Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women Empty
PostSubject: Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women   Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 am

Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse

AP Photo: Riccardo de Luca

During interviews July 28 and 29 on board the plane from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Pope Francis spoke about gay and women priests.

Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women _h17_w0_m6_otrue_lfalse4 hr ago  By MSN News with wire reports

In remarkably free-ranging talks during his flight home from Brazil, Pope Francis says he won't judge gay priests, but women priests are not in the offing.

ABOARD THE PAPAL AIRCRAFT 

Pope Francis is reaching out to gays, saying he won't judge priests for their sexual orientation, but closed the door on woman priests, in remarkably open and wide-ranging news conferences as he returned from his first foreign trip.

"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Francis told Associated Press reporters Monday during his journey back to the Vatican from his first foreign trip in Brazil

Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay priests?
3 hr ago 1:

His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, authored a document that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests. Francis is being much more conciliatory, saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.

Related: Pope, in candid speech, speaks of 'exodus' from the Church

On Sunday, however, Pope Francis told Reuters reporters the Roman Catholic Church's ban on women priests is "definitive," although he would like them to have more leadership roles in its administration and pastoral activities.

Speaking Sunday night, he said, "The Church has spoken and says no ... that door is closed."

Related: Pope OKs indulgences for the tweeting classes

It was the first time he had spoken in public on the issue of women priests.

During his first news conference that lasted almost an hour and a half, The Associated Press reported that the pope was funny and candid. He didn't dodge a single question, even thanking the journalist who raised allegations reported by an Italian newsmagazine that one of his trusted monsignors was involved in a scandalous gay tryst.

Francis said he investigated and found nothing to back up the allegations.

Francis was asked about Italian media reports suggesting that a group within the church tried to blackmail fellow church officials with evidence of their homosexual activities. Italian media reported this year that the allegations contributed to Benedict's decision to resign.

Stressing Catholic social teaching that calls for homosexuals to be treated with dignity and not marginalized, Francis said it was something else entirely to conspire to use private information for blackmail or to exert pressure.

The pope was responding to reports that a trusted aide was involved in an alleged gay tryst a decade ago. He said he investigated the allegations according to canon law and found nothing to back them up. But he took journalists to task for reporting on the matter, saying the allegations concerned matters of sin, not crimes like sexually abusing children.

And when someone sins and confesses, he said that God not only forgives but forgets.

"We don't have the right to not forget," he said.
Associated Press writer Nichol Winfield and Reuters writer Philip Pullella contributed to this report.

http://news.msn.com/world/pope-opens-up-on-gay-priests-says-no-to-women?ocid=fbmsn
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women   Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pseudoprophetai Pope Frank Asks “Who Am I to Judge” Homosexual Priests?   Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Pseudoprophetai Pope Frank Asks “Who Am I to Judge” Homosexual Priests?
07/30/2013 

Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women Pope_Francis_in_March_2013-300x300

The Pope says “Who am I to judge?” Rather astonishing coming from the alleged the vicar of Christ… Perhaps he is not equipped to judge. But “The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.”[url=http://biblia.com/bible/esv/1 Co 2.15]1 Co 2:15[/url] and consider this passage, “Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!”[url=http://biblia.com/bible/esv/1 Co 6.2%E2%80%933]1 Co 6:2–3[/url] Given the scripture is clear this behavior leads to hell [url=http://biblia.com/bible/esv/1 Cor 6.9]1 Cor 6:9[/url], it is a dereliction of moral duty not to make a judgement. The idea is that we do not judge hypocritically, but we must make judgments.

Quote :
But we know that the law is good, provided one uses it legitimately. We know that the law is not meant for a righteous person, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral and homosexuals, for kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and for whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching based on the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was entrusted to me.”

http://www.logosapologia.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women   Pope opens up on gay priests, says no to women I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: