Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wil

wil

Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' Empty
PostSubject: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 am

I share this video because I think it is quite enlightening.

This is a Sabbath Service of Lion&Lamb Ministries, guest speaker is Rico Cortes, a Torah teacher.  You can jump to the teaching at around midpoint of the video.

http://new.livestream.com/LionLambMinistries/2013-Devarim
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 am

Thank You, Wil.
 A rich teaching on all aspects of Covenant.
My mind was flooded with the all that non-believers
and believers too, do risk and will risk for the sake of soup,
like Essau.
[cravings and comforts desired by the flesh.]

The weight of the burden of our Covenant in Christ is light,
but not to be treated lightly.  We need treasure it
and honor it with all that we are, all that we say and do.

Satan abhors the Kingship Rule of Jesus, and rebels continually.
The churches bypass reverence, honor and fear of the Lord
in favor of sloppy agape as the flesh hopes it to be.
Right understanding of Covenant Agreement, wherein
God says, If you do this as your part of the Agreement...then I
will be-do this for you as My part, restores right understanding.

Lots of nuggets here too.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:48 am

I just listened to this one tonight and it's chock full of nuggets. I really never knew . . . . The world at large will rebel at this teaching but we serve a mighty King and we will "get it".

I downloaded the Real Media version (much smaller file size) from the Lion & lamb web site and if there is any interest in having an mp3 of this I can convert it and up it to my Mediafire cloud for download.

Rico talks fast, really fast, so be prepared for that. It's like trying to drink from a fire hose. What a blessing. UPUP
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:12 pm

I did  enjoy the historical perspective on Covenant agreement.  BUT, I heard one
word there that wouldn't leave me alone. 
The word was RENEWED, and used in reference to the New Covenant in the New Testament.
So, I've done a little checking.
At his website:  http://www.yah-tube.com/videos/rico/Renewed_Covenant_1/index.html

He has 3 videos on the Renewed Covenant through Christ Jesus.
This accompanying text states his position:

"Did you know that the word NEW in Hebrews chapter 8 is not New in Greek but Refresh? Did you know that the Translators in the King James Bible add the word covenant into the text? Do you know the context of the Chapter from a Hebraic Perspective? These are some of the questions we will answer in this teaching. Traditional Christianity have for almost 1,700 years taught that the Law is done away with and that Yahshua came to start something New. But as we look into the text and study, we soon will come to a conclusion that only the High priesthood in the line of Aaron is the only thing that is being put on Hold until the millennial age. But, in the meantime many teachers use the book of Hebrews and twist some chapters and verses to give the wrong interpretation. This has misguided people in many denominations causing them to be in Rebellion against the Creator of the Universe and walking in Disobedience to YHVH and HIS Torah. We will study chapters 7 and 8 of Hebrews verse by verse and explain what is the renewed covenant?"
~~~~~~

The Greek word in question is kainhn [Kain en] [G2537] and appears in scripture [all in the NT of course] 44 times in 38 verses and is translated as NEW every time, and is clearly the right translation by content and meaning.
"Renewed' doesn't work in the other verses.

So, I'm not going to listen if the very premise is in error, but I'm bummed.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Dove, I know that you and I disagree (agreeably) about this subject however being a Hebrew Roots, Messianic sort of guy I believe that Rico hit the thing square. I hope that peeps will listen to this Rico teaching with an open heart. BTW, thanks for the YahTube link. I didn't know that Rico had a channel over there. UP

Here is Rico's YahTube channel. Loads of teachings.
http://www.yah-tube.com/videos/rico/index.html

Last edited by researcher on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add Rico YahTube channel)
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Glad to be useful. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Been listening to Rico's red heifer teachings. While I find what he has discovered interesting he seems to relish in the idea of mocking Christians. In the 4th red heifer segement I had to stop listening. He goes too far in lambasting Christians. (like he's mad at all christians for the spanish inquistion, and is gonna take it out on you)

He found out 10 years ago that he is from jewish decent and only recently figured out that he "might" be from a priestly line. He seems to relish this idea and is quick to put you down while he is lifting himself up. He comes off as a know it all show off. We all  know how God feels about show offs.

His teaching's are interesting. Just wish he was a little bit more humble about it.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'   Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rico Cortes on the 'Covenant'
Page 1 of 1