Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 9:11 am

Anne Frank House  @annefrankhouse
1h
Today would have been Anne Frank's 91st birthday. On this day in 1942, Anne receives her first, red-checked diary for her 13th birthday.

Born in Frankfurt, she died in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1945

On #AnneFrank’s 13th birthday, just before they went into hiding, she was presented with a diary. During the two years in hiding, Anne not only wrote about events in the #SecretAnnex, but also about her feelings & thoughts.

She began her Diary, A symbol of the fight for human dignity.
With her words - "Where there is hope there is Life"

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world"

"You can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness."

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More EaOz5BFWoAEWI4S?format=jpg&name=medium

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 9:45 am

Today twitter is honoring Henry David Thoreau.

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More EctFwuWXsAETquQ?format=jpg&name=small
Inspiration from Anne Frank-More EctGVXsWsAIRmRT?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 10:12 am

A couple facts regarding author of "Walden...Or Life in the Woods", Henry David Thoreau, whose birthday is today, 203 years ago.

From the comments:

When you see all the inspirational quotes today from Henry David Thoreau, don’t forget that his mother did his laundry and brought him sandwiches on Walden pond!

It will never not be funny to me that Henry David Thoreau's "solitude" in a cabin included having his mom and sister cook for him.
-----

'All things into the light.' Very Happy Ain't Life Glorious? So fun! Discovery is a Joyful treasure.

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More LLqWiWUP?format=jpg&name=small
Inspiration from Anne Frank-More Ecu8KBKUMAAEx07?format=png&name=small

bordercollie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 10:15 am

here's a reminder that he was a radical abolitionist who praised john brown's heroism, and was also a staunch anti-imperialist, being imprisoned by the state for refusing to pay taxes to fund the imperialist mexican war.

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More Ecu3q25WkAANk--?format=png&name=small

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More Ecu3sKPXkAAeM6c?format=png&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am

Quotes:

"It's the beauty within us that makes it possible for us to recognize the beauty around us. The question is not what you look at but what you see." ~

"To have made even one person's life a little better, that is to succeed."

“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”

"The only way to tell the truth is to speak with kindness. Only the words of a loving man can be heard."

"Flowers were made to be seen, not overlooked".

"The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost."

"My life is like a stroll upon the beach, As near the ocean’s edge as I can go."

(he should have jumped in, though perhaps he did, after all)

Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

“Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.”

“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.”

"The world is but a canvas to our imagination."

"The future is too soon the past. So make perseverance your excellence and go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

"Think for yourself, or others will think for you without thinking of you."

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More Ecuh744U8AAsP23?format=jpg&name=360x360

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Thoreau also wrote "Civil Disobedience" and  “How To Achieve Abolition”
Inspiration from Anne Frank-More EcvHkYZXgAElGqr?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from Anne Frank-More   Inspiration from Anne Frank-More I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspiration from Anne Frank-More
Page 1 of 1