Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Carter Page Case

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

The Carter Page Case Empty
PostSubject: The Carter Page Case   The Carter Page Case I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:18 pm

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1394096440750772224.html

As many of you know, I have the privilege to represent Carter, along w/a team of other lawyers, in his case against the govt & former govt officials. Although there are limits to what we can say publicly, there are some things we can share. /1 

The case is still in its early stages even though we filed it in Nov 2020 because of the procedural rights given to the govt & former govt officials in federal court. This coming week, however, the defendants will be filing their responses to our Complaint. 
/2 
The defense pleadings are likely to be Motions to Dismiss to try to get the case thrown out on (probably very) technical grounds, rather than the formal Answers to the Complaint. This procedural step is normal in federal civil litigation. 
/3 
We are expecting this procedural move by the defendants & are fully prepared to respond to the arguments the defendants will make. We will be presenting our arguments in opposition in our publicly filed court papers. 

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Last edited by Dove on Sun May 16, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

The Carter Page Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Carter Page Case   The Carter Page Case I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm

/4 

Because of the nature & scope of the conduct by the govt & former govt officials regarding Carter, it is to be expected that there will be legal issues in his case that are novel or unusual & therefore may be presented to the court for resolution. 

The rules of the federal court provide for the briefing of legal arguments to the court in a series of filings and normally with a hearing, so there will be no rulings on any arguments raised by the defendants for quite some time. Federal litigation is a marathon, not a sprint./6 

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

The Carter Page Case
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: