Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. Empty
PostSubject: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:38 am

Acid reflux, also referred to as heartburn or indigestion, is a condition where stomach acids back up through the lower esophageal sphincter, burning the lining of the esophagus, causing pain and a constellation of other symptoms. Numerous natural remedies as well as pharmaceutical drugs abound for the treatment of reflux and it’s companion condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. Chia seeds have been around for thousands of years and are commonly used medicinally by the natives of Mexico, Central and South America. They are high in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, antioxidants and other essential nutrients. The chia seed contains amino acids and is a complete protein that works to increase stamina and reduce appetite. Because of their unique makeup, chia seeds provide relief from heartburn, even heartburn from water. Their consumption works to reduce acid reflux and chest pain and heal symptoms of GERD.

http://www.jbbardot.com/chia-seeds-provide-relief-for-heartburn-indigestion-and-acid-reflux/
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:12 am

I'll take the challenge. Smile
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth345

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks for the info Spring but do you know anyone who has actually tried and tested this?  I have suffered  from acid reflux for years and have a Hiatus hernia as well.  I am on Esomeprazole (Nexium) tablets 20 mg and find if I don't take them every day I suffer dreadful heartburn. I
 wish I could get off them, have tried several times but end up having to go back on them so relish the thought of something proven  to work as an alternative.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 pm

I might give this a try as well as I get acid reflux pretty badly from time to time. I'm an avid sprouter, alfalfa, mung bean, etc. though I've never sprouted chia, but it is said that chia sprouts are delicious so if the heartburn remedy thingy doesn't work I can always do the sprout thing and eat 'em in my salads. Laughing

Hey, this gal has the exact same tiered sprouter that I have for going on 15+ years or more. It works great, though I do use mason jars and what-not also.

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 pm

I have this too...I drink apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons in some warm water...before meals...can also add honey....and cinnamon....tastes awful the first few times but gets better as you get used to it.....I used to wke up with heartburn in the middle of the night but not anymore...so it could be the applecider vinegar? give "it" a try...it's also good for you!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth345

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 am

I have tried this too Yaddy but it also gave me more acid, I read about this in a health magazine about a year ago but it just didn't work for me. Don't know what sort of stomach I have faceypalm
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes Elizabeth345.... beats me that it takes away the acid....I was sure it would be worse but it isn't!
sorry it didn't work for you!
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 pm

I wonder if baking soda might work?
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Kitiara wrote:
I wonder if baking soda might work?

Indeed it does. Makes for one or two fantastic burps minutes later too. Taste is nasty but it does work and I sometimes use it.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 am

Isn't that stuff slimy? Anyone ever tried natto? I'm going for it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.   Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healthy Anti Acid Reflux solution.
Page 1 of 1