Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day Empty
PostSubject: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Ferguson fire
Incident Type
: Wildfire
Updated: 21 min. ago
Size: 68,610 Acres
Contained: 39%

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5927/

you can taste and smell is high
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Not again! Didn't you go through one of these near fires last year, Dave? We are pulling for you and pray that you and the family are safe.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Me too.  Amen.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Me also . God  be with you Dave and your loved ones Spring as well as the other good folks around you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Fire is in the same general area as the August 17, 2013 Rim Fire in Mariposa. It just south of that last bad one that really had me worried for a while..had it jumped one last river canyon, then the main road 108 was last thing beween me. Only primary road out.
I had called one Son in the Bay Area to get ready with another truck.

Right now I have all the ATV's and One ATV Camp Trailer still loaded and tied down. One more ATV Trailer is supplies and harsh weather gear + located under home. Need an ATV to load it to trailer or truck, better on trailer and putting older ATV in truck.
Problem at the moment if something were to change ... is that the main truck for towing is in Modesto 1.2hrs away for some repair and recall items.. it may be done Fri but no call yet.

My trust level for this state is .01

My suspect level is up to 99% after the chopper @ 200ft so just being very cautious and watchful of events and locations.
When ya hear a plane (spotter plane) first followed by another the scanner goes on to find the location so I know where the problem is.

At this time Ferguson fire is not a threat... but one could start near in my area, very dry conditions coupled with 90's temps.

Thanks for concerns and prayers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 2:11 pm

WELL!!
THE SMOKE IS TWICE AS BAD TODAY
We left early this morning to get our truck and it was bad when we left.
Coming home it is now twice as bad as when we departed!!
Very bad!!

I don't think there is any where to go that would have no smoke in the Valley below.

There is also a NEW fire in a semi remote canyon @ Donnell Reservoir which is higher above us on 108 and below our backwoods camp trip area. Saw the Friday morning Fire Crew coming up the hill as we went down.

SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day Donnell-Fire-8-2-18-77x120Donnell Fire at 6pm Aug 2nd from Donnell VistaSMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day News_photo View Slideshow
(3 Photos)
SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day Video Play Video
08/02/2018 7:40 pm PST
Tracey Petersen, MML News Reporter

Update at 7:40 p.m.: The Donnell Fire that was spotted around 1 p.m. on Thursday in the Stanislaus National Forest has grown to an estimated 350 acres. The flames are burning on the Summit Ranger District near Donnell Lake, off Highway 108. Forest Service spokesperson Diana Fredlund relays that a helicopter has been using a bucket to fill-up with water from the lake to dump on the fire this evening. She also notes they are still waiting on resources to arrive and acknowledges that some will not get to the site until Friday morning. Fredlund relays the strategy overnight, “They’re going to keep monitoring it. They’re going to be there overnight. I don’t know that they are actively going to be fighting the fire only because it is such rough terrain. We are waiting for the hotshots to come in as they’re the ones trained to do it. So they are going to be keeping an eye on it and in the morning we’ll be able to give you a better idea on it.”

So this is very rocky (as in large granite) like a giant stair with trees, SEE second picture in slide show by clicking.
Hope they get a handle on this quick, probably close the highway!!! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 2:15 pm

So the new fire is said to be burning toward Alpine county (maybe will cross the river?).
Means the wind is moving NW and bringing all the smoke from the Ferguson Fire to Us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 2:17 pm

SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day 2235374-BID-hotshot-dwarfed-by-fire-80x120Hotshot Dwarfed By FireSMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day News_photo Enlarge
08/03/2018 5:55 am PST
Mark Truppner, MML Reporter
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning for the Stanislaus National Forest from 11 AM Friday through 11 PM Saturday.
Westerly winds will increase today and Saturday as a series of dry low pressure systems pass through northern California.
Local ridgetop gusts of twenty-five to thirty-five mph will be possible in the higher elevations, particularly from this afternoon into Saturday.
Afternoon minimum humidities of ten to twenty percent are forecast with overnight humidity recoveries as low as thirty to forty percent.
Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Meanwhile, the Air Quality Alert issued by the Mariposa County Air Pollution Control District and the Tuolumne County Air Pollution Control District will continue to remain in effect until the Ferguson Fire is extinguished.
The smoke levels continue to reach well into the hazardous range.
Exposure to particle pollution can cause serious health problems, aggravate lung disease, cause asthma attacks and acute bronchitis, and increase risk of respiratory infections.
Residents are advised to use caution as conditions warrant.

People with heart or lung diseases should follow their doctors advice for dealing with episodes of unhealthy air quality.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm

What are you thinking?  You mentioned road...the only road out?  What's worst case time frame?  Lord, don't you get caught!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Don't worry Dove we are not in danger!
108 is the main 2 lane road out of this area of the mountains.
It is key!
There are a few others that are plenty crooked and then the forest service roads N and S.

I feel better having a towing vehicle for the ATV's and their Trailers... the large bug out bags so to speak.
Just wish I could have a few days of no smoke and no 90+ weather to get some work done on the other truck.

Got a headache after the outing... eyes irritated too, from just being out between truck and house about 15 minutes total activity outside!

It's clearer now @ 7:50, hope it stays that way tomorrow morning for a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day   SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMOKE VISIBLE @ 10' indoor day
Page 1 of 1