Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid Empty
PostSubject: Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid   Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 am

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Up_to_500_%E2%80%98Al_Qaeda_militants%E2%80%99_flee_Iraq%E2%80%99s_Abu_Ghraib_in_brutal_break-out/27536/0/0/0/Y/M.html

Up to 500 ‘Al Qaeda militants’ flee Iraq’s Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out
July 22, 2013
Print Version

Source: RT

Human rights, Iraq, Law, Terrorism, USA A manhunt is underway in Iraq for hundreds of convicts, including senior al Qaeda terrorists, who broke out of Abu Ghraib prison after a military-style raid to free them, authorities said on Monday.
"The number of escaped inmates has reached 500, most of them were convicted senior members of al Qaeda and had received death sentences," said Hakim Zamili, a senior member of the security and defense committee in parliament.
Suicide bombers drove cars with explosives into the gates of the prison on the outskirts of Baghdad on Sunday night, while gunmen attacked guards. Other militants held the main road, fighting off security reinforcements sent from Baghdad. Ten policemen and four militants were killed in the clashes, which continued until early Monday, when military helicopters arrived to help regain control.
By that time, hundreds of inmates had succeeded in fleeing Abu Ghraib. The security forces arrested some of them, the rest are still free, Zamili told Reuters.
A simultaneous attack on another prison, in Taji, to the north of Baghdad, had a similar scheme, but guards prevented a break-out. Sixteen soldiers and six militants were killed there.
Sunni rebels, including al Qaeda-affiliated Iraq, have been gaining strength and regularly striking Shiite Muslims and security forces. The violence has increased fears of a return to conflict in a country. In the city of Mosul to the north of Baghdad, a suicide bomber detonated a vehicle with explosives behind a military convoy, killing at least 22 soldiers and three passers-by, police reported.
Recent attacks have targeted mosques, football matches, shopping areas and cafes where people meet after breaking the daily fast for the holy month of Ramadan. Nearly 600 people have been killed in militant attacks across Iraq so far this month, according to the monitoring group Iraq Body Count.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid   Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 pm

FYI because the details are pertinent.

quietobserver

Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid 125-8

Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_minipostSubject: Re: US preparing for military action in Syria-Al Qaeda   Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_minitimeToday at 10:42 amAbu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_multiquote_off Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_quoteAbu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid I_icon_edit

(Reuters) - Al Qaeda claimed responsibility on Tuesday for simultaneous raids on two Iraqi prisons and said more than 500 inmates had been set free in the operation, one of its most brazen in Iraq.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/23/us-iraq-violence-alqaeda-idUSBRE96M0C720130723

Probably 1 & all headed to Syria to claim their 72 virgins fighting for the insurgency that we're arming. This is going to get out of control very soon barring a major change in course.

Edit to add: Most if not all of these dirt bags were in prison because some brave soldier(s) risked their lives to put them there.

Last edited by quietobserver on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
Back to top Go down

Abu Ghraib in brutal break-out, 500 flee, after a military-style raid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: