Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Box Tricks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Howdy all. Doggone it, I kept loosing the chat box! So here's the dope on that.

1.) Chat box only appears if you click the INDEX button at the top and it appears at the bottom below the different forum area titles. If you are in any of the forums proper the chatbox ain't there anymore!

Well dang-nabit, that sucks lemons cause if you want to discuss some hot topic posted in one of the forum areas you can't have the chat box at the same time. You'd want the topic open to reference during the chat, right? Only makes sense. WELL . . .

2.) The chat box can be opened in a DIFFERENT TAB on your browser or as a NEW WINDOW in a second browser. Right click where it says in blue "Chatbox" in the upper left hand corner and select either "open in new tab" or "open in new window" or whatever options your browser displays. I use Firefox, other browsers might display differently on that right click.

Anyone else finds any other chatbox tips, come share them here.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello Researcher! I kknow it only opens on the home page, I always click the picture on top to return to the homepage but are you saying you can click the link and open a pop -up wherever you are?
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Delfi wrote:
Hello Researcher! I kknow it only opens on the home page, I always click the picture on top to return to the homepage but are you saying you can click the link and open a pop -up wherever you are?

That's a fact. You can have your cake and eat it too. Forum open in one tab or window, chatbox open at the same time in another. Go ahead and try it.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 pm

That is so cool!!!! Let's all pray that those moneyhorses at Crowdgather don't buy Forumer too! No
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Delfi wrote:
That is so cool!!!! Let's all pray that those moneyhorses at Crowdgather don't buy Forumer too! No

Is there a smiley for "finger down the throat"? BTW, I'm on chat now with Aloha. Come and see.
Back to top Go down
sixminks

sixminks

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks I'll try it. Oh BTW I only posted here to show off my new avatar. I think everyone will love the cuteness.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 am

sixminks wrote:
Thanks I'll try it. Oh BTW I only posted here to show off my new avatar. I think everyone will love the cuteness.

Dig those two cool minkies. That makes two, need to find the other four. lol! Actually I think they're otters but I won't tell. Wink
Back to top Go down
sixminks

sixminks

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Minks are mean and I'm more like an otter than a mink. However, the word mink is part of my last name. And the better half and I have 4 kids. Now the secret is out. No more mystery here.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 pm

sixminks wrote:

bounce I love the cuteness, they look soft and cuddly.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Since we are probably a tad rusty at using some of the functions on this board (I know I am) I thought a little bumpity bump on this ancient topic was in order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chat Box Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Tricks   Chat Box Tricks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chat Box Tricks
Page 1 of 1