Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city Empty
PostSubject: Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city   Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 9:52 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7415813/Magnitude-5-0-earthquake-hits-Alaska-felt-capital-city.html?ITO=applenews

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 01:21 EDT, 1 September 2019 UPDATED: 02:16 EDT, 1 September 2019

The Alaska Earthquake Center reports that a magnitude 5.0 earthquake hit southern Alaska. It was felt by people in the state's capital. Juneau.
The center says the earthquake hit at 8:32 p.m. Saturday and had an epicenter 43 miles (70 kilometers) west of Klukwan, a village of about 95 people. The earthquake had a depth of less than a mile (about 1 kilometer.)
Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city 17930264-7415813-image-a-1_1567318561813

+1

The Alaska Earthquake Center reports that a magnitude 5.0 earthquake hit southern Alaska. It was felt by people in the state's capital. Juneau
Several Juneau residents reported on social media that they felt the quake. One person tweeted: "Juneau just had an earthquake... I actually felt it. My bed was literally moving."
There were no reports of significant damage.
The last big earthquake to hit Alaska took place on Nov. 30, when a magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck near Anchorage.
Alaska's massive 1964 earthquake had a magnitude 9.2.
Back to top Go down

Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city   Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am

Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits Alaska, felt in capital city 5_0_al10
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1