Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Empty
PostSubject: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 am

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing

• The solstice is a rare chance for members of the public to walk among the ancient Wiltshire stone circle

• June 21 is the longest day of the calendar year, with daylight hours getting shorter from now on

• By sunset last night, 2,000 people had gathered to keep vigil. By 5am, 21,000 people were greeting the sunrise

• Police praise 'positive, friendly atmosphere' and say they made only 22 arrests, mainly for drug offences

By HELEN LAWSON
PUBLISHED: 04:27 EST, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 07:19 EST, 21 June 2013

More than 20,000 people descended on Stonehenge to greet the sunrise on the longest day of the year.

Cloudy skies prevented the gathering of pagans, druids and partygoers, from basking in the sun as they marked the summer solstice.

By sunset last night, 2,000 people had arrived at the stone circle to begin an overnight vigil. Their numbers swelled before the sun reappeared just before 5am.

The celebrations came ahead of a 'historic moment' in the ancient Wiltshire site's £27million transformation, where a nearby road will be closed and grassed over to restore one of the key approaches to the stones.

Police made 22 arrests during the night, mainly for drug offences, which is fewer than in previous years. They praised the 'positive, friendly atmosphere' of the celebrations.
Scroll down for video

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Article-2345638-1A6EF1C6000005DC-381_964x471
Thousands of people spent the night at Stonehenge, watching the sun set then waiting for it to rise on the longest day of the year

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Article-2345638-1A6F184C000005DC-31_964x624
About 21,000 people, including pagans, druids and partygoers, were at the ancient monument by dawn to greet the longest day of the year 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345638/Summer-Solstice-2013-Revellers-rise-dawn-celebrate-drumming-dancing.html#ixzz2WrVOxLei 

Back to top Go down

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

By HELEN LAWSON
PUBLISHED: 04:27 EST, 21 June 2013 |  That's 16:27 almost 16:30

Here it is from 1630 at 16:30 looking towards RA1630 on June 21 2013, follow the dots my friends.
A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Lorq
That's both the Moon and Antares, the Eagle or Phoenix at the same Time and Place.
 Time 16:30 and Place RA1630
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Oh by the way that starts  At 05:04 UTC Time in Space get it Done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:13 pm

My SkyORB app says that the solstice took place at the exact same time as a lunar eclipse 38m ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 pm

jem wrote:
My SkyORB app says that the solstice took place at the exact same time as a lunar eclipse 38m ago.

At 05:04 UTC (01:04 a.m. EDT) on June 21, the Sun reaches its northernmost point in the sky, which we call the summer solstice. It also means in general it’s the longest day of the year. Since this happens in the middle of the night for us in the United States, it means Thursday and Friday are about the same length.

Depends where you are in Space and Time.

lunar eclipse’s for 2013 are 4-25-13, 5-25-13, and 10-18-13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Done wrote:
By HELEN LAWSON
PUBLISHED: 04:27 EST, 21 June 2013 |  That's 16:27 almost 16:30

Here it is from 1630 at 16:30 looking towards RA1630 on June 21 2013, follow the dots my friends.
A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Lorq
That's both the Moon and Antares, the Eagle or Phoenix at the same Time and Place.
 Time 16:30 and Place RA1630

What I was showing you here hasn't happen yet today my Time 16:30 or 4:30pm
my Space 1630 Pensacola, Fl USA
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:53 pm

A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing Times+square+yoga+-1
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Couldn't type with the big pic, Bloomberg's dumb donkey shut down a perfectly good street to turn Time's Square into yoga extravaganza. Look just below the Coca Cola board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing   A midsummer day's scene: Revellers rise at dawn to celebrate the solstice with drumming and dancing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1