HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm

ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE...BUT ON A BED I LAY.. BACK WENT TODAY... more than likely a two week rest.... dunno.. that's the average in the current state!
Started this morning getting worse cannot straighten up! Even tough guys succumb to this!

It's couch and roll or the bed.

We'll see how it goes... at least it's not the floor..... that is the worst!

A  couple a beers and a boiler maker to kill pain are best I can do without medical care!
If I can relax for a while I will recover.
dave 
and F that Dem from Ca. on Confiscation!!!!!
end transmission!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
researcher
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Must be catching, Spring. Did something I shouldn't have done yesterday (don't have a clue what?) and my back is out too. Aspirin and rest, 5mg Valium for muscle relaxer if it gets too bad but trying to avoid that step. I've got good drugs but I avoid 'em if at all possible. Prefer the "man up and take the pain" approach.

Sucks getting old! You get better yourself too.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  

#Qanon

The world’s first cult where no one has met the leader and the leader insists that people research and think for themselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Wife came home early, Chinese food, bed for me, I don't like walking like an 80+ so I'm done.

I've hit the floor hard before and scared everyone, I know when I'm done. See you guys when better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Already developed tolerance to Darvocet, once while remodeling home # 4 bathroom I had consumed 90 tablets in a week to finish the job. That was '98', my operation was Feb 1990, slept a week upside down in an ottoman/chair cause I couldn't lay flat in bed, from Chiropractor to MRI to Neurosurgeon to hospital in two days due to some nerve damage. Injured @ 27 surgery @ 30. 1 1/2 yrs recovery, thought would be quicker... first Dr. ok to take a walk, a neighborhood short 1/4 block resulted in a very slow return of "1 inch steps back". $30,000 then, and no work for a yr, just about broke me!
Most people have their 2nd operation within 2 yrs, I've made it this far....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
michael371
Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 pm

must be part of life for old white men to have a bad back....ima' leaving this thread cause ya'll may jinx me with mine....mine goes out by slipping,coughing or sneezing,squatting and just goofy ways....ya'll old farts take care of yourself.....ima' outa' here with this bad back stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
researcher
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Mine has been getting better with aspirin as the day wears on. I figure it'll be mostly gone by tomorrow. (fingers crossed) Sounds like Spring has it real bad though. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers folks.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  

#Qanon

The world’s first cult where no one has met the leader and the leader insists that people research and think for themselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josephus

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 8:54 pm

You guys get better! A bad back is definitely no fun.

Don't know if y'all would want to try it, but I take a couple of Advil along with Tylenol when mine is hurting. I also do that for my normal ( Ehlers-Danlos ) pains. Always seems to work pretty good. Also, I have heard that taking Aleve and Tylenol together is supposed to be equivalent to the pain relief of pain tablets. However, Aleve doesn't do too much for me. Tylenol + Advil should be the same thing as Tylenol + Aleve, but for some reason using the Advil just works much better for me.

Anyway, hope y'all find something that works good and helps you get to a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Oh, to clarify hitting the floor hard.
One time in front of wife and daughter, I went to reach in front of me to slide a light weight two drawer night stand toward me and a POP... the ol' disc made a loud sound.. and down I went!
Everyone now in panic mode.., Dave, tears, no feeling hips down... no don't touch me!, wait a minute.... wait.
Feeling comes back and able to get on hands and knees.. few minutes ok.
It was just as big a scare for me as for them! Maybe more cause I don't want another operation !

The last one was 4 hrs with leading neurosurgeon, he kept me walking.. but there will never be normal, I do many things I should not but live a full life mind full of the limitations. Sometimes I pay a price of days or weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Fri May 04, 2018 9:22 pm

On those drugs.. not too sure of combinations... but asked doc for something stronger... he said he couldn't prescribe.
I have a pretty good tolerance, but there are days ibuprofin etc just aren't gonna do it!
@ 27 I had just designed my first product and got my shop set up for production but then needed the operation... really screwed up much of early business, slow design of next product... and as I got better I was able to get going on a limited production.. I'm kinda looking at another cnc and several new products... we'll see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
spring2
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 am

Been up two hrs, got the back support on to help control that disc movement some and had some Excedrin, can't take aspirin.

Laying on the couch with tablet and all controls + phone.

Dr. Spring has determined that it will be a week + and for a while couch and roll to all fours routine. Not much sitting or standing for me and no lifting... even milk jugs too much.
Update later, and thanks for thinking of me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Sat May 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Oh My !!   Don't do any fast twisting around. I wish you had a cattle sorting stick to help you get around. A 5'  or (6' if really tall )is good to lean on when you must get up. I make the  sorting sticks out of fiberglass  1/2" electric fence posts for our farm. Golf  club grip is glued on the hand part. Helps much when shuffling around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Josephus

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   Sat May 05, 2018 4:49 pm

spring2 wrote:
On those drugs.. not too sure of combinations... 

They are supposed to be fine to take together, as one is an NSAID and Tylenol is not. I just make sure not to take much, and you have to watch too, because you have to wait longer between the NSAID doses than you do the Tylenol doses.

I understand being reluctant to try it though, as I try to only take them together when my pain is at its worst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!   

Back to top Go down

ARRGHHH BACK FINISHED FOR WEEK END +!
Page 1 of 1