Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

seems like intimidation..

Go down 
AuthorMessage

seems like intimidation.. Empty
PostSubject: seems like intimidation..   seems like intimidation.. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 11:11 pm

When and how does one determine they have been given a message or type of harassment.

I have been thinking about Wed afternoon.

It started with a helicopter flying back and forth over our housing area in the foothills.. it by fact is the largest in our County.

More than a half hour of slow and too low by FAA rules due to the fact it is over a housing area with no place to land or emergency landing to take place.

I got fed up and called the Sheriff and said politely that they should contact this copter and inform them that specific altitude rules because of residential area and no safe emergency landing zone nearby they should change and follow the rules.

Oh you'll have to contact the FAA... ok, thank you!

Pretty annoying flight only a few hundred feet up!
After a bit it moved further away..... then about ten minutes comes back inching it's way back into our area.
Dave grumbling more now... and then that jack ass comes over my address following the street, my tall Sugar Pine tree is 125' and 15' from the house deck and the bottom of that copter went right over the top of it and only had a few feet more that that! Wearing a typical hunting brush camo shirt and green shorts they probably could not see me watching from under the oaks, concealing myself..., no vehicle in the drive way...etc. but I have to wonder if it was some sort of message ... maybe the Sheriffs gave them the address of the complaint caller??? I don't know! But it left several minutes later. I mean this copter was going slower than 20 mph. It truly could be disaster should they have any kind of problem... that alone was very unsettling!
No more call in's!
More attention to details (binoculars for tail numbers and a search of owners!)
Concealment!
Being more aware from now on!

I'm not sure what to think of the pass over me that close... just seems like intimidation. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seems like intimidation..   seems like intimidation.. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Even had to correct the spacing and the color of text as some was not in same color but faded into the background... imagine that!
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: seems like intimidation..   seems like intimidation.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 12:50 am

We have helicopters here too. Spring..."they say" they come to check the power lines, hence also fly very low..they also have detectors that can tell if a person is in the house or near it, body heat or something....When I see them I purposely go outside and wave to them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seems like intimidation..   seems like intimidation.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:33 am

Yeah, I completely forgot about FLIR and heat detection... so what they saw was me and my grandson then.

Wonder what else they might be looking for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seems like intimidation..   seems like intimidation.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seems like intimidation..
Page 1 of 1