Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Researcher: I need a few questions answered

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michael371
Super Elite

Researcher: I need a few questions answered Empty
PostSubject: Researcher: I need a few questions answered   Researcher: I need a few questions answered I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 am

Sadly, most folks around here consider me to be Mr. Wizard when it comes to computers and all of the great and wonderful things that they do. Nothing, and I mean nothing can be further from the truth. They are amazed that I can watch any football game, basketball or PPV event for free, and they have to pay $120 or more per month for tv packages and I can get the same(and more) for free. The truth is that the info was given to me on how to do this.

I really only possess a shallow knowledge of computers. I am still running Windows 7 and firefox/brave browsers. I bought my wife a new computer with Windows 10 and she is asking me stuff about it that I don't know the answer to. I do like W10 better than I thought that I would but I don't have a clue as to what is contained in it. My question is: Does it have a voice to text program like my Windows 7 has? My voice program is useless because it cannot handle my redneckese dialect and I spend too much time correcting typos. Does W10 have something that is an improvement so that I speak rather than type? Man, if I can just sit here and verbalize my thoughts I'd write a lot more. My old fingers just don't do a good job of connecting with my brain
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Researcher: I need a few questions answered   Researcher: I need a few questions answered I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 am

You have the exact same computer set-up that I have - Win 7 pro & firefox/brave browsers here too. Win 10 is a complete mystery to me. A friend here has a Win 10 machine and the operating system is so unfamiliar that I'm barely able to use it. Annnnd, thy are working on Win 11 - I've seen a pre-release and 11 is even more confusing and un-intuitive than 10.

For the voice to text question (that I didn't answer) you might find some info on the web. I had no clue that it was in Win 7? I have used the in Win 7 text to voice function to read a document to me though.

I'm a lot of help, huh?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
ScaRZ
Elite
ScaRZ

PostSubject: Re: Researcher: I need a few questions answered   Researcher: I need a few questions answered I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 6:54 am

Here is a link to show you step by step. There are privacy issue that you may not feel secure about. Be sure to read about them.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-speech-recognition-and-dictate-text-on-windows-10

Check out youtube if you need help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+10+speech+to+text+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Researcher: I need a few questions answered   Researcher: I need a few questions answered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Researcher: I need a few questions answered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: