Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror Empty
PostSubject: Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror   Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:57 am

Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwoAeIXtjzFYZ47S6gHU7Xx_pWgqLDGGq0uT-kkwwTCwgxSMKgZA

In the 6400 words used by Obama, Islam only constitutes three of them.
By: Barry Rubin
Published: May 26th, 2013

Originally published at Rubin Reports.

President Barack Obama’s speech at the National Defense University, “The Future of Our Fight against Terrorism” is a remarkable exercise in wishful thinking and denial. Here is basically what he says: the only strategic threat to the United States is posed by terrorists carrying out terrorist attacks.

In the 6400 words used by Obama, Islam only constitutes three of them and most interestingly in all three the word is used to deny that the United States is at war with Islam. In fact, that is what President George Bush said precisely almost a dozen years ago, after September 11. Yet why have not hundreds of such denials had the least bit of effect on the course of that war?

In fact, to prove that the United States is not at war with Islam, the Obama Administration has sided with political Islam throughout the Middle East, to the extent that some Muslims think Obama is doing damage to Islam, their kind of non-revolutionary Islam.

And how has the fight against al-Qaeda resulted in a policy that has, however inadvertently, armed al-Qaeda, as in Libya and Syria?

Once again, I will try to explain the essence of Obama strategy, a simple point that many people seem unable to grasp:

Obama views al-Qaeda as a threat because it wants to attack America directly with terrorism. But all other Islamist groups are not a threat. In fact, they can be used to stop al-Qaeda.

This is an abandonment of a strategic perspective. The word Islamism or political Islam or any other version of that word do not appear even once. Yet this is the foremost revolutionary movement of this era, the main threat in the world to U.S. interests and even to Western civilization.

If one wanted to come up with a slogan for the Obama Administration it would be that to win the war on terrorism one must lose the war on revolutionary Islamism because only by showing that America is the Islamists’ friend will it take away the incentive to join up with al-Qaeda and attack the United States.

Please take the two sections in bold above very seriously if you want to understand U.S. Middle East policy.

According to Obama:

more

http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-head-in-the-sand-speech-about-terror/2013/05/26/0/
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror   Obama’s Head-in-the-Sand Speech About Terror I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:34 pm

It irritates me nearly senseless but this is right off of their assembly line of nonsense. It has become terribly apparent that they are confident, and probably rightfully so, that most assume that their liberties, safeties, and privileges are iron clad rights in the U.S. and want nothing to do with what are deemed to be "politics".

Sadly, near the end of what many have termed "The Greatest Generation", far too many have forgotten their biblical lessons in discernment when choosing "leaders". You can change the channel, but the T.V. is plugged into the same wall.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1