Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boom Sarah Sanders

Go down 
+2
michael371
Dove
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Boom  Sarah Sanders Empty
PostSubject: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:11 am

This should go in the 'laughter' thread.

30 second smack down on Shiffty.

http://conservativefighters.org/news/reporter-asks-if-white-house-shares-rep-adam-schiffs-concerns-sarah-sanders-issues-fiery-retort/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sarah_sanders_shuts_down_reporter_over_being_concerned_with_top_dem_house_intel_chair_adam_schiff&utm_term=2018-05-02

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

this ole southern belle will kick yo' ass if you mess with her...we call them kind of gals "sassy" down here....hey researcher, guess what ima' eatin' for supper?...yep...mater sammich!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 3:55 pm

michael371 wrote:
hey researcher, guess what ima' eatin' for supper?...yep...mater sammich!!!!!!!

Ummmmm, yummy!!! Recipe below (or how I like to make 'em) for anyone never having had a decent or indecent mater sammich.

PARTS LIST

Bread slices
Mayo - the REAL STUFF & not that lo-fat plastic imitation sh . . . .
Fresh picked from your herb garden sweet basil leaves
Nice red or yellow vine ripened maters

ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS

Slather bread slices with mayo
Cover one mayo slathered slice with basil leaves - more is better
Cover basil with sliced ripe maters
Slap the top slice of that mayo slathered bread on top of those maters
Make a second sammich just like the one you just made cause one ain't gonna be enough

This recipe has been tested in my lab many times and is researcher approved and guaranteed to be some mighty fine eats!
lol!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

sounds delish...researcher, will have to give em a go!
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 5:30 pm

fresh or toasted bread ya'll ?  I like mine white,  soft and slathered with mayonnaise.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 6:22 pm

bordercollie wrote:
fresh or toasted bread ya'll ?  I like mine white,  soft and slathered with mayonnaise.
only us rednecks know what "slathered" means.....if the bread is fresh, i want white bread, if it is a day or so old, i want it toasted....i forget the name of the bread,(captain john or something like that) but it is expensive, like $4.50 a loaf, but when the store has it in fresh,like right off the truck, i get some tater chips (even ya'll yankees know what tater chips are) and i try to hurt myself...put a few olives and sweet pickles on the plate...don't touch me, i'll hurt ya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Toasted homemade whole wheat for me, mayonnaise, garden tomatoes, and i like cilantro instead of basil. Add avocado, salt and pepper ... i can't wait for summer. Are you saying your tomatoes are ripe already down there in the south?
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm

jem2 wrote:
Toasted homemade whole wheat for me, mayonnaise, garden tomatoes, and i like cilantro instead of basil. Add avocado, salt and pepper ... i can't wait for summer. Are you saying your tomatoes are ripe already down there in the south?
not yet....these came in from south florida at the store....fresh, and juicy....mine will be ready around  middle of june, maybe....mine are over knee high right now, with more to plant to try to keep a continuous supply....i have 132 planted so far....we like tomatoes
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:57 pm

That video did me good ! 
Mike has a huge garden and shares his produce with those less fortunate or in poor health. He has grown cabbages big as a washtub and tomatoes big as a softball- or bigger. Smile    Now that would be a big mater sandwich. Smile   Mike and his wife = Alms big time.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:13 pm

find me a chair, I'm booking my flight!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm

michael371 wrote:
not yet....these came in from south florida at the store....fresh, and juicy....mine will be ready around  middle of june, maybe....mine are over knee high right now, with more to plant to try to keep a continuous supply....i have 132 planted so far....we like tomatoes

132?! Wow! and you probably grow more than tomatoes. That's more along the lines of a farm than a garden. Good for you. You must really know your stuff to manage a crop like that. This coming from a wanna be, still learning gardener.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 1:02 pm

P.S. i love Sarah Sanders.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:11 pm

researcher wrote:
michael371 wrote:
hey researcher, guess what ima' eatin' for supper?...yep...mater sammich!!!!!!!

PARTS LIST

Bread slices
Mayo - the REAL STUFF & not that lo-fat plastic imitation sh . . . .
Fresh picked from your herb garden sweet basil leaves
Nice red or yellow vine ripened maters

I have never thought of putting basil, or any other herb, on a tomato sandwich. That sounds good and I will definitely be trying that! Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:12 pm

michael371 wrote:

Mike, have you ever grown Ponderosa tomatoes? I never have, but I just got some to try for this year.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Josephus wrote:
michael371 wrote:

Mike, have you ever grown Ponderosa tomatoes? I never have, but I just got some to try for this year.
josey, i have not ever grown them, but i have heard of them and seen pictures of them......i think there are some on the bayou gardener forum that grow them and if i remember correctly (which is always a crapshoot)i think they are a pretty good tomato....i stick with big beef and dixie red....truth be known, judy helped teach me how to grow a garden....i am a career bass fisherman,lol....i learned to garden off of the internet, particularly, the bayou gardener.....judy gave me my first plow!

Last edited by michael371 on Thu May 03, 2018 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:34 pm

josey, i clicked before i meant to click....i consider big beef and dixie red to be the two best ALL-AROUND tomatoes that one can grow....both have strengths and weaknesses, but for taste,no-core at all, canning,disease resistance, production and hardiness, you just can't do any better than those two....of course, open-pollinated tomatoes taste better than hybrids, but they come down with various diseases so easily that they are beginning to be hard to grow around here...2 years ago, i tended to the prettiest crop of tomatoes that one can have with these two......oh, i forgot, another great little tomato is a bella rosa, which i usually plant but did not this year due to not having many seeds and since i had large stash of the DR&BB, i just went with those two.....better boy, is another very good tomato, but it does have a small core and i do not like a mater sammich using a slice of tomato that has a core
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Y'all are gonna love this Cajun gardener guy. I've watched his videos for years and he has many years of videos. His channel link below and a little sample video from June 2010 to start ya off.

https://www.youtube.com/user/webcajun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bba7vKK-D4

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:57 pm

dat' be he
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:19 pm

michael371 wrote:
i consider big beef and dixie red to be the two best ALL-AROUND tomatoes that one can grow.

I may try those next year, or even later this year. They had some Big Beef and I almost went with those. I was trying to get some that I knew my Dad hadn't planted, but they all sounded familiar. I went with Ponderosa because I wasn't sure if I really remembered them, or if I was think of the Ponderosa t.v. show...lol. Turned out he has never planted them, so I've probably never eaten them.

ETA: Did some reading about these. They are "beefstake type". From pictures, they don't seem to have much of a core, so that's definitely a plus. And they've been around since 1891, which seems to speak well of them.I'll let you know how they turn out, and if they are any trouble to care of.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Josephus, if you like 'em I would like a few saved seeds please. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:55 pm

researcher wrote:
Josephus, if you like 'em I would like a few saved seeds please. Thanks in advance.

Not a problem! If they are good, I plan on saving the seeds. I'll send you some, if they are worth it.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 5:35 pm

if ponderosa is open pollinated, and i assume that it is if it has been around since 1891, and you can grow it in your area without it being affected by viruses, bacteria's or fungus, by all means grow it....i remember the pure strain tomatoes of my childhood before hybrids became so popular....much better taste than hybrids, but i have so much trouble with tomato disease here, it is just easier to go with the hybrids and i still have to use fungicide and pesticide.....viruses spread by bugs and we got them thangs' down here by the truckload
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

michael371 wrote:

...i think there are some on the bayou gardener forum that grow them and if i remember correctly (which is always a crapshoot)i think they are a pretty good tomato....i stick with big beef and dixie red....truth be known, judy helped teach me how to grow a garden....i am a career bass fisherman,lol....i learned to garden off of the internet, particularly, the bayou gardener.....judy gave me my first plow!

Mike is a master gardener and I'm just a little  p.a. one. If ya'll want to know the story about that little plow,.. the Lord led me to offer it to Mike after he posed a question about one on the bayou gardener forum.  After I sent it  to him, I got a mysterious envelope in the mail - no return address just some $. Hummm
Then, Mike  offered me some  "out of the box "sources to study ( pertaining to the Bible and what we talk about here)  as I saw fit-my choice -my decision to accept or reject.    I was at a  very sad point in my life due to loss of loved ones and firmly believe that the Lord had this  little plow and Mike, along with his wife , all lined up to help me find my way  out of despair and open my eyes more so because it all happened at the same time  .  I've always believed in our Savior the Lord Jesus but  my eyes had never been wide like now. 
Back in the '80's in  when I lived in La, I was almost smothered when a chained piece of heavy machinery  slipped . I cried out "God help me" and it's downward movement on my back stopped right then - A little piece of wood "somehow" wedged  there and kept me breathing .My nose was next to my tennis shoe. I slowly squirmed out with only bruises on my back. I was all alone in the shop that day ...
..There are no coincidences . I thank the Lord for "that little plow" every day, because even though I  believed , I was asleep  until the little plow  .  judy

Last edited by bordercollie on Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 11:58 am

bordercollie wrote:
michael371 wrote:

...i think there are some on the bayou gardener forum that grow them and if i remember correctly (which is always a crapshoot)i think they are a pretty good tomato....i stick with big beef and dixie red....truth be known, judy helped teach me how to grow a garden....i am a career bass fisherman,lol....i learned to garden off of the internet, particularly, the bayou gardener.....judy gave me my first plow!

Mike is a master gardener and I'm just a little  p.a. one. If ya'll want to know the story about that little plow,.. the Lord led me to offer it to Mike after he posed a question about one on the bayou gardener forum.  After I sent it  to him, I got a mysterious envelope in the mail - no return address just some $. Hummm
Then, Mike  offered me some  "out of the box "sources to study ( pertaining to the Bible and what we talk about here)  as I saw fit-my choice -my decision to accept or reject.    I was at a  very sad point in my life due to loss of loved ones and firmly believe that the Lord had this  little plow and Mike, along with his wife , all lined up to help me find my way  out of despair and open my eyes more so because it all happened at the same time  .  I've always believed in our Savior the Lord Jesus but  my eyes had never been wide like now. 
Back in the '80's in  when I lived in La, I was almost smothered when a chained piece of heavy machinery  slipped . I cried out "God help me" and it's downward movement on my back stopped right then - A little piece of wood "somehow" wedged  there and kept me breathing .My nose was next to my tennis shoe. I slowly squirmed out with only bruises on my back. I was all alone in the shop that day ...
..There are no coincidences . I thank the Lord for "that little plow" every day, because even though I  believed , I was asleep  until the little plow  .  judy

What a great story. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Thank you Jem. I sure thought Reebok was the last thing I was gonna see.. true...
  Too bad ya'll can't see pictures of Mikes  garden and maters..  Maybe this year, he or I can make a link to an album or something like that.. Then, ya'll will all be craving mater sandwiches , peas,  okra,and  oh yes cornbread topped off with a big glass of Diamond sweet tea.. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:10 pm

i'd love to see pictures of Mike's garden (or anyone else's) and am already craving all of those good things - except for okra. i was just out to the garden and my asparagus is up! Laughing Hope i will have the time to work out there this year.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:50 pm

except for okra

WHAT!!! Apparently you've never had you a mess of fried okra. It's not the slimy stuff okra is hated for. It's crispy southern cooking wonderfulness. I like 'em with catsup - kinda like french fries.

6½ minute instructions below. NOTE: you can fry a lot more at once than shown in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aH7xODNfB0

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Yes indeed, it was the slime that turned me off to okra. But the lady said it's a superfood full of vitamins and antioxidants so i'm willing to try this. It sounds like a good breading recipe too. Smile
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Oooh yeah !!!  Thanks Researcher !   I use mostly cornmeal  to fry mine and talk about good.. let some fresh sliced tomatoes and (purple hull ) peas mingle a little bit on your plate, get that cornbread  (no sugar in it ) and sop up the remains off your plate. Oh, don't forget the cooked down yellow squash. Smile  come on Researcher, you need to move down south.  Smile

edit..  My okra is ready by mid June this year.  Fried okra is nice and crispy --no slime allowed !   Try it Jem, you'll like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:27 pm

only way i like okra is boiled....just let it slide down the back of your throat....kinda' like eating a raw oyster....just tilt your head back and let it go...it'll find its own way down
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Mike, you're gonna freak out Jem with tallk like that . baaad boy !  .   I was gonna link the garden forum pictures to your cabbages but the pictures are gone... just says 404 when clicked on. Sad  will  try with new pictures this coming year then.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:17 pm

bordercollie wrote:
Mike, you're gonna freak out Jem with tallk like that . baaad boy !  .   I was gonna link the garden forum pictures to your cabbages but the pictures are gone... just says 404 when clicked on. Sad  will  try with new pictures this coming year then.

Yeah, Mike grows cabbages bigger than my head. And, if you've ever seen my head you would know that is quite a feat!!!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Ummmmm, cabbages. Gotta get that on my shopping list. A mess of Coleslaw is sounding mighty good to me right now.

Boom  Sarah Sanders 20130513_Cabbage01

Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 4:07 pm

researcher, you may not believe it, but my cabbages approach that size....its hard to tell by just comparing it to the size of the little girl, but my cabbage are in the 20-30 lb range.....largest one weighed 29 lbs 12 ounces on post office scales(we weigh our fish and vegetables at the post office down here)
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:47 pm

michael371 wrote:
researcher, you may not believe it, but my cabbages approach that size....its hard to tell by just comparing it to the size of the little girl, but my cabbage are in the 20-30 lb range.....largest one weighed 29 lbs 12 ounces on post office scales(we weigh our fish and vegetables at the post office down here)

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw this pic. That it looked like the pics you sent me of your cabbages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boom Sarah Sanders   Boom  Sarah Sanders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boom Sarah Sanders
Page 1 of 1