Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gideon and God's Ways

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Gideon and God's Ways Empty
PostSubject: Gideon and God's Ways   Gideon and God's Ways I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm

I'm often amazed anew that God isn't troubled, isn't worried.  

In fact, I don't even think the 'cup of wrath' is subjective in any way.  
It's just fact. When filled to overflow, the contents spill over.  And in this case, onto the earth.  Now, may it be on the heads of the wicked and those who seek to persecute God's children and shut up the Voice of the Spirit and the Word.  Amen.

As the insanity 'out there' has revved up to yet another new level, Gideon came to mind; found in chapter 6 of the Book of Judges-how fitting regarding Judgement, elections and appointment of Rule of Law. 

Though Gideon did not think himself a 'mighty man of valor, he was willing to obey God, as long as he was Sure it was God, (to help him overcome his doubt).

"God,  if this is REEEELLY YOU.... Wink )
We, having the Spirit with us, should not have to lay out a fleece. But we can ask, and also pray that He gives us His strength, by which we overcome our doubts and unbelief.

Gideon's first task is to destroy the Alter of Baal and the pole of Astherah, his consort, erected by the Israelites themselves.
For that, the public wanted to kill him, but his father helped him avoid that fate.

Feeling empowered, Gideon gathers 1000's of men to take on the Medianites.  
God tells him to reduce that number to just 300 men.

Gideon and his 300  surrounded the Midian camp, making it seem the Midianites were greatly outnumbered, then blow their trumpets on every side and shout, "For the Lord and for Gideon!" 

22 When the three hundred trumpets sounded, the LORD caused the men throughout the (enemy) camp to turn on each other with their swords.

ON THE SHOUT and with TRUMPETS!  The midianites fled, the walls came down for Joshua and his army.  

This past Friday night began Yom Terhua, the Day of Shouting, The Feast of Trumpets.

If ever we seem out numbered, pressed upon on all sides, be of Good Cheer.  Those are just the odds God likes. 

Gideon and God's Ways The-lord-is-with-you-mighty-warrior-1-640x480

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Last edited by Dove on Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Gideon and God's Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon and God's Ways   Gideon and God's Ways I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Oh my Goodness.  I will never be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlio0sFSH5A

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

Gideon and God's Ways
Page 1 of 1