosby, Texas, on Friday evening. 

Officials acknowledged that one trailer is filled with organic peroxides and possibly a second is on fire, as an executive had said up to eight more containers could burn.
The recent blaze comes after another container of organic peroxides exploded and caught fire early on Thursday, sending acrid smoke into the air.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845672/Raging-fire-Texas-chemical-plant-after.html#ixzz4rWQyqTl0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas   Breaking chemical plant explodes in Houston Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1