Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive Empty
PostSubject: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am

Drone Crashes On Highway In Florida; Second Crash In One Week
July 17, 2013

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive 7-17+Drone+Crash

For the second time in a week, a Drone has been destroyed at Tyndall Air Force Base, WJHG.com reports.

The latest crash came Wednesday morning around 8:25 when the drone crashed alongside US 98 in the Silver Flag area on the east side of the base.

Eye witnesses say the QF 4 drone crashed while taking off, exploded and sent up a large black cloud.

Base and local police and safety officials have closed Highway 98 and are anticipating that it will remain closed for up to 24 hours.

According to WJHG, the closure is being done because of a small self-destruct charge carried on board the drone. The status of this device is unknown. It is powered by a short-life battery which will be fully depleted in 24 hours.

The charge is used to destroy the drone if it leaves its pre-approved flight plan.

The previous drone crash, says WJHG, occurreds last Wednesdayover the Gulf of Mexico south of Cape San Blas in Gulf County..

This crash was seen by vacationers on Cape San Blas.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:29 am

FYI the QF 4 is a retrofitted F-4 Phantom, i.e. not what we think of as a typical drone.
Back to top Go down
r3m0

r3m0

PostSubject: Re: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:53 pm

good (?) to know...

Luke 12:7: But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Isaiah 44:24: Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

1 Thes. 5:18: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive 2958853248 ... ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Well, I have not kept up with the numbers given to drones... I didn't know that is what this was when posting... very surprised they are using such old aircraft. I worked on these back in the 70's.. nothing but a heavy "lead sled" as we called em. They do leave a big hole and burn for quite a while.
So... let's hope they don't put up too many in that 30,000 because this means they will be able to put up some big armament along with a 20mm Gatling Gun.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 am

BAE has been retrofitting them since '96 or '97 and have supposedly done 3 or 4 hundred as 'target' drones.

r3m0 wrote:
good (?) to know...

edit to add:

Remember that Turkish F-4 that was 'shot-down' by Assad's mil over the Med a few months back???
CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive 2936454605

Last edited by quietobserver on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive   CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR 24hrs Until The Battery Runs Down. drone battery hooked to explosive
Page 1 of 1