Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World War Z

Go down 
+4
Delfi
scottr99
researcher
quietobserver
8 posters
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 am

Saw the movie last night. I'd recommend it if you're into symbolism, programming, propaganda, etc. Its another high budget film with significant biblical knock-off undertones.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:41 pm

I've never even heard of this movie.  I gotta get out from under my rock more often.  Wink  One of the comments mentioned zombies.  Is this yet another darn blast-it zombie movie?  If it is I'll pass on seeing it.  If it isn't I'll probably order the Blu-ray when available.

Back to top Go down
scottr99

scottr99

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:59 pm

I recently saw 'This is the End'.  Unfortunately for the viewers, they come away with the message that getting to heaven is about good deeds.  We are approaching a slope of infinity.

I believe the Bible as the literal and completed Word of God!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 pm

I believe it's about a reporter's eyewitness to varying ways different parts of the world cope with a zombie apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:01 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z_%28film%29 wrote:
World War Z is a 2013 apocalyptic action horror film directed by Marc Forster. The screenplay by Matthew Michael Carnahan is based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Max Brooks. The film stars Brad Pitt as Gerry Lane, a retired U.N. employee who must travel the world to find a way to stop a zombie pandemic.

SIGH, yup, zombie movie.  But after reading the plot on Wikipedia there might yet be hope for that Blu-ray disc, that is, after it hits the discount bin.
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm

It's based on a book of the same name (which is better than movie as usual).

In this world, Israel was the only country who took Zombie Apocalypse seriously and as such was the only country left standing and the last to stand.  That's why there's the IDF in the movie (but they are Israeli actors), and the City of Jerusalem was involved as well (but it's not the actual Jerusalem, since you can not really shoot movies there).

Israel in this story was also portrayed as the only Nation accepting Palestinian refugees, and only them.  No other nations are accepted.

Hmm… that's the gist, without spoiling.

I haven't seen the film yet but I'm expecting a lot of subliminal messages because Israel was the center and the only nation left in a Flash type Zombie filled earth.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 am

I took interest in the fact that they 'swarmed' and crawled all over everything and each other like a pack of locusts. The only people they took no interest in and literally 'couldn't see' were the 3% of the population who were 'terminally ill' with cancer, etc. Further it took exactly 12 seconds to go from infection to 'one of them'.

It is 'biological' in nature. The most interesting piece (I think) is the fact that the Mossad guy states that they intercepted a communication in which the ___ army radioed they were fighting "zombies". So, as he said, he took the literal interpretation that if they said "zombies" the MEANT "zombies" not hungry rioters or whatever. In the preview it was Russia (black hole), but in the final cut of the movie it is India (black hole).

laibcoms wrote:
It's based on a book of the same name (which is better than movie as usual).

In this world, Israel was the only country who took Zombie Apocalypse seriously and as such was the only country left standing and the last to stand.  That's why there's the IDF in the movie (but they are Israeli actors), and the City of Jerusalem was involved as well (but it's not the actual Jerusalem, since you can not really shoot movies there).

Israel in this story was also portrayed as the only Nation accepting Palestinian refugees, and only them.  No other nations are accepted.

Hmm… that's the gist, without spoiling.

I haven't seen the film yet but I'm expecting a lot of subliminal messages because Israel was the center and the only nation left in a Flash type Zombie filled earth.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Latest from Peter Goodgame and his Red Moon Rising blog.  It's a long article with a lot of pictures so I haven't reproduced it here.  Follow the link to read.  study

http://www.redmoonrising.com/zombieapocalypse.htm

Quote :

The Zombie Apocalypse and the Decline of Love

By Peter Goodgame
June 24, 2013
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm

researcher wrote:
Is this yet another darn blast-it zombie movie?

Yes, it's World War Z[ombie].

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's loosely based on the book "World War Z" by Max Brooks, son of Mel Brooks.  Max seems to be doing well in the "zombie" genre as he has other books out there such as "The Zombie Survival Guide".

Here's a link to a summary of the book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Not necessarily in the movie. I was told the movie doesn't follow the book much at all. I've seen the movie, not read the books. They rarely refer to the term in the movie (zombie). Just a biological of some sort.

For instance the NATO troops repeatedly refer to them as z's, but use the term interchangeably with "Zeke". Technically if they're referring to "z's" they'd be Zulu's, not "Zekes".

Z can represent a lot of things. Not arguing, just curious.

Kitiara wrote:
researcher wrote:
Is this yet another darn blast-it zombie movie?

Yes, it's World War Z[ombie].

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's loosely based on the book "World War Z" by Max Brooks, son of Mel Brooks.  Max seems to be doing well in the "zombie" genre as he has other books out there such as "The Zombie Survival Guide".

Here's a link to a summary of the book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 pm

It's been a while since I read the book, but I think they referred to the zombies as "Zach", although they might have had multiple ways of referring to the zombies because many different countries were involved. I think they might have also used the term "G's", which stands for ghouls. In the book, the zombies were slow, but it's pretty clear that in the movie they are very fast.

I've only seen the movie's trailers/promos so far, but they remind me more of "28 days later", which is a virus movie.
Back to top Go down
fishesnloaves

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 pm

I have heard this was actually a pretty well-done movie...despite my disdain for the uber speedy version.  28 Days Later, however, was a fabulous movie.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:40 am

fishesnloaves wrote:
I have heard this was actually a pretty well-done movie...despite my disdain for the uber speedy version.  28 Days Later, however, was a fabulous movie.

I have heard that they redid the ending twice, which caused the budget to balloon up to $200 million.  Sounds like it might be a good movie.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks for the bit about the ending. Without spoiling it I would say it leaves it completely open for a part two.

Kitiara wrote:
fishesnloaves wrote:

I have heard that they redid the ending twice, which caused the budget to balloon up to $200 million.  Sounds like it might be a good movie.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm

And another point of view from Israel this time. I might have to go see this movie after all. It's sounding better and better as I learn more about it.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/169406#replies

Israel National News wrote:
Outrage over ‘Pro-Israel’ Zombie Apocalypse Film
Many critics of Israel are disappointed by ‘World War Z’ as it shows the IDF fighting off zombie hordes.

By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: 6/28/2013, 12:47 PM

World War Z 246737
Security barrier near Jerusalem

A Hollywood blockbuster depicting a worldwide zombie apocalypse has become yet more fuel for the fire in the debate on Israel. According to many PA supporters, the film’s depiction of Israel as one of the few countries on earth not immediately overwhelmed by zombies indicates a clear pro-Israel bias.

The movie stars actor Brad Pitt as a United Nations employee, Gerry Lane, who joins in the fight against a major zombie pandemic that has killed most of the world’s population.

Pro-PA viewers were particularly upset by a scene showing zombie hordes being slowed by a massive wall around Israel. They pointed out that the scene appears to justify the Judea and Samaria security barrier.

"In World War Z, Israel's apartheid wall apparently helps keep out a massive horde of zombies... not cool," one upset Twitter user said.

Other viewers, however, interpreted the depiction of the barrier as ironic commentary. Israel’s real Judea and Samaria separation barrier was built to prevent Palestinian Authority resident suicide bombers from reaching Israeli cities, but in the film both Israeli Jews and PA Muslims take shelter behind the wall.

They pointed out that the film does not necessarily portray the anti-zombie barrier as helpful to Israel's defense.

It should be noted that Israel’s current security barrier is in most places a fence rather than a wall, and is not always effective in keeping out illegal entrants. The portions that are made of a concrete wall are significantly shorter and weaker than the barrier depicted in the movie, and would probably not prove a significant obstacle to World War Z’s superfast zombies.
Back to top Go down
Jrcole

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm

World War Z – Zionist Predictive Programming
World War Z Zombie-20132-640x361
Zombies rush the Israeli wall. Message: 1. Wall is justified  2. Palestinians (and others so determined) are subhuman and need to be exterminated
by Zen Gardner
This is no surprise of course. What’s interesting is how they’re positioning Zionism and Israel in the apocalyptic finale. It certainly is playing a big role in bringing the world into World War 3 which has actually already begun since the US and Israel pulled the pin out of the grenade with 9/11.
Since then the number of countries drawn into these increasing staged middle eastern conflicts meets the definition of a world war.
World war: Merriam-Webster: “a war that involves all or most of the principal nations of the world” or the MacMillan dictionary says “a war that is fought between many countries from different parts of the world”. Looks like we’re there, people, and it’s just going to keep escalating. Clever how they slipped us into this unending conflict that only gathers momentum by the day.
World War for Zion
This WWZ type of predictive programming is standard fare in the media. It’s gone on for centuries via books and embedded religious teaching, but now with modern media they can really mash it down the mass mind with abandon – and they do.
Of course they call it “entertainment”. The definition? “Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show.” Remember diverts. Overall might sounds innocent enough, but we know better. It’s like the word “amusement”. The original meanings were “to divert the attention of so as to deceive”, “to occupy the attention of: absorb, distract, bewilder.” Now? “to entertain or occupy in a light, playful, or pleasant manner”.
It’s a tactic for diversion more than anything, while the war mongers carry out their Machiavellian plan.
WWZ – Predictive Programming Propaganda
This world war Z is just another propaganda flick, using the popularized zombie meme to the max to get the biggest bang for the buck. It’s written by the son of long time Hollywood Zionist insider Mel Brooks no less, so you can be sure he got all the right coaching, input, directions and help. And of course using another CFR/CIA type gofer in Brad Pitt who’s about to marry confirmed CFR member Angelina Jolie.
Predictive programming is very powerful, using the power of suggestion via carefully crafted emotionally charged scenarios to implant an idea for easier later acceptance as the actual scenarios roll out at the hands of the social programmers.
Alan Watt explains Predictive Programming:
Quote :
“Hollywood is the magician’s wand (holly-holy) which has been used to cast a spell on the unsuspecting public.”
“Things or ideas which would otherwise be seen as bizarre, vulgar, undesirable or impossible are inserted into films in the realm of fantasy.”
“When the viewer watches these films, his/her mind is left open to suggestion and the conditioning process begins.”
“These same movies which are designed to program the average person, can give the discerning viewer a better understanding of the workings and the plan of the world agenda. ‘Be-aware’”

“Predictive Programming – The power of suggestion using the media of fiction to create a desired outcome.”
Enjoy this perceptive write up on “Z is for Zionism” as I call it, he nails it nicely:
Zombie Hasbara: ‘World War Z’ and Hollywood’s Zionist Embrace
I went to the Drive-In in Atlanta Friday night, to celebrate a friend’s birthday, a beautiful night under an almost full moon. We watched This is The End and Fast and Furious 6, and two of us stayed for the 2:00 am screening of World War Z. I’m not a zombie fanatic, so other than watching the Walking Dead, I had few expectations beyond the trailers that have been on TV since the Super Bowl. So I was surprised, jarred out of the movie really, when right in the middle of the narrative, Brad Pitt’s character, Gerry Lane, travels to Israel and spends more than 10 minutes in a full-on pro-Israel propaganda piece that was as corny as it was crazy.
The Times of Israel may be only slightly exaggerating when it calls this “the greatest piece of cinematic propaganda for Israel since Otto Preminger’s “Exodus.” Not only is Israel’s fanatical Wall Building proven to be justified, against the hordes of undead invaders, and not only are Jewish victimizations paraded to justify the aggrandizement of Israeli military prowess, but it’s Israel’s supposed humanism, and multicultural inclusiveness, which in the end weakens the fragile post-apocalyptic state and allows the zombies to overrun everything. Its pretty heady stuff.

World War Z Illusionpeak21
Conclusion
It’s all a smokescreen, with a few hints at what’s really going on behind the scenes. Analyzing and looking for meaning in this mass propaganda we’re being sprayed with is like looking for corn in a dung heap. But see through it we must, and then wash our minds clean of the stench and stain.
Beware how much you take on board, this type of stuff is toxic and loaded with occult symbolism, trigger words and subliminal messages meant to drag you down to their low vibration where you become even more susceptible.
Stay clear, but see these phony projections for what they are. Same with the news. We’re getting what they want us to get in these “breaking” stories, no matter how “revelatory” some of these spying and government and finance “revelations” are. It’s under control, and timed releases to test for reaction as well as let people vent some outrage and feel they have some say so are a common tactic.
I just don’t take the whole world geopolitical picture that gets painted as a reality. It’s a construct and tool of manipulation by its very nature.
Don’t let them define your reality by unwittingly adopting their parameters or living within their prescribed playing field.
We’re not separate to be put at variance against each other at the drop of a hat. Humanity is one, sharing a common consciousness. The entities that deny and attempt to erase this knowledge are the enemy.
First, get your mind and spirit truly free. Then you will know what you are to do.
Then do it.
All of it.
Love, Zen
http://www.zengardner.com/world-war-z-zionist-predictive-programming/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World War Z
Page 1 of 1