Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wil

wil

Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease” Empty
PostSubject: Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease”   Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease” I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:14 pm

by Moritz Nestor

Fortunately, the Swiss National Advisory Commission on Biomedical Ethics (NEK, President: Otfried Höffe) critically commented on the use of the ADHD drug Ritalin in its opinion of 22 November 2011 titled Human enhancement by means of pharmacological agents1: The consumption of pharmacological agents altered the child’s behavior without any contribution on his or her part.

That amounted to interference in the child’s freedom and personal rights, because pharmacological agents induced behavioral changes but failed to educate the child on how to achieve these behavioral changes independently. The child was thus deprived of an essential learning experience to act autonomously and emphatically which “considerably curtails children’s freedom and impairs their personality development”, the NEK criticized.

The alarmed critics of the Ritalin disaster are now getting support from an entirely different side. The German weekly Der Spiegel quoted in its cover story on 2 February 2012 the US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg, born in 1922 as the son of Russian Jewish immigrants, who was the “scientific father of ADHD” and who said at the age of 87, seven months before his death in his last interview:

“ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease”2

Cont'd in this link...

ADHD is a fictitious disease
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease” Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease”   Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease” I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

I'm an aspie (a person born with Asperger Syndrome), and personally, I was able to cope up and learn because I did not go through "drugs", "therapy", and what have them. It was a blessing in disguise that our country was not that updated yet about autism and asperger during my school days. Because of the lack of it (and the many problems our country faced during the 80s and 90s), clinical psychological analysis is out of the window. If I went through what other aspies went through, I'd probably not learn to face it myself and find ways to cope up with it. I would probably be reliant on drugs, therapies, and whatever else they have thought of. I am not saying those other ways are bad, but aspies are functioning autistics. We just need to learn. We just need to cope up. That's what differentiates asperger from the "traditional" autism (as they call it today). For us aspies we do not understand the concept of "wrong". You know what I did? I made the Word of God my moral compass. That's how I know what "wrong" is. We lack empathy, yes. What did I do? I read and watched real-life stories and documentaries so I will have an idea what other people are feeling.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down

Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease”
Page 1 of 1