Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic self defense

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm

I have two lots next to each other.
My homes lot alone by itself is 100' x 200'

Basic law says I may be anywhere on my property with a loaded fire arm.
I always carry a medium pocket knife.

Today while playing with a soccer ball with Jack my youngest grandson, a dog entered my property and charged us. Jack got behind me and screamed  while I was pulling the knife out for protection.
Dog got closer than 20 feet, I was prepared!

As I yell at it while Jack is still screaming dog turns away.

Owner appears few seconds later, and I yell across one lot to him to call the dog and take iinside
(we have leash law here)

I GET LIP! Ok, want me to call Animal Control? Blah Blah... can't hear him but it is LIP!
OK come on Jack.
Called Animal Control Demanding some one be sent out TODAY! 

A little history:
I have been bitten by a dog in my right hand before, hand gets severe infection, yes red in vein above elbow, get ani-biotics.. loose use of hand for 3 months due to swelling and have to get appointment with surgeon to look at later to make sure they don't have to do some surgery below the sheeth layer.

Smoke my best friend, bitten twice by the same loose dog in the neighborhood while on his leash, I was unable to protect him.
Smokey got a bad infection in his thigh from 4 puncture wounds and layed on his bed for 3 days without eating!
I took those people to court for the cost of the antibiotics and this Event Ruined Smokey! Never friendly to large dogs again.
After the second attack on him with me, I called Animal Control again and just after calling completed ANOTHER dog in my yard!!, called back too soon for them and they hung up!
THEY GOT THE BIGGEST PHONE WHIPPING!!!
Later I believe my phone conversations may have been used in a Grand Jury investigation by the District Attorny because of other complaints.

I run into dogs a lot, I give them the benefit of doubt that they will do anything ... and yell to go home, usually they do.
I do advise anyone meeting TWO to be very careful as they tend to go into a pack mentality!

This OWNER?
He is not going to get off easy with me!
He will be lucky to get just a warning from Animal Control!
One more time... he'll be be talking to the District Attorny! That is if the Dog stays far enough away!

You and I have the right to self protection!
I have a choice of what I will do, I will not be bit again, and Jack will not be bitten either!
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 pm

I used to go for early morning walks....a friendly lab used to come with me....(I love labs, had 2 myself) then one morning a german shepherd appeared out of no where....dad always had a germen shepherd, I "know" them too....I was still ok...till one morning the shepherd appeared with 4 other dogs.....that was the end of my morning walk..same reason you said spring2...they catch on to the "pack" mentality real quick....
Back to top Go down

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Yup.
My wife who does not like guns has bought herself a taser like a cattle prod.. long! 
She went to a party with some friends and she ordered it.. seems she had a problem with a dog while pushing 3 wheel buggy with the grandson in it. I have no problem with it!!! I've been circled by two full grown Mastiffs while walking Smokey, hand on knife, we made it out of that while Smokey 1/10 their size had his biggest bellaring bark on.. pretty intense.
Back to top Go down

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Like old Jeeper's I have plenty of those and dog stories!
Back to top Go down

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Another Black Check Mark for Animal Control

|x|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basic self defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic self defense   Basic self defense I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic self defense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: