Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michael371
Super Elite

enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? Empty
PostSubject: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pm

I just finished reading something that made my years stick up and it was concerning the the debate about the book of Enoch and its validity vs.  The genesis account in chapter six, with the focus being on which came first.  The author made a case that I would consider to be irrefutable.  By and large, the early church fathers considered Enoch to be authentic and that the genesis six account did, in fact, describe the events that transpired between the" sons of God"  and the daughters of men and the product of that copulation that but and produced the nephillim.  It wasn't until almost two centuries afterwards that the later church fathers decided that it was heresy to even consider the possibility of sexual encounters between angels and humans, and with that they'd disavowed any credibility that the book of Enoch had acquired.
The book of Enoch was all but forgotten except for being stored away in the Ethiopian canon, and was not rediscovered until the late 1700s.  But obviously the ancient Hebrews considered the book of Enoch to be authentic, considering that there was fragments from six different copies found in the dead sea scrolls.  I consider Enoch to be authentic and have yet to see any conflict with the canonized scriptures.  According to this author of the piece that I just read, she thinks the genesis six version is a summary of the account in Enoch and the book  of Enoch is much, much older than the book of genesis.  The very fact that Yeshua/Jesus quoted from Enoch and the book of Jude took a direct quote out of it, should be enough to at least consider that it is the real deal, even for the most hardcore purist of the K JV.
I found this line of thought really interesting when you factor in the sumerian clay tablets, essentially telling the same story.  Or was it telling the same story?
 still can not get past the genesis account that, seemingly, gives given room for two different creation events.  You cannot ignore the differences in the two.  I don't buy the summary account of the second story.  What I don't understand is why most of Christiandom is not interested in the antediluvian period like I am.  It is my guess that they don't know because it would upset the nursery rhyme than fairy tales that they have injected into the scriptural explanation of events.  Sunrise services, Easter egg hunts, pony rides an weenie roasts, it doesn't matter how, just get em'in and sign em'up!  About all modern churches want you to toe the line and believe what they tell you to believe so that there won't be any sweaty moments.  It is really sad.LOL, I want the truth because I can handle the truth, most folks can't.
As you can see, I am using the voice reprobation program again and it appears to be learning ever so slowly.  It really is getting better but when I began using this program, it almost drove me crazy and I mean insane.
OK, boys and girls, I will be here all day tomorrow and Wednesday due to the extreme cold weather headed our way, so y'all need to just come on out and play with   me and have some fun. Humph!!  I bragged on this damn program and since then it has been nothing but a cluster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I looked at this long time ago too and reached the same conclusion that you have after looking over the Sumarian tablets and Babylonian.
Some of what didn't fit is the Egyptian but just a while back it was slid on the time line I believe 200yrs and then things fit fine!
I'm with you!

time is up

500 yrs life span (x) and 70 generations (x) @ 70-80yrs is a generation = @70=2450000 or @80=2800000
war in the heavens?
We were put here for safety
1 planet destroyed 
Moon does not belong
Ceres, does it belong to destroyed planet? or?
Back to top Go down
Sansanoy

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:09 am

I know what you mean. I try to tell people wherever I can but they won't listen, even more it's like they can't listen. Like there is a wall blocking it from reaching them. They will enter a forum so confidant in the sethite theory which quickly collapses to such utter refusal that they will deface the Bible to hold it back. Others just flee immediately when the Sethite theory begins to fall as if their salvation depended on the theory.

Recently someone asked if the "Assyrian" was satan, and I went through history pinning it on Etana or Enmerkar and it just killed the thread right there. Too many weird words and they fled. It is mind boggling how Christians have become so hardheaded and fearful. It's depressing to learn so much about this stuff and find no one is willing, or really capable of hearing you. Thank God for places like this and the people who do it everyday like Quayle and L.A.
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 am

Yes, It's like you threw cold water on them whenever anything out of their comfort zone is mentioned.Then comes the eye rolling, the "uncomfortable" bristling of posture and they either leave or change the subject. 
I'm glad to be here too. Thank you everyone  for the great discussions and sharing the light.  judy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Yup, my wife goes catatonic literally, no conversation ever.... wonder if I am with an enemy.
Sometimes misses a lot in a normal conversation.. 

I've already prepared, so now I'm just doing some hobby stuff and repairing my older truck.. which is just about done, but is usable now.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 6:01 pm

another example of the average persons "ignorassery" is when you show them a flat map of the world and ask them what do they see about the coastlines.....every one that i asked had no clue what i was asking them.....then i show them how the coast lines fit like pieces of a puzzle, and how the land mass was all in one piece at one time....then explain the theory of continental drift and then they tell you that land can't move like that....i then tell them that the bible says it did....they have no clue....i don't know if the nations were divided by drift or not, or how they were other than God divided them in the time of peleg....just moe things that folks never consider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?   enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

enoch vs. genesis 6....which came first?
Page 1 of 1