Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. Empty
PostSubject: 03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.   03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 1:04 am

The internet is on fire over this. If you use Firefox and are up to date (latest version is 66.03) and you use add-ons like Adblock Plus, Video downloaders, and many Many others your add-ons many have just been disabled today. This is a Firefox problem - they are working on it. The Firefox developers are getting slammed with bug reports from pissed-off people. Don't try reloading Firefox - won't work. Trying to reinstall the add-ons will not work either. The only thing that can be done is wait this out for a bug fix from Mozilla. This nailed me today after I closed Firefox and restarted it.

Let me say this . . . THE INTERNET SUCKS BIG TIME WITHOUT AD BLOCKERS!!!

This affects Windows (all versions) Mac OS, and Linux (all versions).

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1257892

Quote :
Mozilla Support Forum

Why has Firefox just disabled all seven of my add ons?

Just opened Firefox browser this morning to find all seven of my add ons have been disabled. This includes Evernote, Lasspass password manager, Privacy Badger etc. What's going on?

Same here, all but three of my add-ons are now disabled, including Ad-Block+!

Same, with Adblock Plus and Trend Micro toolbar. I can't use Firefox until they resolve whatever this is. Sad

User on Adblock Plus site is reporting the same issue.

Helpful Reply

I don't think forum volunteers yet know the cause or remedy for this problem. However, know that dozens of people are reporting the same thing in recent hours, so it may be due to a rolling update gone wrong.

Helpful Reply

Hi jjlongiii, this isn't specific to particular extensions. It looks like a certificate used to sign many popular extensions expired. (The verification process checks that certificate.)
The Add-ons team is working on a fix for this. I don't know how soon re-signed versions of those extensions will become available, or whether another workaround will be discovered. We are all hoping to learn more soon.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: 03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.   03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 6:01 am

I switched to Brave a while ago.  As best as I can tell, it's a chrome platform with better ad blockers.
I still feel like my info is gathered up at every start up, which defeats the reason I switched to begin with.  But I don't kill history and cookies every day.  That would probably help what I think goes on.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: 03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.   03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 10:41 am

Ummmm . . . . eyes peeled open, barely . . . . first pot of coffee still brewing . . . .

Looks like Firefox crew pulled some overtime last night cause my add-ons came back. Looks like John Q Public did some serious ass chewing yesterday and it got results.

Now, if we could only get government to move so fast! bounce

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Updated on Opera   03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 2:18 pm

OPERA u need to disable a lot of things for protection.. and this also depends on how new the computer is. I currently run both.
ALSO kill the Googoil cookie @ startup by using this as the start up web page .. opera://settings/clearBrowserData put into the menu bar via the Heart to the Right of the page entry, it will show as  Give a few seconds after it opens and then hit the button CLEAR DATA 
example picture:
03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. Opera-10

OR

NetSurf good but lacking is best for a BACK-UP
https://www.netsurf-browser.org/downloads/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.   03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

03 May - If you use Firefox you've just been screwed today.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: