Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[P] = C and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

[P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video Empty
PostSubject: [P] = C and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video   [P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 8:45 pm

I thought I might look something up rather than just guess all the time.   Cool
(Now, now...I look up plenty of stuff. It's my middle name, right between 'copy' and paste'! LOL)

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/9-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-chair-of-st.-peter

Highlights:
Yes, there is a physical object known as "the Chair of St. Peter."
It is housed at the Vatican, at the back of St. Peter's basilica.
February 22 is the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter.

there is a physical object--an ancient, ornamented chair.
and there is the spiritual authority that this chair represents.

This object is known as the Cathedra Petri (Latin, "Chair of Peter")

1 Peter 5:1–4, which reads:
So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ as well as a partaker in the glory that is to be revealed. Tend the flock of God that is your charge, not by constraint but willingly, not for shameful gain but eagerly, not as domineering over those in your charge but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd is manifested you will obtain the unfading crown of glory.

"Does the pope have to sit in the physical Chair of Peter be infallible?

No. Although the pope's infallible pronouncements are called ex cathedra (Latin, "from the chair") statements, he does not have to be sitting in the physical chair (which is rather high off the ground in any case).
In fact, he doesn't have to be seated at all.
He simply has to use the fullness of his authority as the successor of Peter to definitively teaching a particular matter pertaining to faith or morals.
This use of the full extent of his teaching authority is referred to figuratively, as him speaking "from the chair" of St. Peter.
It's a figurative expression, not a reference to the physical object."

The ancient chair:  

[P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video Chair-of-peter-old-261x300

Italian artist Bernini designed this chair currently displayed[P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video Chair-of-peter

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Last edited by Dove on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

[P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: [P] = C and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video   [P] = C  and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 pm

https://z3news.com/w/tom-hornpetrus-romanus-succeed-pope-francis/

You want to read this.

If Tom Horn can change his mind after the massive research he put in, I think we're safe to do the same.

Tom Horn: Petrus Romanus will soon replace Pope Francis  dtd 04 October 2014
In the 6-minute video shown below, author Tom Horn explains why Pope Francis might not be the one who fulfills St. Malachy’s 878-year-old prophecy, which foretold specific details of each of the final 112 Popes, concluding with Petrus Romanus, which means Peter the Roman, who will be serving as Pope when Rome is destroyed and God judges His people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=374&v=q0gcDFaHrmU&feature=emb_logo

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

[P] = C and T Horn is Expecting Another Pope-Video
Page 1 of 1