Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? Empty
PostSubject: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 11:25 am

2001 SPACE ODYSSEY ??

THE SMALL CO. THAT HAD THE PATENT IN SAN JOSE CALIF., CODE INSIDE THE OPERATING SYSTEM... BOY I WISH I COULD GO BACK AND GET THAT POST TO GO WITH THIS!! (OLD FORUM)

There is a virtual copy of you in a computer right now, with propaganda being tested on you in real-time. Meanwhile, Facebook plans to physically integrate tech into your brain.

2009: NSA Building “HAL” A.I. System, Facebook Now Developing Brain-Machine Interface

MAY 9, 2019

REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? Hal-A.I.-OTN-1024x576By Daniel Taylor
Think of 2001: A Space Odyssey and the most memorable character, HAL 9000, having a conversation with David. We are essentially building this system. We are building HAL.” – NSA researcher
In a little-noticed bombshell report by James Bamford in 2009, it was revealed that the NSA’s massive database of information, including social media, was being used to create an artificial intelligence system that would “…one day be possible to know not just where people are and what they are doing, but what and how they think.”
There is a virtual copy of you in a computer right now, with propaganda being tested on you in real-time. Meanwhile, Facebook plans to physically integrate tech into your brain.

James Bamford reported in 2009:
Quote :
With the entire Internet and thousands of databases for a brain, the device will be able to respond almost instantaneously to complex questions posed by intelligence analysts. As more and more data is collected—through phone calls, credit card receipts, social networks like Facebook and MySpace, GPS tracks, cell phone geolocation, Internet searches, Amazon book purchases, even E-Z Pass toll records—it may one day be possible to know not just where people are and what they are doing, but what and how they think…
Known as Aquaint, which stands for “Advanced QUestion Answering for INTelligence,” the project was run for many years by John Prange, an NSA scientist at the Advanced Research and Development Activity. Headquartered in Room 12A69 in the NSA’s Research and Engineering Building at 1 National Business Park, ARDA was set up by the agency to serve as a sort of intelligence community DARPA, the place where former Reagan national security advisor John Poindexter’s infamous Total Information Awareness project was born.
[size]
A similar program supported by the DoD is called The Sentient World Simulation, a “virtual planet earth.” The SWS program allows for behavior modification and anticipation on a scale unknown at any time prior to its existence. By integrating “nodes” representing every man, woman, and child on earth into a virtual world, propaganda, terrorist attacks and other variables can be launched at the unsuspecting virtual population. SWS was originally designed for Fortune 500 companies to aid with strategy.
As reported by The Register in 2007,
[/size]
Quote :
[The] US Department of Defense (DOD) may already be creating a copy of you in an alternate reality to see how long you can go without food or water, or how you will respond to televised propaganda.
[size]

Facebook plans to get inside your head – literally

These systems are being built using machine learning that is advancing by absorbing information you post on social media. Every time we post, we make the A.I. stronger. Now, Facebook is developing technology that will literally draw the data directly from your brain.
A 2017 report revealed that at Facebook’s secretive “Building 8,” brain-machine interfaces are being developed.
Regina Dugan, a former DARPA employee, is the head of Building 8. She said during a presentation:
[/size]
Quote :
Your brain is capable of producing about one terabyte per second. About 40 HD movies are streaming in your brain every second… Herein lies the problem: How do I get all of that information out of my brain and into the world? What are my choices?
[size][size]
Science fiction technology is now being used to control the masses.
This article was sourced from Old Thinker News.[/size][/size]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:22 pm

STANLEY HAD SOME INFO ON THIS OR IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THE MOVIE.
THE FOLLOWING HAS TO PREDATE 69 AND SOMETHING IN BAY AREA (SAN JOSE) I'VE SEEN IT.

AverStar (formerly Intermetrics, Inc.) was a software company founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1969 by several veterans of M.I.T.'s Instrumentation Laboratory who had worked on the software for NASA's Apollo Program including the Apollo Guidance Computer.
The company specialized in compiler technology. It was responsible for the design and implementation of the HAL/S programming language, used to write the Space Shuttle PASS (Primary Avionics Software System). It participated in the design effort leading to the Ada programming language, designed the Red language, one of the finalists in the design competition, and wrote one of the first production-quality Ada compilers. The large-scale Ada 95 revision of the language was designed at Intermetrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:36 pm

WHAT'S IN A NAME ANYWAY??

https://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/products/HAL/
*1 The international patent relevant to HAL:registered: was accredited as Notable Invention by World Intellectual Property Organization [=WIPO].

U.S. PATENT LAW REGARDING A COMPUTER AS INVENTOR?
HAL THE INNOVATOR: COMPUTATIONAL INNOVATION AND ITS PATENTABILTY IMPLICATIONS

https://law.depaul.edu/about/centers-and-institutes/center-for-intellectual-property-law-and-information-technology/programs/ip-scholars-conference/Documents/ipsc_2015/abstracts-papers-presentation/AbbottR_abstract.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:57 pm

OK MAYBE WRONG HERE ON YEAR IN RELATION TO THIS.. 
HERE IS THE OTHER THING I FOUND.

In the film, HAL became operational on 12 January 1992 at the HAL Laboratories in Urbana, Illinois as production number 3. The activation year was 1991 in earlier screenplays and changed to 1997 in Clarke's novel written and released in conjunction with the movie.

HAL Computer Systems, Inc was a Campbell, California-based computer manufacturer founded in 1990 by Andrew Heller, a principal designer of the original IBM POWERarchitecture.[1] His idea was to build computers based on a RISC architecture for the commercial market.

In November 1993, Fujitsu paid more than $50 million for the remaining 56% of HAL it did not own. HAL became a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu.
HAL was very secretive about their product plans during their operation as an independent company. Initial systems were intended for a 1994 launch.
The company produced multiple generations of computers based on microprocessors they had designed to the 64-bit SPARC V9 specification. Their processor design, known as SPARC64, combined out-of-order execution with mainframe-style reliability, availability and serviceability features. SPARC64 beat out Sun Microsystems' UltraSPARC I by a few months to be the first SPARC V9 microprocessor produced.
Most of the sales of the company went to the Japanese market. Fujitsu closed the subsidiary in mid-2001.
HAL later designed the SPARC64 II (previously known as the SPARC64+), SPARC64 III, and SPARC64 IV microprocessors. They also designed a microprocessor that was canceled when the division was closed by Fujitsu, known as the SPARC64 V. Fujitsu would later develop a microprocessor with the same name.

HAL Software Systems[edit]

HAL Software Systems was HAL's software division. Their first product was a Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) management tool. Later products, introduced in March 1994, included the Olias Browser, Olias Build Tools, Olias Remote Information Broker, and Olias Filter Development Kit. These products were for browsing and managing Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and World Wide Web documents and relational databases. In mid-1996, Fujitsu had HAL Computer Systems spin off HAL Software Systems as Chisholm Technologies, Inc., a company financed by Fujitsu that developed Intranet administration tools.

Notes[edit]

[list=references]
[*]^ "RS/6000 Design Chief Forms HAL To Build UNIX Line With Its Own RISC"

[*]^ "Fujitsu's $40m Buys 44% Of IBM Refugee's HAL Firm"

[*]^ Heller Quits Top Job At HAL

[*]^ Heller Quits HAL Computer To Steer Fujitsu Companies Towards Common UNIX

[/list]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:59 pm

• [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellite)]Skynet (satellite), a UK military communications system
    [/url]

• SKYNET (surveillance program), a program by the U.S. National Security Agency

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 1:04 pm

REMEMBER SKYNET IS WATCHING AND HAL IS GATHERING YOUR VOICE / LANGUAGE AND COMPUTING FOR EVIL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: OH YEAH.. THEN THERE IS THIS   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 1:07 pm

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01349260/document

Machines designed to play Nim games. Teaching supports for mathematics, algorithmics and computer science (1940 – 1970) Lisa Rougetet To cite this version: Lisa Rougetet. Machines designed to play Nim games. Teaching supports for mathematics, algorithmics and computer science (1940 – 1970). History and Pedagogy of Mathematics, Jul 2016, Montpellier, France. ffhal-01349260ff MACHINES DESIGNED TO PLAY NIM GAMES Teaching supports for mathematics, algorithmics and computer science (1940-1970) Lisa ROUGETET Université Charles de Gaulle – Lille 3, Domaine Universitaire du Pont de Bois, rue du Barreau, Bâtiment F, Bureau F1-37, 59653 Villeneuve d’Ascq, France lisa.rougetet@gmail.com ABSTRACT This article deals with Nim games and machines built to play against a human being between the 1940s and the 1970s. They were designed not only to entertain, but also to explain concepts in mathematics, algorithmics and computer science to a general public. Moreover, they were exhibited during fairs or science shows and manufactured later for personal use. Nim games are take-away games without chance whose winning strategy relies on the binary system, easily characterized by bistable circuits called flip-flops. The first electromechanical Nim player machine, called The Nimatron, was invented in 1940 and exhibited during the New York World’s Fair. Its success led to the construction of another electromechanical machine (1951). Then electric or purely mechanical inventions were patented for their cheaper production cost and their pedagogical aspects to understand elementary level instructions in computers as well as the rules of the binary system and notions of Boolean algebra. This article provides examples of such machines and shows their pedagogical interest. 1 Introduction: what is a Nim game? Nim game falls within the class of combinatorial games. In a combinatorial game, there are only two players, playing alternately. Usually, there are a finite number of positions and the information is complete – which means both players know what is going on at any moment of the game. There are no chance moves such as rolling dice or shuffling card and in the normal play convention the player who finds himself unable to play loses.1 Nim game is considered as a take away game: usually three (or more) piles of counters are set on a table. Each pile contains a different number of counters. Alternatively, both players select one of the piles and remove as many counters as they want: one, two… or the whole pile. The first player who takes the last counter(s) wins the game. Nim game was first mentioned under this name in a 1901 article published in the Annals of Mathematics and written by a mathematician from Harvard: Charles Leonard Bouton (1869-1922). In this article, Bouton gives the complete mathematical solution to Nim (Bouton 1901), i.e. a strategy to win every game; first, each pile of counters must be written in the binary scale. Then these binary numbers are placed in three horizontal lines so that the units are in the same vertical column. The sum of each column is calculated and if all of them are congruent to 0 mod. 2, the position left on the table is called a safe combination. Such positions should be reached at each move in order to win the game, and as soon as we reach one, it is possible to obtain another one on our next move, but not for our opponent. Indeed, 1 In the misère play convention the player who finds himself unable to play wins

MORE@LINK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?   REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REMEMBER THE SUBJECT OF HAL DISCUSSED ?10 YRS AGO BY ME?
Page 1 of 1