Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

spring's status

Go down 
AuthorMessage

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 pm

No news today, finally finished a new system since the other got compromised through first the windows tablet download on a flash stick so it was something that ran by itself!

I was able to get in by special key combination and using root... could not determine what got changed, maybe it did not finish as I pulled the usb stick out.

So though everything looked intact I had no way to log into a normal graphical desktop because the login window was just going through a loop acting like it was working but coming back to login.

I did some firewall work on this one and is much improved over the old but I'm still running the old system version with the same late version kernel..
SO after viewing the New System Version (still same kernel I currently use because I updated often) I came to the conclusion after getting the firewall updated editing by hand and saving the info... 
I am probably going to Go With The New System tomorrow morning.
 I lost some files of research and Q stuff not backed up soon enough and a couple things I wanted, a couple apps that I forgot / can't find on the repository..., and a very much liked custom edited clock which I cannot find the base app.. maybe next install.
Little difference in this one now because the last I installed from a live version.

Got the new one ready to burn to a usb soon as it gets wiped.

The Tablet was acting a little strange but I used it this morning to get to the forum to change password so I wouldn't forget it on the new system... cause I did and got locked out last night for 90 min and too close to my bed time and Gold Rush was on sooo... done just now at 5:24 doing firewall code and a few apps decided to take the plunge again tomorrow morning using less time cause I have a 90% complete list of apps to save some time.

That's it ... gonna look at a couple of peep's posts and quit for the night!

This was a very fine system to begin with and it was my laxness that got me into trouble, will not transfer anymore files from windows

How long did it last? Long time... I think 7mo or more... ??

Dave
Fight them with their own sickle and hammer!!
Pray for no nukes!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Maybe it was as much as 7.  It was awhile anyway, I had noticed.  Thank goodness you know what to do about it. crimany.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Back with vengence!
Customized FireWall!!!!! Even starts before ethernet!!! 

Back-up running on certain folders daily to external drive

A few new new programs. Made a new list of all to make looking for them easier.
Got the old desktop clock back but not transparent yet!

Took a lot longer because of problems with saved file not correct and problems with two usb pendrives and partition tools not being able to delete fully the encrypted drive. 
Now I know the version necessary and tools on dvd.

Been carting wood to the stove all day cause we got another 2'' of snow last night... previous 2".
Plowed drive way to the two houses next to each other twice. Just about fell asleep at 2pm.. little more tweeking and good to go with some nice relaxing guitar strumming!
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm

version updates on the repository has left me with some very unusable software...
example: change text color causes software apt to crash!

tried all sorts of text and html programs and a couple didn't even change color of text so I would have to go back to entering html code separately.

I am on the 3 system today and all the programs had updated so only one is useful, I have been using two because one was quick at doing the text color... but it is totally not available anymore.

some of this is due to the fact that they are too particular of what they make available because of security reasons!
too bad some is JUST BROKEN.. Get on it you coders... (html) Kompozer crashes after change of text color and hitting OK!!! stupid! AND WHERE IS TEA, TEAGTK great little text editor except for saving in convoluted manner with crazy icons.. sheesh easier to copy paste into something else and save!

When I got out of the service I continued some of the electronics design classes at a jr college.. and considered going into computer science but went into tool & die... I could a made better computers and case designs!

Got certificate in digital techniques and one in boolean language and more... nor, or, nand gates inverters and other digital crap! I put myself into it I can make anythng.. just made a different choice... right now I'm seriously considering robotics on a serious level including designing my own chassis for non indoor use.. using arduino and rasberry pi3... couple boards with 16 relay controls and good stepper motors... below see my web page for gas powered hydraulic system with counter rotating tracked tank. Yes! All manufactured by me just screws and hydraulic parts purchased outside.

Ahhh... use google.com http://archive.org/web/ wayback machine type in this address- my old web page- try NOV. 14, 2007 http://www.6tharmor.netfirms.com to see what Savage (1990) used to roll in!! Page bottom is me. I can build anything if you throw money at me! LAPD wanted some stair climbing bots to spy on hostage type situations... oh man off into another past memory but do check out the web page look at the later ones with more traffic some pictures are still up!

If anyone wants some I have 9 aluminum wheels and a military tire mold for sale for $1200 meant for the Half-track!

As one can see I am one of those quick thinkers with some knowledge that can improvise and make stuff kinda like Mcgiver.. ha ha.

Oh yeah and all the 3D art work is mine too, I know and have 3 programs still.

Oh here, save time but do go look Savage would like someone to visit his armory, 
spring's status 2010
spring's status 211
spring's status 510
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 pm

spring's status 100

I got that far!  But couldn't find any pages that would open.  Cool artwork tho.  U know what you're doing!

Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Last edited by jem2 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks for viewing... Click the Link below  "Bite the Bullet"

And while Dove was viewing that I found slightly older version of kompozer which works and will save me!
So tomorrow will be a better hammer on anvil day to beat that sickle into something nicer like wind chimes or ?
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 pm

NO REPTILIANS HERE!

JUST HOT RODDER'S
DIRT BIKERS
ATV RIDERS
HARLEY RIDERS AND AFTER MARKET MANUFACTURING
MODEL CARS
MODEL GLIDER FLYERS
MODEL BOATERS since 1967
AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER
WATER COLORIST

I DID GET an earlier version of Komposer to work after going all the way back to where I was!
oh well just update the system kernel tamarry.
LOOKY, RED TEXT! WITHOUT CRASHING!
spring's status 2018-010
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 am

When one visits that web page.. the second page was my Half-track kit I was working for 2 yrs, CAD drawings and Gcode machining programs, the tire and wheel exist, one rim sits atop my pc, 911 & 2008 kinda ruined 60% of my sales,
so a machine break down made me think I might want to see what was coming before spending money... never got it fixed. Really miss working in my shop.. took me from 1990 to 2003 to get that CNC mill and then another 2 years for the Lathe. Gearing up for the KIT.. lots of files and drawings some in 3D assembly drawings in semi transparent to see fit of brakes and other key components. Mmmm and a sigh.

I'm a logical thinker, I've done a lot of R&D where given a part the question is can we make this... sure.
I build the dies... many parts of the tank have die made parts.. center of the small wheels are formed in one stroke BANG!, and all those little parts to guide the wheels on the tracks, rear wheel holes are punched through by indexing one at a time in fixtures and things like that... it is the industry that I was in, same machinery.
When I was 26 I was running a 3 man company shop work I enjoyed  just as today, combination of challenge and creativity... If I haven't done it before and need to, I learn how.

Anyone need some fishing lures?  My punch press is available @ 150 strokes a minute, we can fill a bunch of boxes (BIG) in a day.
Fly much? I've got some small aluminum heat sinks to keep the circuit boards on airlines cool while you listen to your head sets and watch movies.
Have to snag a picture of the Jeep Racks I manufactured for 12 yrs! NO RETURNS, cause everything by Dave is made tough and with thought and no end of lifetime figured in!

Ah well come visit we'll sit and talk a spell, I always share any of it from code to just riding / camping, something, we are all much different than the keyboard reveals right! Hey I even have worked concrete! Resistor banks for the Lawrence Livermore Lab LASER!! that would be after the AF in 1977.. which brings us full circle back to the model boats and the vintage 1980 Crackerbox here:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/80/67/56/toolbo10.jpg
spring's status Toolbo10

still have some sanding of the fiberglass resin and one more thin coat before the pretty paint... oh forgot I paint!!!
Candy what ever, pearl and fade away flames, used to paint motorcycles and alhttps://youtu.be/DDt39iKbQ5Imost bought a paint boot once about 1979. Oh the green arm, that's Jack my only and youngest grandson and boy is he smart hanging with POP all day 4 days a week!

spring's status Jack_f10

He likes his picture taken can you tell????!! He'll be 3 April 15, talks pretty good and can count to 5, knows many colors and likes TOOLS for work, cause Daddy and POP are always working on Daddy's Datsun Z V-8 modified stuff. Oh they go!
Bed time!, rise and shine @ 5

Last edited by spring2 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and punctuation)
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Last edited by jem2 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Wow, did I write some cryptic stuff without trying   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Jem2 
ah maybe you read too much into this... just fixing a Linux system and because of using most recent kernel sometimes other software needs to catchup to work properly.

http://www.kompozer.net
It is just a HTML editor that was not functioning properly so I went back in versions of system to get version of KompoZer to work and then upgraded the Kernel to the most stable version and checked KompoZer as do not update.
That's it... still have to get my rabbit hole clock back so I'll be happy when the alarm clock rings!

My highest priority right now is to get some dentures.. but earliest I could get is April 11 for appointment I'm afraid this place is going into the gutter before that.
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Got some electrical adapter plugs for the model boat.
Did some sanding as the temp reached over 65 outdoors! After being 29 morning temp day before.
Now I'm looking at some finger exercises for my fret hand so I can get one of these since I've never had Electric.. or maybe one of those really new types.
spring's status Fender10

NO WAY I'll part with my 79 Yamaha too pristine! Post a picture tomorrow.
Walking Dead need to enjoy what is left also!
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks Spring! Here's to your being happy when the alarm clock rings. flower
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OthVHc8RTSc
Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Today's fire sale of equipment occupying space   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 2:51 pm

And this morning I listed this for sale at Mr. Craigs special place for used items
15 ton punch press. Used in many of the small parts above as well as Jeep Luggage Racks. Que drew some attention for a bit early but got the old pictures not giving link but you can find it out in the sticks or the bay area. This is after 95% rebuild waiting to be put to work.

spring's status 00H0H_iGeZXPqd0v7_1200x900
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Were you in one of those speedboats?  Wheeee...

U'r at 69 dgs.  We're at 8-10" of white stuff and it's still coming down.

Back to top Go down

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 am

NO REAL BOATS.
We had a few days of 67 or so now we are getting snow tonight for the 4th time now... usually once or twice a year, ALWAYS SPRAY before!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spring's status Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring's status   spring's status I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spring's status
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: