Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials Empty
PostSubject: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:26 pm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08

Mystery object falls from sky, military says it's a weather balloon and seals off area

Simply nobody will be giving any credence to officials in America who have stated that a mystery object which fell from the sky this week - after which the surrounding area was evacuated and sealed off for some time by police and military personnel - was just a "weather balloon".
Reportedly, large numbers of government operatives from various agencies converged urgently on a residential neighbourhood in Norfolk, Virginia, on Tuesday night after an unidentified object fell from the sky there. News reports describe the object as "something odd", with some eyewitness accounts saying it resembled a balloon and others suggesting that the crashlanded artifact had a structure similar to "styrofoam". According to local TV news:

Quote :
One person told authorities it was making a strange noise.
People living and working in the immediate area were rapidly evacuated and the district was sealed off by a combination of police and military personnel. The presence of operatives from shadowy federal agencies in overall charge of the incident was - of course - not mentioned by spokesmen briefing the media.
However it was revealed that initial contact with the landed object was handled using a robot. Following this there was consultation with experts from NASA.
Not long thereafter the mystery object from the sky was apparently loaded onto an unidentified government vehicle and removed from the scene. Subsequently local residents were permitted to return to their homes and the military and police contingents dispersed.
An official spokesman, Battalion Chief Julian Williamson, then briefed reporters, saying that "investigators made contact with the package and determined it to be ... a weather balloon".
He also urged anyone finding or seeing any other such objects or happenings:
"Do not investigate on your own. Just call the authorities."

alien
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Riiiight, just a weather balloon. Weather balloons come down and are retrieved by the public all the time. There is even a postage paid mail bag attached to each one so that finders can return them to NOAA. Link below has info on that and I've cut and pasted the return part from the web site. This has all the earmarks of another Roswell type cover-up.

http://www.noaa.gov/features/02_monitoring/balloon.html

NOAA wrote:
Return to Sender, Please!

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials Balloonfinder2

Instructions for returnig a weather balloon.

Radiosondes are easy to recognize, and each one has its own addressed, postage-paid return mailbag. However, the National Weather Service recovers less than 20 percent of the 75,000 radiosondes released each year.

The National Weather Service hopes that, through education and awareness of the value and importance of upper-air radiosondes, more people will be eager to return them. Returning radiosondes benefits the environment and saves taxpayer dollars by recycling the units for reuse.

So, if you happen to find a weather balloon and its radiosonde package in your neck of the wood, there’s no need to fear… Please return it to NOAA’s National Weather Service.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 am

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials Norfpkg2

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/Package-discovered-neighborhood-turns-out-to-be-weather-balloon-217677901.html

3 other pics at the website. Seeing as how it crashed into Norfolk I'd guess the Navy didn't know what it was either and didn't appreciate its flight path. shot down idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:59 am

Hmmm... I don't see the return envelope, do you?

Why would they evacuate a neighborhood because of this thing?  My son thinks that maybe an alien virus was aboard.  I think that maybe it was filled with chocolate and they didn't want to share.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 am

It may very well be one of who knows how many devices NASA puts up into the atmosphere to measure a million different variables. Remember the lithium they were using as a 'tracer' in early July? That was in VA as well. We get these type things 'crashing' down here in FL from time to time from the Cape. They have quite a bit of mercury in them, or at least that's what they tell you to keep you from 'investigating' when one crashes.

Granted it has crashed but it looks like it may very well have been an improvised spy device of some sort. Fill a Styrofoam cooler with a transmitter & a camera and suspend it from a small balloon & hope it doesn't get spotted. It is Norfolk, home of the world's biggest Naval Station, not a cornfield in Nebraska.

rose from kentucky wrote:
Hmmm... I don't see the return envelope, do you?

Why would they evacuate a neighborhood because of this thing?  My son thinks that maybe an alien virus was aboard.  I think that maybe it was filled with chocolate and they didn't want to share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials   Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery object falls from sky, area sealed off by military: 'Weather balloon', say officials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: