Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia Empty
PostSubject: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am

How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia Fl20130630x3a-870x652

God's will: The tale behind this picture in the Ethnological Museum in Addis Ababa tells how it was that Menelik I, son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon, came to return from a visit to Jerusalem with the original Ten Commandments on tablets of stone in a chest. | LESLEY DOWNER PHOTO

BY LESLEY DOWNER

According to the Bible, the Koran and several detailed Ethiopian texts, the Queen of Saba/Sheba, named Makeda, visited Solomon in Jerusalem in the 10th century B.C.
They had previously exchanged letters full of questions and riddles. When she arrived, bringing gifts of gold, spices, precious stones and beautiful wood, Solomon was bewitched by her beauty. He ordered his courtiers not to disturb them for three days and three nights, after which she went back to Saba (present-day Aksum in Ethiopia).

Another version of the story is that he invited her to stay on condition she take nothing of value from him. Offended, she replied that she would stay on condition that he did not touch her. He ordered a meal of salty and spicy food. That night she awoke feeling thirsty and drank some water. At that moment Solomon appeared, declaring that she had broken her word and had taken the most precious thing of all — water. Thus she was tricked into giving way to his desire.

Ancient icons in the Ethnological Museum and historic paintings in other museums show two heads, one with black hair and a beard, the other with black hair and no beard, with a sheet pulled up to their chins: Solomon and the Queen of Sheba in bed together.

Back in Saba the Queen bore a child, Menelik I, from whom the entire imperial dynasty of Ethiopia is said to be descended, right down to the last in line, Emperor Haile Selassie (1892-1975).

When Menelik was 20, in 950 B.C., he went to Jerusalem to meet his father. When he returned to Ethiopia, Solomon ordered the first-born of all the elders there to accompany him. One secretly stole the Ark of the Covenant — which held the Ten Commandments and on which the safety of the Jewish state depended — and took it with him.

When Menelik discovered this he was angry — but then he realized that if such a momentous event had occurred, it must be because God had willed it. And thus it was that the Ark of the Covenant is now said to reside in Ethiopia.(L.D.)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/06/30/travel/how-the-ark-of-the-covenant-got-to-ethiopia/#.UdGlDPksm-d
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

You know,  it is interesting because despite the different theories and supposedly conflicting stories,  they all ended up in Ethiopia.

I remember reading one wherein the Prophet Jeremiah took he Ark of the Covenant with them all the way to what is today Ireland.   After wedding the daughter of the last the king of Judah to the scarlet line,  Jeremiah left and hid the Ark in Ethiopia before returning to Ireland and retire there.

There was another wherein the Ark was hidden somewhere in the Middle-East then was later moved to Ethiopia after they can no longer keep it safe due to the spread of Islam.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
supershark

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Ethiopia seems less likely to me after learning of this discovery. Ron Wyatt is a reviled man, and I'm not quite sure why, unless he's legit. His humble spirit is evident to anyone who gives him a chance to speak.

Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:28 am

But one thing is for sure:

The Jews believe that the long-awaited Jewish Messiah will show up and will bring with him the Ark of the Covenant back to Jerusalem.
And the Muslims believe that their long-awaited Muslim messiah will show up and bring with him the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem.
The Christians believe that the Anti-Christ will bring with him the abomination of desolation, enter Jerusalem, and set it up there.

The Atheists believe… well, let's see what they will believe when it comes Wink

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Back to top Go down
saved

saved

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 am

laibcoms wrote:

The Jews believe that the long-awaited Jewish Messiah will show up and will bring with him the Ark of the Covenant back to Jerusalem.
And the Muslims believe that their long-awaited Muslim messiah will show up and bring with him the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem.
The Christians believe that the Anti-Christ will bring with him the abomination of desolation, enter Jerusalem, and set it up there.
Comparing what the three big end-time groups believe surely gives us a big heads up on how things might proceed. Very interesting comparison here on the Ark of the Covenant. I know things are going to play out differently than I've learned to believe the would coming from a "Late, Great Planet Earth" background from the 1970's. I do not dismiss ideas because they don't match up with my ideas of how things will play out anymore.

This idea of the Ark brought back to Jerusalem by the Mahdi, aka the anti-messiah being somehow an abomination is an intriguing one. Just for the sake of speculation... could it be a fake "ark" filled with the spirit of an empowering fallen angel such as Satan that empowers the miracles that the anti-Christ is prophesied to work during the end times?

The fact all three, Jewish, Christian and Muslim prophesies mention this makes it something to keep our eyes on and to pray for wisdom about. We must seek Him always to keep to the narrow way and help others escape deception, remembering Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Good connection there, laibcoms

Last edited by saved on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect format)
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Yep, it is possibly a fake Ark.  Or it could be "the" Ark but since God already left it and has made His dwelling in our bodies ("Our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit"), and we know also from Jesus that demons will enter an empty dwelling, it could be that the Ark in the last days will be indwelled by an evil spirit instead.

Also, we have to remember that unless God willed it so, not one thing remains "holy" or "empowered" even if He used it, like the famous Cup and Cross.  Besides, it is contrary to the teachings of the Bible if an earthly thing retained some power from Jesus after He used it.  It is an abomination before Him for humans to rely on "holy" objects instead of His power, for doing so is a form of worship.  So, personally at least, I highly doubt any object, be it from OT or NT, remained "holy" or empowered by the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus' death on the Cross broke the Holy of Holies, it did not signify just the end of Temple of Jerusalem, of Temple Sacrifices, of High Priests, but also it ended the need for the Ark of the Covenant.  Instead of dwelling in the Ark, He now dwells in us.

If that is a correct understanding (and I am not saying that it is from God), then it is possible that it still is the real Ark but since God no longer dwells in it, and it is empty, someone else dwelled or will dwell in it.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Since no one seems to read this version here I thought I'd post it.

Revelation 11
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

19 Then the Temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in the Temple the Ark of his covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and earthquake, and much hail.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 pm

I do not believe it is in Ethiopia.  I believe it is buried with either Jeremiah or in a cave on the mountain from which Moses viewed the promised land (again, a burial location).  And it's interesting laibcoms that you said this because I believe we will see it found and happen just as you stated below and will be a great deception that will allow the judgement to fall on all of the earthlaibcoms wrote:

The Atheists believe… well, let's see what they will believe when it comes Wink

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia   How the Ark of the Covenant got to Ethiopia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1