Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! Empty
PostSubject: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 6:54 pm

Thermometer popped today in my back yard, in the shade, at 106° F and the power went out around 3pm-ish this afternoon & I was dark for about an hour or so. This is just day one of this heatwave. This is going to be one hot Labor Day weekend. Suppose to last into Tuesday or so and tomorrow and Monday are forecast to be even hotter.

I now have power back . . . well kinda-sorta. Lights are dim, microwave oven isn't happy about being asked to wave, and my voltage is setting steady at a whopping 96 volts. At least the air conditioning is still working, though it isn't real happy about that 192 volts thingy. It wants its full 240 volts.

Any-who . . . if I come & go the next few days you'll know why.

SEND BLIZZARD!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!

Last edited by researcher on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic update)

bordercollie likes this post

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 11:32 pm

Just returning from the second rolling blackout of the day. Second time the power went down just a few minutes after the post above and lasted about 3 to 4 hours this time. Did y'all miss me? I missed you too.

group hug

SEND FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 am

Why you want to live in that reprobate state is beyond me
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am

So sorry, R.  Much sympathy.  

Shaver Lake.  How Apocalyptic.  They were surrounded and trapped by flames. 
Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! EhPG9v1UcAAR1kV?format=jpg&name=small

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 12:07 pm

Well folks, they’re saying it wasn’t rolling blackouts. Many areas went dark and it affected only San Diego county. SDG&E is still trying to determine all the factors that caused this. Anyway all I know is I went dark twice for about 5 hours total. My area was most affected. See quote box.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/story/2020-09-05/areas-of-san-diego-lose-power-on-broiling-saturday

Quote :
California averts rolling blackouts Saturday but 15,000 SDG&E customers left without power

California escaped another round of rolling blackouts Saturday, amid the start of a broiling heat wave expected to last through the Labor Day weekend. But about 15,0000 San Diego Gas & Electric customers went to bed without power for reasons the utility was still trying to determine.

The downed circuit with most affected customers — 1,896 — covered an area that included University Heights, North Park and Normal Heights. (that's my area)

[More at link]

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 12:23 pm

Normal Heights".

They don't know about you yet??    chuckle  J/K.  I promise. 

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Dove wrote:
" Normal Heights".

They don't know about you yet??    chuckle  J/K.  I promise.

We locals refer to it affectionately as "Abnormal Heights". It's actually a very nice middle class area of the city. A San Diego tradition is Ponce's Mexican restaurant located right across the street from The Ken Cinema that is famous here for running great esoteric films, great old movies like The Maltese Falcon, and of course the midnight Rocky Horror Picture Show on weekends. It's a little slice of the old "sane"  California that I used to really love.

Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! Normal-heights-san-diego-real-estate

Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! Ken-Cinema-Kensington

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!   Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made it through the first day of rolling blackouts - HOT LIKE HELL HERE!
Page 1 of 1