Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civil War in Egypt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Civil War in Egypt? Empty
PostSubject: Civil War in Egypt?    Civil War in Egypt? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:18 am

Civil War in Egypt?

Posted by lamarzulli on July 3, 2013
 Civil War in Egypt? Morsi7-2Commentary & Analysis
by
L. A. Marzulli

LIVE FEED!

http://www.times-standard.com/digitalextras/ci_23588344/live-egypt-protests-tahrir-square-military-deadline-closes

In direct confrontation, Morsi refuses to quit, says army must withdraw ultimatum

In direct confrontation, Morsi refuses to quit, says army must withdraw ultimatum

The Muslim Brotherhood and its radical allies are now considering whether to fully mobilize their adherents for “processions” and counter-demonstrations. This would take Egypt to the brink of a violent and prolonged escalation with incalculable consequences.

Morsi defiantly says he won’t step down | The Times of Israel

With tensions high, at least seven people were killed in three separate clashes between Morsi’s supporters and opponents in Cairo, according to hospital and security officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media. The officials did not give more details. The violence raised the overall death toll to 23 since Sunday when a mass protest was held to mark the anniversary of Morsi’s inauguration.

It would appear that not everyone is happy with the Moslem Brotherhood and the implementation of Sharia law, that Morsi and his regime are forcing down the throats of the Egyptian people.  It also seems the Moslem Brotherhood and Morsi are not going to go skipping into the sunset quietly, thus there is a possibility of a civil war, like the one we are seeing in Syria.

The Political landscape in the Middle East continues to be altered drastically, as the “bulldozers” of the Arab Spring carve new and unprecedented gouges, in what was once familiar terrain.  There is no blueprint for this alteration and no one knows where it will lead.  Take a look at the picture above.  These folks are not part of the army, they are not part of the Moslem Brotherhood and yet, they are armed with automatic weapons.
I believe the people in Egypt want some form of democracy, however as I have mentioned before, there is no springboard to Jeffersonian democracy from Islam and that is the underlying problem in the Middle East.  As long as women are treated as second class citizens and religious minorities are openly discriminated against there will never be a culture in which all people can thrive.  There needs to be an Islamic reformation, but who is  bold enough to lead it?  Morsi and the Brotherhood want a Sharia/Islamic state, but they are opposed by people who long for real freedom, but are not sure how to go about getting it, thus they take up arms and are wiling to fight for an ideal which at the moment, is undefined.

In closing todays post:  The Egyptian people are at a crossroads and anything is possible.  Today is the deadline set by the army and we will see how Morsi and the Brotherhood responds.  The death toll continues to rise, the people are armed, the army poised to take control and Morsi and the Brotherhood are defiant, and thus, I believe the stage is set for perhaps a full-blown civil war.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Civil War in Egypt?    Civil War in Egypt? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Looking like a military coup d'etat over there right now.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/03/19261466-supporters-of-egyptian-president-say-military-coup-is-underway?lite
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Civil War in Egypt?    Civil War in Egypt? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Civil War in Egypt? Coupmini
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civil War in Egypt?    Civil War in Egypt? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civil War in Egypt?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: